Kukla's Korner Hockey
Some odds & ends Kukla’s Korner website business to mention:
- Off the Wire is a new page on the KK site (you can access it from the navigation bar above) where we’ll generally be posting minor news and press releases that will be of interest to some fans, but maybe not the broader NHL audience. Those posts won’t show up on the front page or on the KK Hockey page.
- About subscriptions: Don’t forget there are numerous ways to subscribe to KK. To receive all the posts we put up each day this feed is the one to use; to select only specific blogs just take your pick! (And of course, there’s always Twitter.)
- Don’t forget our Hockey Links page—it can be very useful for finding everything from mainstream media outlets to great fan blogs. If you spot any broken links or would like to suggest a site for the page, contact us anytime.
A couple weeks ago we invited registered members of Kukla’s Korner to enter our Hockey Hall of Fame Contest to win 4 tickets to the Legends Classic game on November 9th, plus 4 more tickets to visit the HHOF itself.
The contest closed last week and so it’s high time we announced the winner, chosen by a random draw: MrGordy.
Our sincere thanks to the Hockey Hall of Fame for providing such a great prize. Anyone else wanting to attend that game or any of the other events being celebrated in Toronto in November, hit this link for more information.
Knockout Hockey is a direct advertiser on Kukla’s Korner and will be awarding a copy of their DVD to a lucky KK member.
You will have your choice of Knockout Hockey- The Original or Knockout Hockey- Fights and Brawls.
All you have to do is leave a comment about the best fight you have witnessed or comment about the top fighters in the game. A random drawing of all comments will be held next Tuesday and the winner will be announced that day.
Note: You’ll have to be a KK member (you can sign up here for free) and leave your comment by Monday night, October 27th, by midnight ET.
The Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto has graciously agreed to give one lucky Kukla’s Korner member 4 tickets to the Legends Classic game taking place in Toronto on November 9th, plus 4 passes to visit the HHOF.*
The Source For Sports Hockey Hall of Fame Legends Classic, taking place at Air Canada Centre, highlights the Sunday afternoon schedule of Induction Weekend. Witness hockey history as the 2008 Inductees receive their official Honoured Member Blazers, then lace up their skates with other NHL stars as they take on a team of Montréal Canadiens’ Legends.
The game boasts an unrivalled roster of 15 Honoured Members – Anderson, Cournoyer, Michel Goulet, Dale Hawerchuk, Rod Langway, Larionov, Lanny McDonald, Brad Park, Robinson, Borje Salming, Steve Shutt, Darryl Sittler, Billy Smith, Peter Stastny and Bryan Trottier. In addition, fans will be treated to a Half-Time Show and Post-Game Encore by Canadian rock icon, Kim Mitchell, live in concert.
If you’re a KK member (registration is free & easy) just drop us a note in the comments of this post and we’ll do a random draw for the winner on October 24th.**
Obviously you’ll have to be able to get to Toronto to attend—but even if you yourself can’t use the tickets we’ll be happy to send them to a friend of yours in the area.
Below is a full press release on the upcoming events at the HHOF:
Just a quick note:
At the bottom of every post on the website you’ll now find the bright green button featured here. For anyone who might not be familiar with it, it’s simply there to allow you to easily share or bookmark posts by way of email, del.icio.us, Facebook, etc.
We hope you find it convenient.
KK readers requested that we add a ‘most recent comment’ feature. So on the KK Homepage, in the middle column at the bottom, we have added the last ten comments made in the blogs.
This allows you to follow blog posts and the comments in those posts.
From Paul Kukla at NHL.com—
I am so ready!
Center Ice ordered along with NHL GameCenter Live. All cables and inputs checked and tightened on the back of the HDTV. The recliner is exactly 9 feet away from the 55 inch screen. Picture-in-picture x4 checked, which allows me to follow 8 games at a time. Climbed onto the roof, sprayed the satellite dish with anti-stick cooking spray (prevents ice and snow build-up).
Sound system has been checked…
continued… as Paul reminds me of all the ways that some of us are NOT ready!
Last night we made a slight tweak to the KK homepage.
You will notice the author of the blog is now highlighted in a gray bar located just below the blog title. We hope this change makes it easier for you to distinguish who the author is and what blog it belongs to.
This change is only on the KK homepage, all other areas remain the same.
Late last Wednesday, as many of you know, we added an eclectic group of hockey bloggers to KK.
Our first full week is complete and I thought you would be interested in seeing the amoung of readers we are attracting on a daily basis.
Thanks everyone and we look forward to a great hockey season.
stats provided by Urchin
With the launch of the new Kukla’s Korner website design, I want to quickly point out a few of the new-and-improved features of the site:
- KK’s new design is meant to be easy to navigate around. Using the nav bar above, visit the Home page to see everything published on KK all in one handy spot, or go to Blogs to check out each blog individually.
- One of our priorities has been to speed up page-loading time on the site, and that has been improved drastically—it’s now rendering about 30-50% faster than before. This will allow readers to navigate from page to page much quicker than in the past.
- Mobile device users will particularly benefit from the faster page loads, but also from the improved page rendering. Bottom line: the content you look for when you come to the KK site via your smartphone will now appear much higher on your screen, and much cleaner than in the past. Appearance on iPhone:
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Paul Kukla founded Kukla’s Korner in 2005 and the site has since become the must-read site on the ‘net for all the latest happenings around the NHL.
From breaking news to in-depth stories around the league, KK Hockey is updated with fresh stories all day long and will bring you the latest news as quickly as possible.
Email Paul anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org