Kukla's Korner Hockey
#VZWVoices #Fan “Disclosure: I am participating in the Verizon Fans Voices program and have been provided with a wireless device and six months of service in exchange for my honest opinions about the product.”
OK, now that I have all the pertinent information displayed, let me tell you about this great Android based phone.
Today is officially Thanksgiving in Canada but I am sure it was celebrated over the weekend too.
If you have the day off, enjoy, feast on some turkey and tune in the NHL Network in Canada at 1:00pm ET to catch Wings/Bruins.
Columbus Day means we get no mail and some of the local, state and federal offices are closed but lately we have become used to that.
And remember, “You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore”.- Christopher Columbus
May you enjoy your New Year celebrations!
Soon hockey talk will be at the forefront. I don't know why, but this summer has seemed to be an extra-long one for me.
I do believe the hockey talk will pick up beginning next Tuesday, right after the long holiday weekend concludes. I will be around and will update as necessary, but don't expect much talk until next week.
So with that, if you are hitting the road, please stay safe and when you get back, hockey will be just around the corner.
Here we are in the middle of August and most of us are anxiously awaiting the opening of NHL training camps in less than a month.
With that in mind, I am going to take a very mini-break over the next three days before the action picks-up.
I am not going anywhere but just plan to take it easy, re-charge my mind and do a little couch sitting while things are still slow.
You will be in good hands with George and Monica filling in and if anything major does pop-up, I am only a few steps away from my computer.
I planned on going back to bed, but the neighbor across the street decided to have a huge tree removed today and the grinding noise will prevent me from getting some rest at this point in time.
I am on the lookout for bloggers for the upcoming NHL season.
Also, I wanted to thank all of you who continue to use the KK affiliate link to Amazon.com. It has been a pleasant surprise seeing the recent purchases during the last few months.
I am done for the day/night. Been a long one but wow, some movement happened we neve expected.
I will be back tomorrow and have no plans for a vacation in the near future, so remember to stop by for the latest hockey news.
George may return later tonight, but in meantime, if anything breaks, feel free to leave a comment below or, as always, discuss anything hockey related.
Enjoy the day and the very long weekend too and be careful with the fireworks.
I will be monitoring all the hockey news today and of course will be around tomorrow and the weekend as the UFA signings start.
added 8:52am, Thanks to a Sean Leahy tweet for this pointer...
- Teams are now allowed to make their sales pitch to any UFA player but cannot sign them to a contract until noon ET, July 5th.
- Still shaking my head on the decision by Vinny Lecavalier to play for the Philadelphia Flyers. I am not sure what the attraction was and if I am a Flyers fan, I'm still pinching myself.
- I have over the years interacted with a few folks from the Phoenix Coyotes and with that, I am so happy the team will be staying in Phoenix. I can imagine their stress level dropped and now they have to clear one more hurdle, will the new ownership group be making internal changes? I hope that is not the case and everyone can move forward and not face any more uncertainty.
- Many of you in the good old USA mayb be starting a long holiday weekend today or tomorrow. But not us here at KK.
We will be providing as much coverage as possible regarding the UFA period, which starts at noon ET on Friday. So plan on making KK a destination while you are enjoying the fireworks, hot dogs and a few pops.
- Note to Ken Holland: Wings need a pure goal scorer, his name is Jarome Iginla.
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Paul Kukla founded Kukla’s Korner in 2005 and the site has since become the must-read site on the ‘net for all the latest happenings around the NHL.
From breaking news to in-depth stories around the league, KK Hockey is updated with fresh stories all day long and will bring you the latest news as quickly as possible.
Email Paul anytime at email@example.com