Entries with the tag: reader thoughts
Well folks. Another season has come and gone, a new Cup winner has been crowned and Gary Bettman finally gets what he wants with his prized possession (Sidney Crosby) winning the Stanley Cup.
With that in mind, I want to hear your thoughts on the 2008-09 NHL season. Feel free to let it all out!
- What teams/players surprised you most this season?
- What teams/players disappointed you the most this season?
- Which player was the unsung hero of this season?
- What was your favorite moment of the season?
- How did this year’s playoffs help the sport?
- What can the league do to make the game better next season?
As you all know, there are currently eight teams remaining in the playoffs, which could change as soon as tonight depending on the outcomes of the Washington Capitals vs. Pittsburgh Penguins and Vancouver Canucks vs. Chicago Blackhawks games tonight.
With that said, this means that there are eight goalies remaining. Out of curiosity, which goalie would you want to have lead your team to the Stanley Cup? Why?
- Tim Thomas, Boston Bruins
- Cam Ward, Carolina Hurricanes
- Simeon Varlamov, Washington Capitals
- Marc-Andre Fleury, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Chris Osgood, Detroit Red Wings
- Jonas Hiller, Anaheim Ducks
- Roberto Luongo, Vancouver Canucks
- Nikolai Khabibulin, Chicago Blackhawks
I have to admit - it’s been a pretty exciting Stanley Cup playoffs so far. We’ve seen some great goals, hits, saves, surprises and of course, it wouldn’t be playoff hockey without bad officiating across the board. More importantly, the playoff coverage has been excellent and hopefully, ESPN is noticing that if presented the right way, the NHL could be a big revenue generator for the supposed “Worldwide Leader in Sports.”
With that said, I wanted to open the floors to the readers to get your thoughts on the following subjects:
- Are the Chicago Blackhawks really this good or will the Vancouver Canucks come back and win the series? Why?
- Has Jonas Hiller’s (Anaheim Ducks) performance in the playoffs sealed his fate as the club’s No.1 goalie next season?
- Why is Detroit Red Wings Johan Franzen such a scoring machine? Did you Wing fans out there expect this of him?
- If the Vancouver Canucks get knocked out of the postseason, who is to blame?
- Will Washington Capitals netminder Simeon Varlamov be the team’s starting goalie next season?
- Who are some of your candidates for the Conn Smythe Trophy as the MVP during the postseason?
Let’s hear your thoughts folks.
The readers are a tremendous part of who we are here at Kukla’s Korner. Because I value your opinions, I would like to open the floor to you guys to answer the following questions surrounding all things hockey:
- Who will finish first in the Eastern Conference? Why?
- Who will finish first in the Western Conference? Why?
- Should Montreal Canadiens’ netminder Carey Price be sent down to the minors, as was suggested by NHL Network’s Craig Button?
- What’s going on with the Boston Bruins? Will they end up falling out of first in the East? Will they get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs?
- Is Martin Brodeur really the greatest goaltender of all-time or is he simply a product of the New Jersey Devils’ system?
- Will Marian Hossa be a Detroit Red Wing next season?
- What will the Toronto Maple Leafs’ goaltending situation next season?
- Will Columbus Blue Jackets’ goaltender Steve Mason turn into Carey Price next season or is he the real deal?
- Why all the criticism regarding Vancouver Canucks’ goaltender Roberto Luongo? Last I checked, he’s peforming as a team captain should.
This is all I could think of right now but I wanted to get your thoughts so please feel free to post a comment!