Entries with the tag: nhl questions
I have to admit - it’s been a pretty exciting Stanley Cup playoffs so far. We’ve seen some great goals, hits, saves, surprises and of course, it wouldn’t be playoff hockey without bad officiating across the board. More importantly, the playoff coverage has been excellent and hopefully, ESPN is noticing that if presented the right way, the NHL could be a big revenue generator for the supposed “Worldwide Leader in Sports.”
With that said, I wanted to open the floors to the readers to get your thoughts on the following subjects:
- Are the Chicago Blackhawks really this good or will the Vancouver Canucks come back and win the series? Why?
- Has Jonas Hiller’s (Anaheim Ducks) performance in the playoffs sealed his fate as the club’s No.1 goalie next season?
- Why is Detroit Red Wings Johan Franzen such a scoring machine? Did you Wing fans out there expect this of him?
- If the Vancouver Canucks get knocked out of the postseason, who is to blame?
- Will Washington Capitals netminder Simeon Varlamov be the team’s starting goalie next season?
- Who are some of your candidates for the Conn Smythe Trophy as the MVP during the postseason?
Let’s hear your thoughts folks.
It may only be Wednesday but it’s been a wild and crazy week in the National Hockey League as teams are battling for playoff spots, solidifying playoff spots or trying to end their season on a positive note.
With that in mind, I’d like to open the floor up to the fans and get your thoughts on these questions surrounding the NHL:
- How will Detroit Red Wings netminder Chris Osgood do in the playoffs?
- Due to their poor play and a few injuries to key players, will the Montreal Canadiens fall out of a playoff spot?
- How many of you would root for the St. Louis Blues if they got into the postseason? I know I would.
- Are the New York Islanders really that bad or do they just want the first pick in the ‘09 draft?
- How far will the Carolina Hurricanes go in the playoffs?
- Does Boston Bruins’ goaltender Tim Thomas have what it takes to deliver in the postseason?
- Do the Washington Capitals have the goaltending to succeed in the playoffs? I think that’s debatable.
- What’s the over/under on New Jersey Devils’ head coach Brent Sutter not returning next season?
- Sticking with the Devils, what’s wrong with netminder Martin Brodeur?
Feel free to chime in with your thoughts, opinions and rants.