by Patrick Hoffman on 06/05/10 at 12:01 AM ET
After two periods, it’s still 3-1 Flyers as they try to knot the series up at 2-2.
Here are some thoughts I had on the second period:
- Leighton is 5-0 at home in these playoffs. He’s one period away from making that 6-0 thanks to his terrific play between the pipes tonight.
- Speaking of home ice, the Flyers haven’t lost at the Wachovia Center since Game 3 in the Eastern Conference semi-finals against the Boston Bruins.
- From @DanTencer: “Who are the guys in white jerseys and what have they done with the Hawks?”
- Understatement from Mike Emrick: “Dustin Byfuglien has not been the same presence he was in games 1 and 2”. I’m sure the team and its fans think the same thing.
- The Hawks may be losing this game 3-1 but it’s not due to the play of Marian Hossa. Hossa’s been solid for his club tonight.
- Got to admit - Versus has done a terrific job in this year’s playoffs.
- Got to admit part two: The NHL/Versus partnership has worked for both sides. That’s one thing that Mr. Bettman has done right in his tenure as the NHL boss.
- How many of you folks think that this series could go 7? Based on the first two periods of this game, I certainly do!
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Goal Line Report
Patrick has a tremendous passion for hockey. Besides covering the Rangers and the NHL for Kukla's Korner, you can also find Patrick's work over at Sportsnet.ca, The Red Light District Hockey Blog, NHL Home Ice, and Liam Maguire's Ultimate Hockey web site.
Prior to writing for the above mentioned outlets, you could find Patrick's musings at hockey web sites/outlets such as TheHockeyNews.com, TheFourthPeriod.com, Spector's Hockey, Hokeja Vestnesis, Blueshirt Bulletin, SNYRangersBlog.com and many more.
For questions, comments and hip checks, feel free to e-mail Patrick at firstname.lastname@example.org.