by Patrick Hoffman on 06/08/11 at 03:05 PM ET
When looking at tonight’s Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final between the Boston Bruins and Vancouver Canucks, there are a few things that each team needs to do or needs to have happen in order to come out of it with a victory.Boston Bruins
1) Stay The Course: The Bruins need to play the exact same way they did on Monday night in their 8-1 victory. That means they need to be physical, need to forecheck, need to get the puck deep and need to throw lots and lots of pucks on Canucks’ goaltender Roberto Luongo.
2) Do Not Retaliate: Yes, Canucks’ defenseman Aaron Rome knocked out Bruins’ sniper Nathan Horton for the rest of the series but that is no reason to play without discipline. The Bruins need to get the Canucks where they got them on Monday night and that is the scoreboard.
3) Get a Strong Game from Thomas: Something that was overlooked in the game 4 blowout was the play of Bruins’ goaltender Tim Thomas. Thomas made 40 saves, several of them of the spectacular variety, and played until the final buzzer sounded. Another performance like that tonight and this series might be tied heading back to Vancouver for Game 5.
1) Get Secondary Scoring: While the Sedin twins have been struggling in this series, the rest of the club’s offense has yet to step up. This team needs more scoring other than the top line so other players need to step up and score some goals.
2) A Bounce-Back Effort from Luongo: After allowing eight goals on Monday night, Canucks’ netminder Roberto Luongo needs to bring his ‘A’ game tonight. He will need to do a better job of controlling his rebounds and keeping his game simple. When Luongo is on top of his game, he is one of the toughest goaltenders to beat so he will need to be that guy tonight.
3) Stay Out of The Box: The Canucks will need to do everything they can to stay out of the box tonight. The Bruins’ should have some confidence about their power play right now and as such, the Canucks need to be disciplined and need to stay away from things that will get them sucked into taking a penalty.
What are your predictions?
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Goal Line Report
Patrick has a tremendous passion for hockey. Besides covering the Rangers and the NHL for Kukla's Korner, you can also find Patrick's work over at Sportsnet.ca, The Red Light District Hockey Blog, NHL Home Ice, and Liam Maguire's Ultimate Hockey web site.
Prior to writing for the above mentioned outlets, you could find Patrick's musings at hockey web sites/outlets such as TheHockeyNews.com, TheFourthPeriod.com, Spector's Hockey, Hokeja Vestnesis, Blueshirt Bulletin, SNYRangersBlog.com and many more.
For questions, comments and hip checks, feel free to e-mail Patrick at email@example.com.
Watch great hockey at a low price with Dish Network Specials