by Patrick Hoffman on 06/16/11 at 10:55 AM ET
With the NHL officially over, I am sure that many of you hockey fanatics are absolutely dreading a summer without the sport we all love.
Well, have no fear because there are plenty of hockey-related things out there to help you survive the offseason and keep you involved with the game:
- NHL Network: If you have the NHL Network, this will be a great tool for you to utilize throughout the summer. The channel will show “Classic Series’s”, “Classic Games”, “Top 10’s” and like last year, I’m sure that they will replay much of this year’s Stanley Cup Playoffs. Sure, it would be great for the Network to add more original programming but what the Network has to offer right now is terrific hockey viewing.
- NHL Home Ice on Sirius/XM Satellite Radio: By far and away, the NHL Home Ice Channel on Sirius/XM Satellite Radio is a godsend for all hockey fans. The channel has terrific hosts, great programming and enough hockey content to keep you occupied 24/7. Sure, osme of the shows they normally have on during the regular season will slow down but for the most part, NHL Home Ice will always have you covered when it comes to outstanding hockey content.
- EA Sports’s NHL 2011: For you hockey video game playing fans out there, playing EA Sports’s NHL 2011 will be a good way to pass the time while waiting for fall to come. You can start your own season, create a franchise and be the General Manager, or play your way into the NHL. Sure, it is not the real thing but hey, it gets pretty close, eh?
- Twitter: Twitter has become a valuable source for all hockey fans and that will continue to be the case throughout the summer. Make sure to follow your favorite hockey writers, bloggers, reporters, analysts, and insiders for the latest news on your favorite teams throughout the offseason to help keep you informed on all the latest hockey happenings.
- Blogs: There are a ton of terrific hockey blogs out there that go all year round to keep you informed with their latest thoughts on what is going on in the hockey world. We will be here at Kukla’s Korner along with other great hockey blogs such as Puck Daddy, Spector’s Hockey, and SBNation, just to name a few, to bring you all the latest hockey news, thoughts, and opinions.
Again, I know that it is not the same as what is out there during the regular season and that it will still be a daily struggle to make it through a summer without the game that makes us happy from October to June.
With that said, there is plenty of hockey-related things you can listen to, watch, play, and read to help keep you in the game at a time where hockey is not around.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Goal Line Report
Patrick has a tremendous passion for hockey. Besides covering the Rangers and the NHL for Kukla's Korner, you can also find Patrick's work over at Sportsnet.ca, The Red Light District Hockey Blog, NHL Home Ice, and Liam Maguire's Ultimate Hockey web site.
Prior to writing for the above mentioned outlets, you could find Patrick's musings at hockey web sites/outlets such as TheHockeyNews.com, TheFourthPeriod.com, Spector's Hockey, Hokeja Vestnesis, Blueshirt Bulletin, SNYRangersBlog.com and many more.
For questions, comments and hip checks, feel free to e-mail Patrick at firstname.lastname@example.org.