by Patrick Hoffman on 06/04/10 at 11:00 PM ET
With the way the first period went, Paul may certainly be right with his 5-3 prediction.
Game 4 has certainly been a great one so far. Here are some of my thoughts after a first period which has the Flyers up 3-1 over the Blackhawks:
- How about that terrific Leighton blocker save on Toews in front of the net and then again on the wraparound? Leighton showed exceptional poise and did a great job in smothering the rebound.
- Got to admit - I was impressed with Richards’s goal. He made a great play to help turn the puck over and then slide a great low backhander through the wickets of Niemi. That’s the kind of leadership and offensive skill that Richards has shown throughout these playoffs.
- Ladd returns to the Hawks’ lineup and takes a penalty on his first shift. Talk about getting off on the wrong foot.
- Kopecky has to be feeling badly about that interference penalty, eh?
- When you go to the net, good things happen. See Flyers second goal of the game by Matt Carle.
- Sharp’s goal should really be Marian Hossa’s, right?
- How good is this Claude Giroux guy? Certainly seems like he can put the puck in the net, eh?
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Goal Line Report
Patrick has a tremendous passion for hockey. Besides covering the Rangers and the NHL for Kukla's Korner, you can also find Patrick's work over at Sportsnet.ca, The Red Light District Hockey Blog, NHL Home Ice, and Liam Maguire's Ultimate Hockey web site.
Prior to writing for the above mentioned outlets, you could find Patrick's musings at hockey web sites/outlets such as TheHockeyNews.com, TheFourthPeriod.com, Spector's Hockey, Hokeja Vestnesis, Blueshirt Bulletin, SNYRangersBlog.com and many more.
For questions, comments and hip checks, feel free to e-mail Patrick at firstname.lastname@example.org.