Devil's Advocate

Devils Announce Starters Against Rangers

Finally the New Jersey Devils will begin their preseason games tonight, as they take on the New York Rangers in Albany, NY tonight. The Devils are coming with a fully loaded lineup tonight, as Patrik Elias, Zach Parise, Ilya Kovalchuk, Jacob Josefson and Adam Larsson.

The full lineups are continued on the next page.

Both Martin Brodeur and Johan Hedberg will not play tonight.

Be sure to check back later on tonight when I give my observations from the game!

Forwards: Zach Parise, Patrik Elias, Steve Bernier, Ilya Kovalchuk, Jacob Josefson, David Clarkson, Stephane Veilleux, Petr Sykora, Nick Palmieri, Eric Boulton, Brad Mills and Cam Janssen.

Defensemen; Henrik Tallinder, Adam Larsson, Anton Volchenkov, Anton Stralman, Mark Fraser, Peter Harrold.

Goaltenders: Keith Kinkaid, Jeff Frazee.

Filed in: New Jersey Devils, | Devils Advocate | Permalink

Comments

Lindas1st's avatar

Raners?  wink jk

Posted by Lindas1st from New England on 09/21/11 at 04:41 PM ET

Pardon the typo Linda! haha

Posted by David Pavlak on 09/21/11 at 05:32 PM ET

squirrely's avatar

Veilleux?  Is he signed or is he on a tryout?

Posted by squirrely from Dirty Jersey on 09/21/11 at 07:50 PM ET

Hey Squirreley, he is on a pro tryout right now.

Posted by David Pavlak on 09/21/11 at 09:51 PM ET

squirrely's avatar

he sucks, sorry to any veilleux lovers out there

Posted by squirrely from Dirty Jersey on 09/21/11 at 09:59 PM ET

His NHL career hasn’t panned out as planned. He has struggled to remain relevant. He is not the player he once was. One year in the QMJHL, playing for Val d’Or Foreurs, he registered 115 points in 68 games played. It’s a shame it never translated over to the NHL.

Posted by David Pavlak on 09/21/11 at 10:08 PM ET

About Devil's Advocate

I am an all around NHL fan. I love to watch Atlantic Division, and root for the Philadelphia Flyers. Just because I cheer for the Flyers, doesn’t mean I don’t keep up with the other teams in the division, specifically the New Jersey Devils. Devils Advocate will provide you with the most important Devils news, filled with my opinion about the selected topic.

Like what you read? Hated it? Have something else you want to read about? Let me know, I always like to hear from my readers and what they want to see.

Email: pavlakd@rider.edu