Canucks and Beyond
Entries with the tag: alexandre bolduc
Vancouver player movement this week:
- (Inbox) Kevin Bieksa— Last heard on November 13, Bieksa was due for two week layoff as he nursed a hairline fracture in his foot. The estimation was accurate as there’s a realistic chance he’s back in the lineup for Thursday against the Flames.
- (Inbox) Alexandre Bolduc— came up from Manitoba yesterday. 8 goals and a plus-8 thus far, he’s supposedly practicing with the team this morning.
- (Outbox) Ryan Johnson & Steve Bernier— Johnson’s injury is from (what else?) blocking a shot (or 50) a couple games ago, and Bolduc is on deck for him. Bernier’s damage is the result of running into the boards the other night instead of Brett Lebda. Bernier’s explanation:
According to Bernier, he was injured when he snagged his right foot on the Detroit net and was thrown off balance trying to thump Lebda, causing him to miss.
“I lost my footing and I went shoulder and feet first into the boards,” he said. “After that, I didn’t feel very well.”
Slapstick comedy at its finest. (Well, except for the emergency medical care required.)
Update 12:33pm PT: Johnson gets two fractures for the price of one. If you don’t want more bad news, don’t click.
Canucks Free Agency Thrills, in summary—
- The Canucks lay their bets on Backes. That didn’t work out so well.
- Canucks throw $20,000,000 at Mats Sundin. But even that isn’t enough money to play for Vancouver these days