Canucks and Beyond

Video Diary of Game 5, Canucks & Bruins

Bit late with this, but it was a nutty weekend. So, about that trip to Vancouver for game 5, I had a bloody great day.

I’ve put together a video montage of the experience, documenting my observations from the time I left Vancouver Island (where I live), till I returned. A bit long for the casual visitor to this page, but I imagine a few Canucks fans will find it enjoyable. Nothing too special here, just some photos in and around Rogers Arena on Friday, some game atmosphere, some post-game madness, and then seeing the Canucks off at the airport the next morning.

I owe many thanks to the NHL, to the Vancouver Canucks, to CBC Vancouver and CBC Victoria (for two of the most unusual interview situations of my life), and to Paul Kukla.  It was a fantastic time.

Filed in: photos/video/etc, playoff hockey, vancouver canucks, | Canucks and Beyond | Permalink

Comments

Slumpy's avatar

Nicely done. Hoping to see a Game 7. Rooting for Boston but if the Canucks win would rather see them win it on home ice.
So many fans downtown for Game 5, wow.

Posted by Slumpy from Detroit on 06/13/11 at 03:09 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

Hey Slumpy. Thanks for watching my little Opus. smile

Downtown was a madhouse. Definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me.

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/13/11 at 03:37 PM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

Very cool.  And here I thought that stretch Hummer was your ride back to the Island…

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/13/11 at 04:22 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Nice video!  Good luck to your team tonight.  Do this!

(My aunt lived in Nanaimo…rode that ferry a couple times!)

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 06/13/11 at 07:45 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

Thanks, guys. I know it was a bit long, but what the hell.

GZ—I’m not a stretch-Hummer type. But I wouldn’t have said no if it was a free ride. smile

Rumbear—Really?  Wow, small world!

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/13/11 at 10:33 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

I’m so glad you got to go!

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 06/14/11 at 12:33 PM ET

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

About Canucks and Beyond

Alanah McGinley has been blogging hockey since 2003 (with a notable gap in time through 2010, kicking it with new baby Lucy while living knee-deep in chaos while reading "parenting for complete idiots" during every spare minute) sharing opinions, rants and not-so-deep thoughts with anyone who will listen.

In addition to writing Canucks & Beyond and helping manage Kukla's Korner, Alanah was one of the founders and co-hosts of The Crazy Canucks Podcast. She has contributed pieces to FoxSports.com and the New York Times Slapshot blog, as well as other stray destinations in cyberspace.

So that's me. Who the hell are you? smile

Email: am@kuklaskorner.com