Canucks and Beyond
by Alanah McGinley on 12/27/06 at 02:30 PM ET
(1) Vancouver beat Calgary in their own building, ending their home-game winning streak. Battle of Alberta had picked the Flames to win 4-0, which in the end gives me a warm feeling inside. (Have to enjoy a spiteful moment on occasion. Sorry.)
(2) Vancouver scored three goals. Whoo! As Canucks’ fans well-know by now, anything over 1 goal is a bonus; more than 2 goals, and I’m already on my way to church, making donations.
(3) Trevor Linden scored a goal. His parents were at the game and it was Linden’s 3rd goal in the last 5 games. It was a special moment for everyone, no?
(4) Whether or not you think Taylor Pyatt could be exchanged with a cardboard cutout and the Sedins would still score, I actually do like watching them play together. That D.Sedin goal in the 3rd featured a sweet passing play, and Pyatt deserves some credit there.
(5) Alexander Burrows may never score a goal again. I’m sure it’s frustrating for the guy (as he told me himself back on December 4th) but personally, I’m starting to find it amusing.
No matter what happens, no matter how unpredictable a game may be, you can always count on one thing to never, ever change: if Burrows scores a goal, it will ALWAYS be overturned on video review.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Canucks and Beyond
Alanah McGinley has been blogging hockey since 2003 (with a notable gap in time through 2010, kicking it with new baby Lucy while living knee-deep in chaos while reading "parenting for complete idiots" during every spare minute) sharing opinions, rants and not-so-deep thoughts with anyone who will listen.
In addition to writing Canucks & Beyond and helping manage Kukla's Korner, Alanah was one of the founders and co-hosts of The Crazy Canucks Podcast. She has contributed pieces to FoxSports.com and the New York Times Slapshot blog, as well as other stray destinations in cyberspace.
So that's me. Who the hell are you?
Alanah's Twitter: [@alanah1]