Canucks and Beyond

Prime Minister Harper: “The Canucks are my team.”

Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper, attending Game 4 of the SCF in Boston with his daughter.

image

Wondering: Are the dudes in Canucks jerseys in front part of his security team? I may not be Harper’s biggest fan, but that seems worrisome!

Below is the interview Harper gave to CBC’s George Stroumboulopoulos earlier this week.  Good stuff. And fun fact: he doesn’t PVR his hockey… he books the nation’s business around the NHL’s schedule, when necessary.

Now that’s hardcore. smile

Video available at Canucks.com

*photo credit to Rio Ernst at PNG

Filed in: playoff hockey, vancouver canucks, | Canucks and Beyond | Permalink
  Tags: cbc, george+stroumboulopoulos, stephen+harper

Comments

GZ Expat's avatar

Pretty cool that the leader of your country and just sit in the stands.  I am sure there are some security dudes around him, but could you imagine the space they would have to cordone off if the US Prez was there?

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/09/11 at 05:01 PM ET

I’m guessing the Bruins fans in front of him are super-top-secret security.

Posted by nosferatu from Albany, NY on 06/09/11 at 05:16 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

“I’m guessing the Bruins fans in front of him are super-top-secret security.”

That’s what I was thinking maybe, too. Like Super Top Secret In Disguise security. wink

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/09/11 at 05:30 PM ET

Steve Strowbridge's avatar

Prime Minister Harper: “The Canucks are my team.”

All the more reason to cheer for the Bruins! smile

Posted by Steve Strowbridge from St. John's, NL, CA on 06/09/11 at 05:46 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

“All the more reason to cheer for the Bruins!”

Can’t fault you for that. But still, you know, I appreciate getting a little love from Ottawa. It seems kinda rare.  smile

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/09/11 at 05:53 PM ET

Steve Strowbridge's avatar

Absolutely.

Posted by Steve Strowbridge from St. John's, NL, CA on 06/09/11 at 05:58 PM ET

All the more reason to cheer for the Bruins!

Agreed.

No question about it.

Posted by Garth on 06/09/11 at 06:01 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

“Think if another team from Canada makes the finals next year he will show up wearing their jersey?”

Yeah, but wtf… I’m a Canucks fan… I’ll take what I can get! :D

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/09/11 at 06:04 PM ET

Steve Strowbridge's avatar

Yeah, but wtf… I’m a Canucks fan… I’ll take what I can get! :D

For the record, I think you’re great!

Posted by Steve Strowbridge from St. John's, NL, CA on 06/09/11 at 07:10 PM ET

Sat in the row in front of Bill Clinton in RFK in DC;  the men with the shades were there off to the side, but not much else. I doubt the Bruin fans even knew who he was, just be glad he wasn’t wearing a Canucks sweater knowing how dangerous the Gardens are.

Posted by hockey1919 from mid-atlantic on 06/09/11 at 07:14 PM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

hes just there to make himself look good in front of the public.  Im not a fan of harper, he is so full of shit.

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 06/09/11 at 08:59 PM ET

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

About Canucks and Beyond

Alanah McGinley has been blogging hockey since 2003 (with a notable gap in time through 2010, kicking it with new baby Lucy while living knee-deep in chaos while reading "parenting for complete idiots" during every spare minute) sharing opinions, rants and not-so-deep thoughts with anyone who will listen.

In addition to writing Canucks & Beyond and helping manage Kukla's Korner, Alanah was one of the founders and co-hosts of The Crazy Canucks Podcast. She has contributed pieces to FoxSports.com and the New York Times Slapshot blog, as well as other stray destinations in cyberspace.

So that's me. Who the hell are you? smile

Email: am@kuklaskorner.com