Canucks and Beyond

Nashville’s Cup Dreams are… Interesting.

As a fanbase weirdly dedicated to little green men, Canucks fans don’t expect to point fingers at anyone else’s strangeness.

Until we see this:

image

From this Flickr stream, you can check out an entire slideshow of modern hockey fan “art” apparently set up in honor of their games against Anaheim in the first round.

Thank god for the internet. It would be crime if moments like this were lost to history the moment somebody set fire to those t-shirts….

Filed in: obnoxious hockey blogging, | Canucks and Beyond | Permalink
  Tags: hockey+fans+are+bananas

Comments

SnLO's avatar

Tomorrow the NHL is going to require Nashville to put underwear on the statues to cover all private parts and remove the Stanley Cup because it isn’t licensed and not representative of the wholesome family environment that the NHL is.

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 05/03/11 at 08:47 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

I truly hope this is true SnLO after the crybaby whining they did to the league about Greenman.. It’s Always Sunny RAWKS by the way, in case ya’ll didn’t know.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 05/03/11 at 09:06 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

Would this underwear work?

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 05/03/11 at 09:07 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Did you get those custom made Alanah?

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 05/03/11 at 09:40 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

Did you get those custom made Alanah?

Is there anything wrong with that? wink

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 05/03/11 at 09:41 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

I don’t know how that is interference on Lapiere (sp?), it looked like he was clearing the front of the net. That’s not the first time someone banged their noggin on the cross-bar.

It’s almost like every hard check the ref thinks there is a need to call it a penalty.

At least it didn’t lead to a Nashville score.

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 05/03/11 at 10:44 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

I tell you, I’m really seeing that Nashville is a bunch of head-hunting cheap shot thugs. And what’s worse, the refs are letting it all go.

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 05/03/11 at 10:49 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

At this point, I’m trying to keep a balanced view, not be too reactive. (I hate to say it, but maybe they’ll balance things out over the game?)

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 05/03/11 at 10:52 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

Who will balance things out? The Nucks or the Officials?

I make my comment based what I’m seeing with Nashville players targeting heads and all the extra stuff after the whistle. The refs aren’t calling anything which gives the Preds the green light to continue.

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 05/03/11 at 11:01 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

My comment was referencing the officials.

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 05/03/11 at 11:07 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

I feel like Nuck and Wings fans have something to bond over now…

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 05/04/11 at 12:03 AM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Is there anything wrong with that?

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 05/03/11 at 08:41 PM ET

Absolutely not smile  I think I’ll get some custom briefs, “Sharks Swallow”

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 05/04/11 at 12:04 AM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

I’m good luck for Nucks! I walk in from grabbin’ some Tim’s and about 30 seconds later, they score.. outstanding!

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 05/04/11 at 01:15 AM ET

Good job refs, calling a nonexistent penalty on Weber in OT.  And what’s with the CBC announcer saying it was a makeup call for the previous hard check on Bieksa?  Are our neighbors to the north trying to outlaw checking?

Posted by RogerNYLA on 05/04/11 at 01:23 AM ET

John W.'s avatar

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 05/03/11 at 09:52 PM ET

Well, I guess with that brutal call things evened out and then some.  Nucks were just handed the game w/ that travesty of a penalty.

Posted by John W. from a bubble wrap cocoon on 05/04/11 at 01:24 AM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

great, can’t watch a video of this til I get home… How bad was the call?

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 05/04/11 at 01:27 AM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Great job by Kesler turning a penalty into a power play.  tongue rolleye

I could care less who wins this series (mostly because I think the Wings are one loss away from golfing next week), so all I wated to see was a great game. A fair game. And this turned into a refs-decide-the-outcome game.

The Canucks may have won the game. But the league and the fans lost tonight. And that’s just a damn shame.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 05/04/11 at 01:28 AM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

Alright. Well, I watched the first period live but the rest of the game I’ve had to watch on delay (thank god for PVRs during life’s little emergencies) so I’m only in the late second period at this point, and a bit clueless about what happens.

But that being said—if people feel the outcome was unfair, I’m truly sorry to hear that. I am.

But as a Canucks fan?  All I have to say is “WE WON?? AWESOME!” grin

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 05/04/11 at 02:17 AM ET

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

About Canucks and Beyond

Alanah McGinley has been blogging hockey since 2003 (with a notable gap in time through 2010, kicking it with new baby Lucy while living knee-deep in chaos while reading "parenting for complete idiots" during every spare minute) sharing opinions, rants and not-so-deep thoughts with anyone who will listen.

In addition to writing Canucks & Beyond and helping manage Kukla's Korner, Alanah was one of the founders and co-hosts of The Crazy Canucks Podcast. She has contributed pieces to FoxSports.com and the New York Times Slapshot blog, as well as other stray destinations in cyberspace.

So that's me. Who the hell are you? smile

Email: am@kuklaskorner.com