Canucks and Beyond

Luongo’s New Mask

image

“It’s a couple weeks late, just like my game.”

—Roberto Luongo, on receiving his new mask (via Canucks.com which adds:  “Criticizing Luongo has apparently become so popular that the man himself is taking shots at the man himself.”)

*photo is property of Ben Kuzma

Filed in: vancouver canucks, | Canucks and Beyond | Permalink
  Tags: roberto+luongo

Comments

Thought he’d never get rid of that fugly dirt-white one. This gets my stamp of approval.

Posted by Mr. Fnytelhatt on 10/20/11 at 06:36 PM ET

Nicholas Lorenzi's avatar

I hope he grows a mustache now.

Posted by Nicholas Lorenzi on 10/20/11 at 07:24 PM ET

awould's avatar

I assume he’s getting more than a free helmet to wear a REEBOK billboard on his head.

Posted by awould on 10/20/11 at 07:38 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

So…

Is it just me or does the positioning of the picture on his mask equate his face with a lumberjack’s crotch?

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 10/20/11 at 07:39 PM ET

Nicholas Lorenzi's avatar

Haha, shame on you for making me imagine that. I really can’t say what he’s going for with this helmet. I assume he designed it like most goaltenders tend to do.

Posted by Nicholas Lorenzi on 10/20/11 at 07:44 PM ET

Lumberjack? I thought it was the guy from the Pringles can.

Posted by Seaner on 10/20/11 at 11:09 PM ET

Pretty sure that is supposed to be Luigi, from mario bros

Posted by Hizobane on 10/21/11 at 05:03 AM ET

Nicholas Lorenzi's avatar

It’s a very unhappy Luigi if that’s the case. Possibly because he was left in his brother’s shadow. It still looks too Russian to be Luigi. He should’ve gotten Save By the Bell’s Slater on his mask. That would have made more sense.

Posted by Nicholas Lorenzi on 10/21/11 at 08:25 AM ET

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

About Canucks and Beyond

Alanah McGinley has been blogging hockey since 2003 (with a notable gap in time through 2010, kicking it with new baby Lucy while living knee-deep in chaos while reading "parenting for complete idiots" during every spare minute) sharing opinions, rants and not-so-deep thoughts with anyone who will listen.

In addition to writing Canucks & Beyond and helping manage Kukla's Korner, Alanah was one of the founders and co-hosts of The Crazy Canucks Podcast. She has contributed pieces to FoxSports.com and the New York Times Slapshot blog, as well as other stray destinations in cyberspace.

So that's me. Who the hell are you? smile

Email: am@kuklaskorner.com