Canucks and Beyond

Game 7: Bruins/Canucks—Open Post

image

Sometime tonight, a whole lot of people will be celebrating and a whole lot of others will be feeling pretty crappy. But what we can all agree on, I hope, is that it would be great to enjoy a fantastic hockey game before that final buzzer. A roller-coaster series like this one deserves to end with an epic game.

Whatever team you’re rooting for, enjoy the ride. (And… Go Canucks!)

P.S. I wrote a post before this series about all the reasons I’d celebrate winning a Stanley Cup. One of those reasons was in the memory of Luc Bourdon. So I’ll let Tom Cochrane end this post with his tribute to Bourdon nearly three years ago:

Filed in: playoff hockey, vancouver canucks, | Canucks and Beyond | Permalink
  Tags: boston+bruins, game+7, luc+bourdon, stanley+cup, vancouver+canucks

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >       Next »

GZ Expat's avatar

Brutal

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/16/11 at 12:19 AM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Also, you guys know this is a Canucks blog, right?

Truth be told, I forgot about it. My bad, didn’t mean to troll around.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 06/16/11 at 12:20 AM ET

Also, you guys know this is a Canucks blog, right?

It’s also an open post.

Posted by Garth on 06/16/11 at 12:23 AM ET

monkey's avatar

You’re right.  Open post means “Please leave tact, courtesy, and decency at the door, and feel free to brutalize us if things go badly.”

Posted by monkey from Finland on 06/16/11 at 12:25 AM ET

Gotcha.  Honesty is not welcome.

MAN, CANUCKS ARE KILLING IT TONIGHT WOOOOOOO, GO HOME BOSTON YOU SUCK!!!!

Better or worse?

Posted by Garth on 06/16/11 at 12:27 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Tim Thomas’ wife is HOT.

That is all

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 06/16/11 at 12:27 AM ET

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste. Marie on 06/15/11 at 10:27 PM ET

Truth.

Posted by Garth on 06/16/11 at 12:29 AM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

heheh Now they are start to use the rulebook ???

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 06/16/11 at 12:32 AM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

Posted by Garth on 06/15/11 at 10:27 PM ET

that’s just stupid.

But I do wonder at your motivation to seek out a Canucks blog and not a Bruins blog during the course of this game.  Clearly you like it…which is sad.

I do have pity on your soul

heh

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/16/11 at 12:33 AM ET

monkey's avatar

Come on Garth, you could not possibly be that obtuse.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 06/16/11 at 12:34 AM ET

Guilherme's avatar

To be fair², there’s no Bruin blog on KK.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 06/16/11 at 12:35 AM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

To be fair², there’s no Bruin blog on KK.

Errr…not sure if you have heard, but the internet is REALLY big.  There is this thing called Google and if you type in what you are looking for, you might find what you are seeking.

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/16/11 at 12:40 AM ET

monkey's avatar

Thomas has been ridiculous this whole series.  Good for him.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 06/16/11 at 12:40 AM ET

monkey's avatar

To be fair, we’d be chewing the back of our chairs with a 4-0 lead with 10 seconds to play.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 06/15/11 at 09:20 PM ET

Weirdo.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 06/16/11 at 12:41 AM ET

Guilherme's avatar

I’m not an idiot, don’t treat me like one or you look like one.

KK’s the best place there is, simple as that.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 06/16/11 at 12:42 AM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

I’m not an idiot,

Quote of the day…

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/16/11 at 12:43 AM ET

monkey's avatar

Well there goes my request for civility.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 06/16/11 at 12:45 AM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

I’m lining up for Bruins fans for the customary handshake…

Thomas was just sick in this series…

And, what a fantastic season by the Canucks.  Hell of a run.

Oh yeah…the Wings suck

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/16/11 at 12:45 AM ET

monkey's avatar

Anyway, my condolences to Canucks fans everywhere.  Congratulations to Boston.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 06/16/11 at 12:46 AM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Well there goes my request for civility.

I tried, monkey.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 06/16/11 at 12:46 AM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

Kesler is inconsolable

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/16/11 at 12:47 AM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Well, it happens. Hopefully the Bruins can mantain their thing and keep going strong, and everybody knows the Canucks will be fighting for silver again next season.

Now I’ll keep my lifelong tradition of turning off the TV before the Cup presentation.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 06/16/11 at 12:50 AM ET

Well, I like KK, I like all the blogs (except TPSH) and I saw “Game 7: Bruins/Canucks - Open Post” so I decided to post.

You don’t like what I/we are writing?  Why don’t YOU seek out another blog?

Posted by Garth on 06/16/11 at 12:50 AM ET

monkey's avatar

I tried, monkey.

I hear ya, man.

the Wings suck

Come back, Garth, it’s open season.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 06/16/11 at 12:51 AM ET

Kudos to the fans in the building for being so classy.

And more kudos for the wonderfully loud booing as soon as Bettman appeared.

That will seriously never get old.

Posted by Garth on 06/16/11 at 12:51 AM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

Enough of this idiocy, or I’m closing the comments.

Thank you very much for those of you who chipped in and chatted and added your thoughtful observations to the discussion.

And my congratulations to Boston fans. I hope you enjoy it… I know I would. smile

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/16/11 at 12:52 AM ET

the Wings suck

Come back, Garth, it’s open season.

Hah, touche. smile

Posted by Garth on 06/16/11 at 12:52 AM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

the love Gary bettman in Vancouver..

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 06/16/11 at 12:53 AM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Enough of this idiocy, I’m closing the comments.

Sorry, Alanah. I tried to be cool when reminded it’s a Canucks blog.

Congratuations on your run, it hurts now but you should (and I know you are) proud of your team.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 06/16/11 at 12:55 AM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Congrtas to   MARK RECCHI for a long and successful carer..

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 06/16/11 at 12:56 AM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

i need to change my nick.  MAN the alcohol isn’t making anything better.

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 06/16/11 at 12:58 AM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

There ya go…

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/16/11 at 01:00 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 06/15/11 at 09:20 PM ET

So…Herm wins.

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 06/16/11 at 01:01 AM ET

monkey's avatar

Cam Neely finally wins the Cup.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 06/16/11 at 01:02 AM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

Alright Vancouver…look, I am sad they lost the Cup too…but, please don’t burn down the city…its just not worth it.

Everyone…just go have a beer, go home and watch the DIY channel for a while…its therapeutic.

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/16/11 at 01:13 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

The city of Vancouver does not need this post-game crap currently going on.

Congrats to the Canucks for getting so close. I know it sucks now, I’ve been there. This experience will be worth its weight in gold (silver?) next year if the core group of players stays together.

Bruins, what can I say? You won four of the last five games. You had more heart and drive when it counted. Well done, and enjoy your parade, Boston.

Tim Thomas, from one Michigander to another: you rock! smile

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 06/16/11 at 01:53 AM ET

Kudos to the B’s…they played a helluva game tonight. Congrats as well to the ‘Nucks for a freakin fantastic season. It’s crazy….they’re basically the best team all season long, then lose on the very last night of the season. Van will be a contender for a while. Even though I’ve never thought Luongo to be an elite netminder, this loss wasn’t on him…his team really did just look out of gas. I’ve seen that before with the Wings. Great finals, though…bring on the 2011-12 season already.

TIMMAH!

Posted by godblender on 06/16/11 at 02:19 AM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/16/11 at 02:21 AM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

Seriously, its such an embarassment what is happening in dt right now.  GOD, have a little class.  When it comes down to it, boston just wanted a lot more then we did this game.  Anyone can argue that the refs rigged it, i call bs.  U still have to score at least 1 goal to win a game.  Can’t really blame luongo, but still it hurts so bad.

THESE IDIOTS IN DT just make it that much worse.  Bunch of poor sports make the majority of fans just look so bad.

IM so choked right now, i dont even know what to say anymore.

Makes me ashamed to be in vancouver, seeing this crap going on in dt.  CLASSY. *#$%@&

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 06/16/11 at 02:23 AM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

wow, my friend just told me he saw someone jumped off a building and commited suicide.  Seriously wtf, put some perspective in your lives.  GOD.  This is so retarded.

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 06/16/11 at 02:27 AM ET