Canucks and Beyond

Game 4 Canucks & Bruins—Open Post

Game on in Boston, 5pm PT.  (puckdrop 5:20ish)

Nothing much to say that hasn’t been already been said. Except: the Canucks had their a$$es handed to them in game 3, so it’d be nice if they got them back tonight.  Meanwhile, comments, criticisms, rants are welcome. (As long as people try not to be jerks about it?!)

From CanucksGame:

Just had a great chat with Scott, the huge armed policeman touring the press box. He’s got my back. Said there are snipers outside.

Good times.  If you’re looking for more chatter, CanucksGame is tweeting the action for the team, along with half a million other people.

Enjoy! smile

Filed in: playoff hockey, vancouver canucks, | Canucks and Beyond | Permalink

Comments

GZ Expat's avatar

Let’s do this…

Go Canucks!

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/08/11 at 09:16 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

Goooooo Canucks! (The more “o"s, the better the chances…) wink

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/08/11 at 09:26 PM ET

Good start, thus far

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/08/11 at 09:38 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

Yeah. But didn’t we say that in game 3?  I think I’m gunshy on early optimism.

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/08/11 at 09:39 PM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

and…as soon as I say that.

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/08/11 at 09:40 PM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

OK…the tackling and the holding is just driving me nuts.  Wasn’t it Lemieux that said something about the NHL being a garage league??

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/08/11 at 09:45 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

Canucks aren’t looking like themselves on the powerplay lately, hey? Not to state the obvious, or anything…

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/08/11 at 09:50 PM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

nervous period…they still don’t have IT yet…but, its only 1-0 after one.  Thomas is pissing me off

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/08/11 at 09:55 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

Definitely no IT. And Thomas is ridiculous, though we’re certainly making him look even better by aiming for the middle of his chest with every shot.

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/08/11 at 09:58 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

I think Edler is due for a goal???

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 06/08/11 at 10:28 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

I think Edler is due for a goal???

Oh no, not again…

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/08/11 at 10:31 PM ET

shazam88's avatar

I think Edler is due for a goal???

Oh no, not again…

Wow. Just wow. Can’t believe that happened…

Posted by shazam88 from SoCal on 06/08/11 at 10:34 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

I’m so sorry..!!! Believe Believe….it’s only 2 goal…

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 06/08/11 at 10:37 PM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

When the Canucks were playing at home and controlling play, even though it was very close, tight games…I still felt comfortable with the play.  This, though, is just the opposite…close game, but ughghg, the Bruins are controlling the play.

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/08/11 at 10:38 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

My god. It’s like having one’s stomach ripped out through your throat.  God, where’s the beer…

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/08/11 at 10:39 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

.it’s only 3 goal…Canucks need a Goalie.

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 06/08/11 at 10:39 PM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

OMG…I can’t believe this…

But then, I can…because I am a Canuck fan.

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/08/11 at 10:40 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

OMG…I can’t believe this…

But then, I can…because I am a Canuck fan.

God, ain’t that the truth. Man we do NOT look good in their building.  Thank god for home ice advantage over 7 games…

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/08/11 at 10:43 PM ET

AND…a Cubs fan…so I am used to this sh*t

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/08/11 at 10:44 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

I think Edler is due for a goal???

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 06/08/11 at 10:45 PM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

With Kesler injured, this team clearly has a broken heart.

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/08/11 at 10:48 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

I think it’s a shame that they have to play SCF on such bad Ice..We have better Ice here in Florida…I’m hockey fan and want to see good games but this is ridiculous.they can’t even make a simple pass without the puck bouncing all over.

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 06/08/11 at 11:03 PM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

Reminds me of the atrocious field conditions for the BCS Championship game…both teams never had a chance to uncork their speed offenses…

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/08/11 at 11:05 PM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

All or nothing, right now boyz.  Show some fight…make a game of it

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/08/11 at 11:12 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

Even though this game is beyond reach, I’ll be happy if we can see any signs of the old swagger.  And someone needs to seriously step up and do a Kesler imitation.

The Luongo stuff is one thing, but it’s not like the Canucks are scoring anything, either.  It’s a whole team effort of crap.

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/08/11 at 11:19 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Well, that moment happened. We all knew it would. Eventually.

What’s that moment?

The implosion of Luongo.

Against all odds, this is now the Bruin’s Cup to lose. Mentally, they have the Canucks down for the count.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 06/08/11 at 11:20 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Bye Bye Luongo..I think Edler is due for a Goal…

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 06/08/11 at 11:20 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

On the bright side, I did predict a 7 game series in my pre-series blather. Plus I said we’d see a couple blowouts too.

I was just hoping one of those blowouts was ours, rather than all theirs!

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/08/11 at 11:23 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

Well, that moment happened. We all knew it would. Eventually.
What’s that moment?
The implosion of Luongo.

Oh, ye of little faith. They said the same thing when Vancouver nearly tanked the first round.  I’m going to be optimistic about a Best-of-3 series. smile

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/08/11 at 11:24 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

SHOTS ON GOAL   VAN 28   Bost 24.. I just don’t think Vancouver are so bad I’ll give Tim Thomas some credit too.

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 06/08/11 at 11:29 PM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

My head hurts…the D has been brutal, absilutely leaving Luongo out to dry.  Over at NM, there are too many folk putting the blame on Luongo…I only think one of them was his problem…the rest, terrible work in front of him.

Canucks need to stop trying to pass the puck off Thomas…he’s not letting anything bounce off him…you have to go AROUND him.  sigh

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/08/11 at 11:39 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

So the Mega-Homers on CBC are complaining about Boston “dragging this series into the ditch”.

Really, guys? Ask yourselves when and why this series changed.

Peel the Maple Leaf from your eyes, and think about when and why.

It changed when a role player on Vancouver took out a key players for Boston with a cheap shot. That’s when the series changed, and that’s why your beloved Canucks are on the ropes.

Self-imposed, gentlemen. If this series is now “in the ditch”, you have only your beloved Cancuks to blame.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 06/09/11 at 12:00 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Canucks are getting their chances and need to capitalize.  No excuses.

Bruins, how did they get this far?  Been a while since I seen a greater assemblage of hygiene products and dried up cat crap of a team.  Yeah, I’m talking bout you Timmy.  What a tool.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 06/09/11 at 12:07 AM ET