Canucks and Beyond

From the Naked City…

The Canucks superstar is among nine male sports stars posing au naturel, including basketball player Blake Griffin, footballer Steven Jackson and UFC fighter Jon Jones. Kesler is the only NHL player to appear this year.
CTV British Columbia

image

The complete ESPN feature available here.

Filed in: vancouver canucks, | Canucks and Beyond | Permalink
  Tags: espn, ryan+kesler

Comments

Alanah,

Thank you so much for making my day…I am not a fan of Vancouver, but I don’t have many players in Detroit that could pull that off….

smile

Posted by Nathalie on 10/05/11 at 05:13 PM ET

Lyle Richardson's avatar

Why am I hearing Eric Cartman’s voice in my head bellowing “BEEFCAKE!”

Posted by Lyle Richardson on 10/05/11 at 05:43 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

Aside from the beefcake innuendo…. wink  I think that pic is kind of amazing, given how clearly it shows his conditioning.  It really proves how hard the guy must work to be as good as he is.  It’s crazy.

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 10/05/11 at 05:54 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

Posted by Nathalie on 10/05/11 at 03:13 PM ET

He’s from Livonia, so I have no guilt enjoying the view.

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 10/05/11 at 06:34 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

it’s uncalled for.. I’m calling shenanigans.. I sincerely hope they get a life-size poster made and frame it and put it in front.. nay.. in, the Canucks locker room..

If I was a coach, I’d just post that picture on the board in the locker before playing the nucks.. garaunteed win.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 10/05/11 at 06:34 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Hope Solo.

Who cares about this guy?

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 10/05/11 at 06:56 PM ET

God, I can only imagine what’s going on inside the Canucks’ own locker room now that this photograph has been released.  You know Kesler’s never going to hear the end of it.

Any updates on such razzing would of course be appreciated, Alanah!

Posted by nosferatu from Albany, NY on 10/05/11 at 07:48 PM ET

Sal's avatar

Seriously?  I can think of several Red Wings that could pull that off.  Too shy?  Maybe, but they would look equally excellent in that outfit.

Posted by Sal from the shadow of the Great Smoky Mountains on 10/05/11 at 08:28 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

that pic is puck bunny bait.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 10/06/11 at 01:17 AM ET

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

About Canucks and Beyond

Alanah McGinley has been blogging hockey since 2003 (with a notable gap in time through 2010, kicking it with new baby Lucy while living knee-deep in chaos while reading "parenting for complete idiots" during every spare minute) sharing opinions, rants and not-so-deep thoughts with anyone who will listen.

In addition to writing Canucks & Beyond and helping manage Kukla's Korner, Alanah was one of the founders and co-hosts of The Crazy Canucks Podcast. She has contributed pieces to FoxSports.com and the New York Times Slapshot blog, as well as other stray destinations in cyberspace.

So that's me. Who the hell are you? smile

Email: am@kuklaskorner.com