Canucks and Beyond

Canucks/Bruins Game 3—Open Post

imageCanucks at Bruins: 5pm PT. (Puckdrop @ 5:20)

Scratches: Hamhuis, Ballard, Samuelsson, Glass, Tanev, Bolduc, Hodgson. (via Wharnsby)

Pre-Game Stuff:

*Art is credit to the talented Toyebot

Filed in: playoff hockey, vancouver canucks, | Canucks and Beyond | Permalink
  Tags: boston+bruins, stanley+cup+finals, vancouver+canucks

Comments

Alanah McGinley's avatar

I was just watching CBC’s news right before the hockey programming began. They mentioned a few things that have been happening in Vancouver for tonight:

—they brought a huge big screen in from California for one of the main outdoor viewing spots
—there are three other public outdoor viewing areas set up downtown.
—traffic is shut off through major downtown areas till 5am tomorrow.
—and on top of all that, Roger’s Arena is sold out for tonight and Wednesday.

Pretty exciting in Vancouver these days. smile

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/06/11 at 09:20 PM ET

Go Canucks!

I’ve grown tired of the pro-Bruin broadcasts from NBC/VS and have delayed my TV to synch up with Shorthouse.  the only way to fly

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/06/11 at 09:20 PM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

Driving home from work tonight in Beaverton, Oregon, saw a guy with a Canucks flag on his car passing me…I BLARED the horn and gave him the thumbs up!

Canuck fans everywhere!

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/06/11 at 09:22 PM ET

Cool!

And good choice on Shorthouse. It sucks you can’t get the CBC feed in any way.

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/06/11 at 09:23 PM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

Oh man…that is friggin scary.  Rome hasn’t had the best of games…and this wasn’t too smart.  ugghhghg…I hope Horton is OK…brutal hit

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/06/11 at 09:25 PM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

Down one D-man…this isn’t a good start.

Watching a guy in HD with his eyes rolled up in the back of his head is not fun…

prayers he’s OK…

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/06/11 at 09:27 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

God, he practically landed on his head. So scary. Prayers for sure.

Good they took Rome out though. Otherwise things have a way of escalating, retribution, etc.

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/06/11 at 09:28 PM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

There is one thing about biting a finger in a scrum…but that hit by Rome was incredibly late and incredibly high.  Very, very, very stupid.

He won’t see the ice the rest of this series…the league will make sure of that.

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/06/11 at 09:30 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

Definitely. Rome is gone for a while, no doubt.

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/06/11 at 09:35 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

I think the hit was okay..mabye little late but it was NATHAN HORTON own fault..you had to know whats around you.

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 06/06/11 at 09:42 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

Video of the hit here if anyone is looking to re-live that nightmare.

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/06/11 at 09:43 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

I dunno, Gary. Definitely late and pretty high.  Not the dirtiest thing I ever saw, but not good. And yeah, Horton should’ve been more aware of what’s around him, but we can’t blame him for the result when the hit itself was illegal, wouldn’t you say?

All that being said, it looked like the biggest damage was his head’s impact to the ice. I hope he’s okay.

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/06/11 at 09:49 PM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

Good road first period…weathered a 5min PP with very few shots on goal…the scored blank at the end of the period.  I’d say its a success, thus far

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/06/11 at 09:58 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

It’s Horton’s fault for receiving a late hit?

What a disgusting attitude.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 06/06/11 at 10:01 PM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

JJ…I don’t think that is what Alanah said…read it again, mate.

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/06/11 at 10:03 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Ohh yes we all hope for a fast recovery and hope he will be back for next game.I doubt it though ?.The hit was late but not dirty. it was not a dirty hit as the say on versuck Tv. I don’t think he did target his head…yes I really hope Nathan is okay . An we all hope for a good game..LGRW

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 06/06/11 at 10:03 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

JJ ....It was me saying that I think Nathan should not pass the puck and continued skating in to the off zone while watching the ICE…You kind off asking for a kronwalled..I hope Nathan is okay…I don’t like to see players get injured.

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 06/06/11 at 10:08 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

JJ…I don’t think that is what Alanah said…read it again, mate.

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/06/11 at 09:03 PM ET

It wasn’t Alanah’s attitude I took issue with.

ANY late hit is a dirty hit.  He didn’t target the head, but he had no business laying that check in the first place.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 06/06/11 at 10:08 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

J.J. from Kansas—Honestly, that’s not at ALL what I was saying.  Of course he didn’t deserve that. My point was exactly the opposite of that, in fact… he may have been a bit a bit more unaware than he should have been, but that doesn’t mean he deserves to get nailed by a dangerous, illegal hit.

Gary Bettman Suck—Certainly would be great news for him to recover quickly, I think we can all agree on that.

God, I hate when stuff like this happens.  Takes away from the enjoyment I get from my team playing well.

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/06/11 at 10:10 PM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

Watching a WHL game this season and some kid got shellacked like Horton…lay motionless on the ice.  My wife cried…it is scary shit.

JJ…The hit was terribly late…and should have not happened…my guess is Rome is gone for the series…because, frankly, Horton laying on the ice with his eyes in the back of his head doesn’t bode well for a non-concussion situation…so he may be gone as well.

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/06/11 at 10:13 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

That’s awful. Was the WHL kid okay ultimately?

This game is shaping up to be a re-do of game 3 against the Sharks (well, if I’m remembering the right game).

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/06/11 at 10:24 PM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

Ultimately, yeah, he was OK.

Canucks are skating circles around these guys…but just cant get a break.

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/06/11 at 10:34 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

I smell a Canucks goal…I think Edler is due

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 06/06/11 at 10:36 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

“I smell a Canucks goal…I think Edler is due.”

That’s it. You’re banned!  You’re bad luck!! wink

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/06/11 at 10:38 PM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

oh boy…regroup boyz…lots of hockey left

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/06/11 at 10:40 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

I smell a Bruins goal MILAN LUCIC is due

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 06/06/11 at 10:41 PM ET

Ha!

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/06/11 at 10:42 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

I smell a goal..Zetterberg is due

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 06/06/11 at 10:44 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

I think Canucks will win 5-4

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 06/06/11 at 10:45 PM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

did somebody take errhoff from us?  Who is that man in the #5 sweater???

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/06/11 at 10:51 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

Maybe someone slipped them some tequila after the first…

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/06/11 at 11:01 PM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

Kesler is seriously laboring as well…that 3rd goal was telling…

It’s not that you lose…its HOW you lose.  And, this is brutal.

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/06/11 at 11:07 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

I think Edler is due for a goal

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 06/06/11 at 11:17 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

I just want to get out of this game without 1. any more Boston goals; 2. any injuries for anyone on the ice; and 3. no Canucks ejections or suspensions.

And if I hear the phrase “Old Time Bruin Hockey” one more freaking time, I’m going to punch someone.

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/06/11 at 11:36 PM ET

GZ Expat's avatar

I can’t take much more of this…

Posted by GZ Expat on 06/06/11 at 11:37 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Boston are doing whatever they want on the Ice..the reffs don’t care..It’s ridiculous to watch.

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 06/06/11 at 11:44 PM ET

Sal's avatar

I can’t remember a game I’ve enjoyed watching less.  I’m a Wing fan, but always continue to watch the playoffs if they’ve been eliminated, but this is just tedious.  The VS commentary is killing me, the Bruins are acting like 12 year olds and Luongo is back in last year’s playoff form.  I supposed we should be grateful this atrocity has been relegated to VS instead of primetime NBC so no casual bystanders have been harmed; just us die-hards who know where to find VS on our cable lineups.

Posted by Sal from the shadow of the Great Smoky Mountains on 06/07/11 at 12:05 AM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

It wasn’t a classic, that’s for sure. Well, except maybe for Bruins fans, and I could hardly blame them.

Doing a post-game here, probably add transcripts in a while. At least 600 people are about to ask Vigneault the same question…

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 06/07/11 at 12:19 AM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

i was in the fetal position for 40 mins.  Luongo got left out to dry.

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 06/07/11 at 12:55 AM ET