Movin’ On

I’ll do my best to keep this short and simple because by and large, it is.

On Tuesday evening, it was decided that I would not be continuing here at Kukla’s Korner for the 2011-12 season. This decision was mutual and the split, amicable, largely based on the simple fact that Paul and I just aren’t on the same page on some key issues. There are no hard feelings. It’s just time for me to head in a different direction.

[Initially, I had planned on making this announcement yesterday but felt it inappropriate to do so, in light of the terrible tragedy that befell Yaroslavl Lokomotiv of the KHL, which absolutely broke my heart, as it did so many others. My sincere condolences to all affected parties, of course.]

Though my stay here as a contributor at KK was brief at just over a year, it was extremely beneficial in many ways. Representing a site with such a strong reputation helped further solidify my name in the business, introduced me to several new contacts and paved the way for some exciting new opportunities down the road. Most of all, as a long-time reader of the site before working here, I was proud to be under the KK umbrella and I remain proud of the work done during my short tenure.

Perhaps things will change down the road. I wouldn’t hesitate to return under the right circumstances.

I’m not sure where I’ll be writing in the upcoming season and I cannot say, at this point, with any certainty that I will be at all. With training camp about a week away, options appear pretty limited but I’ll kick some tires and see what turns up. My worst case scenario here involves spending a lot more time at home with my wife and kids – and there’s nothing at all worst case about that. Again, we’ll see what happens.

I will definitely be turning more attention to The Bolts Beat radio show, coming to ESPN1040  here in Tampa on Monday nights later this month. For that, we remain very excited and do hope you will listen. Follow me (@JonJordan) on Twitter – and the show as well (@TheBoltsBeat) – for details on the inaugural broadcast. That would probably also be your best bet for keeping track of wherever I end up next too.

I’d like to thank Paul publicly for the opportunity to write here and wish him the best in the future. I’ll still be putzing around on the site, I’m sure. Also, best of luck to the many fine writers that remain – and to those that have recently come on board (including my buddy, Brian Metzer. Sorry to bail on you, bud. C’est la vie, no?)

Finally, a thank you to the readers for giving me a look here and there and to those that became listeners of The Bolts Beat in its old podcast format upon my arrival. All were welcoming from the get-go around here and you can’t ask for much more than that when you’re the new guy. Look me up in the future, won’t you?

Thanks again, everyone. I’ll see ya when I see ya.

JJ
jjordan79@tampabay.rr.com

Filed in: Tampa Bay Lightning, | Beasts of the Southeast | Permalink

Comments

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

[Sidney Crosby joke goes here]

Thanks for the work you’ve done bringing us all news of the Southeast for the last year.  Good luck to you in wherever you end up.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 09/08/11 at 04:16 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Very classy of you to postpone.  Some NHL organizations and players of said organizations could learn a thing or two from that.

Good luck w/future endeavors.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 09/08/11 at 04:22 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Thanks for all your insight, JJ, especially on Red Wings South.  smile  Best of luck, and do comment on random threads from time to time.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 09/08/11 at 04:28 PM ET

cs6687's avatar

Dude, STFU. Crosby not postponing yesterday’s press conference is a non-issue. Quit looking to blame the Penguins and Crosby for no good reason.

Posted by cs6687 on 09/08/11 at 04:38 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

Good luck with everything, Jon!

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 09/08/11 at 04:38 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Best of luck JJ.  I am sure you will find the type of position you are looking for.

When you least expect it, something good happens.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 09/08/11 at 04:43 PM ET

Leo_Racicot's avatar

All the best Jon.  Thanks for the fine coverage from TB over the past year.

Posted by Leo_Racicot on 09/08/11 at 04:48 PM ET

Nathan's avatar

Ah, I’ll miss your posts around here JJ. But best of luck no matter what you decide to do or what opportunities come up.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 09/08/11 at 04:51 PM ET

Paul and I just aren’t on the same page on some key issues.

Please elaborate, sounds interesting.

Good job here Jon, yours was the one team-centered-that-isn’t-the-team-I-root-for blog here I enjoyed reading, good luck.

Posted by NathanBC on 09/08/11 at 05:00 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

AH bummer…I’m sorry to read this JJ.  Thank you so much for all your great posts and best of luck to you.  I will miss reading you.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 09/08/11 at 05:14 PM ET

Lyle Richardson's avatar

All the best in your future endeavors.

Posted by Lyle Richardson on 09/08/11 at 05:33 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

I didn’t often comment on your blog, but I read it, and will miss it.  Good luck to you.

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 09/08/11 at 06:24 PM ET

Jon Jordan's avatar

Thank you, everyone.

You’re a great bunch.

Be easy.

JJ

Posted by Jon Jordan from Tampa, FL on 09/08/11 at 07:45 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Woooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 09/09/11 at 10:07 AM ET

JJ too bad you’re leaving, missed having an “Islander” persective in Tampa.

Posted by hockey1919 from mid-atlantic on 09/09/11 at 10:25 AM ET

YzermanZetterberg's avatar

Thanks for your excellent work and best wishes for future success. You will definitely be missed.

Posted by YzermanZetterberg on 09/09/11 at 11:59 AM ET

cs6687's avatar

Woooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A loser response from a loser.

Posted by cs6687 on 09/09/11 at 06:51 PM ET