Abel to Yzerman

You Don’t Have To Call Him Mister, Mr.  The Whole World Calls Him Hank.

Talent isn’t going to win this series, because talent alone gets its face plowed into the glass by a brain-dead Pronger disciple.  Talent gets bent over by a guy who used to have heart and guts but now gets slapped around by Mo Greene.  Talent alone doesn’t win jack squat in this league. Not anymore. Not when forces beyond talent’s control dictate so much.  Gary Bettman doesn’t appreciate talent unless he’s allowed to fawn over it.  Talent means exactly nothing unless it bows at the fuzzy slippered mid-afternoon feet of the shrew joke of a commissioner who runs this farce of a league.

Anger wins.  It won in ‘97 when the Wings reared up and slapped down a team of true cowards.  It won again in ‘98 when an *#$%@& ruined the life and career of Vladimir Konstantinov.  Anger won the day in ‘02 when it looked like Vancouver had gained an edge and then it boiled over in Game 7 of the ultimate Denver humiliation.  Pure anger drove this team to victory in 2008 when it was disgustingly clear that Gary Bettman’s true life work was handing Sid Rosby a Cup.

All it takes is a moment to get that anger back, you know.  Just one episode can bring it back in spades.  A gutless head shot can stir it.  A $2,500 fine can bring it to a simmer.  And the right word from the right coach can remind the right men that it has to be anger that brings them back to the frame of mind that wins Stanley Cups.

Uncle Mike Babcock has leveraged Shea Weber’s stupidity and Brendan Shanahan’s cowardice.  He’s capitalizing on it as we speak.  He’s reminding the Wings that had that been Rosby’s face plowed into that glass, a suspension would have been handed down before 40 hit the ice.  And I’m betting that nothing gets to the Wings like a reminder of their status as second-class citizens in Gary’s World.

So it will start with Babcock, because it must.  But if this thing gets turned around tonite, and it must, it will be because Hank Zetterberg is burning with hatred.  If the Wings are to win tonite and then again and twice more, Hank will be the one to lead and he’ll lead with the kind of anger that wins playoff series.

This series would have been won on talent alone five years ago, even three years ago.  The Wings skill would have been the difference.  Not anymore. Gary won’t allow it.  It has to be hate and pure, raw anger.

Hank Zetterberg takes this thing over tonite.  Watch.  And hell’s coming with him, motherfuchers.

It’s a Round 1, Game 2 Live Blog.

16 to 12.  12 in 12.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

And hell’s coming with him, motherfuchers.

I saw Bert equally mad.  Look the fuch out.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 04/13/12 at 07:36 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Fuch Babcock speeches, just let someone read A2Y in the locker room.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/13/12 at 07:42 PM ET

I just love reading your articles.Pure joy…and you sure know how to instill faith in those of us who lack it…May your words of truth and wisdom prevail

Posted by Nat from MTL on 04/13/12 at 07:43 PM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

Yeah, Buddy!

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 04/13/12 at 07:50 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

hell’s coming with him, motherfuchers.

If not, there’ll be hell to pay.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/13/12 at 07:51 PM ET

wolverine's avatar

I’m ready to run through a wall after reading this.  Let’s get at em.

Posted by wolverine on 04/13/12 at 07:53 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Gawd, how did I not read the title & skip right to the nuts n bolts…. David Allen Coe? Whoa.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/13/12 at 07:53 PM ET

cementslinger's avatar

Hell?  Hell is scared shitless of Henrik Zetterberg.  And those pus… kitty cats in bubbaville should be scared too.

Posted by cementslinger from Midland MI on 04/13/12 at 07:55 PM ET

God freaking damn it
I was pissed
In a fetal, submissal, post no suspension, oh-shit kind of pissed

And then I read your post, Chief
And now Im pissed… In a GAME ON, make them turtle, run over everything that stands, kind of pissed

Hank wont retaliate, it’s just not his style. Nor Fil or Huds. They will focus on the kind of anger that drives you to score, like the Chief said
But we got plenty of styles…
Mule, Cleary, Abs, even Dats can turn into something else, when he wants to
Ericsson… What a chance to become more loved then he ever wished for
And of course, Im not even mentioning our own private crazy ass killer
Its time to turn it up

HELL YEAH, Im ready for this game, let’s hope they hit the ice as ready as I am right now!

Posted by Zqto from Brazil on 04/13/12 at 08:02 PM ET

TeamDub's avatar

I feel so F’n alive.

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 04/13/12 at 08:05 PM ET

FranzensMouthguard's avatar

pre-emptive Brad Watson strike

Posted by FranzensMouthguard from Chicago, IL on 04/13/12 at 08:12 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Mister Mister??

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/13/12 at 08:16 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

So it will start with Babcock, because it must.

It’s a Round 1, Game 2 Live Blog.

16 to 12.  12 in 12.

Evenin’ Bitches. You speaketh the truth, Master Chief. I have been thinking aboot the ’02 Vancouver series since the cheap shot. The main thing being, it must start with Babcock.

I gotta think the Wings are as fired up as the rest of us. After all, their pride in what they do and who they are is on the line.

We get to sit back and watch them take over this joke of a league, and, once and for all, show the Commissioner who’s Boss.

Let’s Roll.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/13/12 at 08:17 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

Brad Watson is reffing this…...I…..FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I’m even angrier now, If the team is angry then the fans should be too. And I am. I hope that %#@$sucker, joke of a hockey player gets speared in the nuts by homer before bertuzzi goes feral.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 04/13/12 at 08:25 PM ET

Tony's avatar

There ya go Chief, your rants are just not the same without a Sid reference….. wink

[ BTW, fully concur with your collective rage, absolute horseshit decision on Weber… ]

Posted by Tony from Virginia Beach, VA on 04/13/12 at 08:36 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

So my son haD been a lifelong Brendan Shanahan fan.  This afternoon when I told him what has been going on, his response was “WHAT?! That’s some BULLshit.”

I love that kid.

So we decided to at least vent in our own way:

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/13/12 at 08:55 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OMFG Jeff.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/13/12 at 09:03 PM ET

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 04/13/12 at 06:55 PM ET

That was great!  Should send that to Shanahan’s email inbox in Noo Yawk.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 04/13/12 at 09:04 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

How the Blazing monkey farts did I ever make it 48 hours between Game 1 and Game 2 of the SCF after we lost Game 1?

I hate/love the playoffs, mostly hate.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/13/12 at 09:05 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

^^^^^^^^  2002

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/13/12 at 09:06 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

I hate/love the playoffs, mostly hate.

All hate. Only worth it if it lasts to June and ends on Woodward and Helm pours beer for his lady friends.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/13/12 at 09:08 PM ET

Posted by 42jeff

LOLOLOL

Thats priceless

Posted by Zqto from Brazil on 04/13/12 at 09:09 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

I hate this fuchin’ ass-clown act of a league with a burning passion that runs so hot it could fuse heavy nuclei, but apparently my loyalty to the Detroi Red Wings runs just a little bit deeper.  I’m in bitches.

It starts tonight, because, well, goddamnit, it just does.  Gotta make the commute home on this coast now and I might skip the LB in my usual playoff-induced attempt to shake the mojo into proper alignment.

LGRW!  Screw the NHL.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/13/12 at 09:11 PM ET

I live in Nashville and I’ve been pissed all day. It’s time to 2002 WCF game 7 these bitches. I want Mick to say the red light has been on so much the goalie has sunburn on his neck. Destroy them, remind them, we are Hockeytown.

Posted by selke13 on 04/13/12 at 09:12 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

You raised that boy right Jeff.  That’s some epic shit right there.

Evening bithches.  LGRW.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Where the GM likes his team. on 04/13/12 at 09:13 PM ET

Jeebus, man.  The more I watch that shit by Weber, the more I’m reminded of that craptacular piece-of-shit Fraud Lepuke.

What a useless pylon.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 04/13/12 at 09:13 PM ET

YYZerman's avatar

Here we go. Let’s Go Red Wings

Posted by YYZerman from Detroit, Michigan on 04/13/12 at 09:13 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

So I got an $8.50 bottle of “Military’s Finest” bourbon for tonight.  I’m sure there’s a reason a huge bottle of booze cost less than ten bucks…and I intend to get to the bottom of it.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/13/12 at 09:17 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Posted by 42jeff

I admire yur parenting skills.

Let’s do this.

Let’s GO Red Wings !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 04/13/12 at 09:27 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Evening bitches.  42Jeff, that’s frigging brilliant.  You should run out and buy that boy a Faygo.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/13/12 at 09:28 PM ET

detroitredwings's avatar

guys, my Directv blocks FSD in favor of Gary;s NBC. Anybody have a link to FSD feed online, please?

Posted by detroitredwings on 04/13/12 at 09:30 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 04/13/12 at 07:17 PM ET

I see what you did there…

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/13/12 at 09:30 PM ET

slimelord's avatar

LET’S DO THIS.

Posted by slimelord on 04/13/12 at 09:30 PM ET

Gabriel's avatar

Evening, bitches.

Posted by Gabriel from San Diego, CA on 04/13/12 at 09:30 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 04/13/12 at 06:55 PM ET

Good times. A true19 Father and Son moment.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/13/12 at 09:32 PM ET

sjketcheson's avatar

Game ON - LGRW

Posted by sjketcheson from Ottawa on 04/13/12 at 09:32 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

oh boy BriUnn EggBloom.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 04/13/12 at 09:33 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

I’m in. If Wed was the best the Preds got, this is gonna be shorter than everyone predicted. 2 fluke goals and the officiating gifts that wont happen again after the scrutiny. Wings got this.

Also, 42jeff, that’s friggin amazing.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 04/13/12 at 09:33 PM ET

dougie's avatar

I want to see Weber BLEED.

Posted by dougie on 04/13/12 at 09:34 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

I’m drunk bitches…. er I mean evenin. Let’s steamroll these assclowns.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 04/13/12 at 09:34 PM ET