Abel to Yzerman

While we’re kicking tires? Let’s kick the dive while they’re down

I've been forwarded to Rhode Island for the next two weeks.  That means I'll be a little scarce.  I'll be checking in from time to time to read HockeyinDB's daily life lessons, but thumbing the phone gets old.

If our man on the scene, Tick Tock, goes all nutso and actually trades someone for someone else? I'll probably write about it or something.   If no deals, I'll be "studying".

The worst team in hockey is visiting the Joe and this is a live blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »

monkey's avatar

Trading Flip to Dallas for a first rounder (perhaps more depending on how DAL finishes) would work. They have 4 games against the ducks and hawks and another three agains the kings and nucks. No way they make the playoffs. Draft lottery here we come. Pick a bubble team who thinks they’re going to make the playoffs, but you think will miss. Make the deal. Cpondition the pick; team makes playoffs, they kick in a second rounder too, or something to that affect.

This kind of thinking I am on board with.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/01/13 at 07:23 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Kicking something in some style would be good.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 04/01/13 at 07:23 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Kicking something in some style would be good.

What if Jakub Kindl kicks his own ass?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/01/13 at 07:24 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

I’m hitting the tequila.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/01/13 at 07:25 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

What if Jakub Kindl kicks his own ass?

Posted by monkey from Fear and Loathing on 04/01/13 at 07:24 PM ET

I think it’s more likely Cocoa does that than Kindl…

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 04/01/13 at 07:25 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I think it’s more likely Cocoa does that than Kindl…

Coco puffs might break his own ass.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/01/13 at 07:26 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

What’s the over/under on how long before Cola leaves the ice again and Tic Tock looking like a furling idiot for Send Slasher back down?

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/01/13 at 07:27 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Coco puffs might break his own ass.

Posted by monkey from Fear and Loathing on 04/01/13 at 07:26 PM ET

If he survives this game, I’ll consider that a winning “deadline deal.”

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 04/01/13 at 07:28 PM ET

Kicking tires…

...lighting fires.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/01/13 at 07:28 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/01/13 at 07:28 PM ET

monkey's avatar

You mean Lashoff?  That was just a temporary roster limit move.  Why they just didn’t leave Coco puffs on IR, that I can’t say.  Maybe it’s against the rules once he’s medically cleared.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/01/13 at 07:30 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Hey NBC, newsflash: THE RIVALRY IS OVER.

*#$%@&’S SAKE.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 04/01/13 at 07:30 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Or kick whores tire style.
Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/01/13 at 07:22 PM ET

I’m tired of getting kicked whore style

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/01/13 at 07:30 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

I know it was temp. But still.. I just don’t understand. As my dad would say. Don’t try to understand the wings Brass. It will never work.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/01/13 at 07:32 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Wow, FSD had no alternate plans for the Wings game if Tigers game went long, and it is. Top of the 9th just starting, Tigers up 4-2. Pistons on FSD+.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/01/13 at 07:32 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Hey NBC, newsflash: THE RIVALRY IS OVER.

*#$%@&’S SAKE.

Tonight we’re gonna hockey like it’s 1999.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/01/13 at 07:32 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Paul. It’s on NBC Sports Network.. So most are stuck with that. I can’t find a Det Feed anywhere.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/01/13 at 07:33 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I know.  I know.  It makes sense to them.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/01/13 at 07:33 PM ET

TeamDub's avatar

Murph probably woulda caught that.

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 04/01/13 at 07:33 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Okay, so tonight on the NBC Crosby Network: Eddie Holefvck and Pee-air slobber the knobs of Colorado’s “young core.”

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 04/01/13 at 07:33 PM ET

detroitredwings's avatar

these idiot broadcasters again! not even funny…

Posted by detroitredwings on 04/01/13 at 07:34 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Its OK Paul, the Wings dont know how to start on time anyway.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/01/13 at 07:34 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/01/13 at 07:33 PM ET

Blacked out here in Detroit area.  The reason you probably cant’ find a Detroit feed is the Tigers game is still going on, switching to Wings when over.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/01/13 at 07:35 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Maybe when Tick Tock Finally retires or whatever happens with him we will finally have someone that has the balls to make a trade. I know that loyalty is important.. But settling for average just isn’t kosher. Period.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/01/13 at 07:35 PM ET

monkey's avatar

these idiot broadcasters again! not even funny…

Plus next Sunday is another matinee.  The hits just keep on coming.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/01/13 at 07:35 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Picking hot hand on the radio broadcast.  I’m going abdelkader.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/01/13 at 07:35 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Paul, I live in North Carolina.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/01/13 at 07:35 PM ET

Its OK Paul, the Wings dont know how to start on time anyway.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Looking for a “D” man on 04/01/13 at 07:34 PM ET

I just spat out my snot.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/01/13 at 07:35 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Speaking of, when does Jim Nill get his turn?  Is it on a schedule?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/01/13 at 07:36 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Paul, I live in North Carolina.

What he’s saying is there is no Detroit feed until the Tigers game is over.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/01/13 at 07:37 PM ET

I’m on an NBC feed.  Douche just grabbed Miller’s ass.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/01/13 at 07:37 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Monkey - Do you think that Nill would have the balls?

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/01/13 at 07:38 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Speaking of, when does Jim Nill get his turn?  Is it on a schedule?

Geebuz, Monkey.  you know they’ve gotta kick those tires first.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/01/13 at 07:38 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Wow, Drew Miller (!) is the Red Wings player to be interviewed pre game by Pierre?

How times have changed.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/01/13 at 07:38 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Paul, I live in North Carolina.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/01/13 at 07:35 PM ET

I understand you are out of market, but the reason there is not a Detroit feed is the Tigers game is going long. FSD has yet to start the broadcast of the Wings game so there is no feed yet.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/01/13 at 07:38 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

I see Karen singing.. mmmmmm Karen.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/01/13 at 07:38 PM ET

I see Karen singing.. mmmmmm Karen.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/01/13 at 07:38 PM ET

She sings?

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/01/13 at 07:39 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

pregame song being sung

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 04/01/13 at 07:39 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Much better than that tiny pink headed girl they had at the beginning of the season.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/01/13 at 07:40 PM ET