Abel to Yzerman

Videos- The Wings Are 1-0 In Th Preseason

from Ansar Khan of Mlive,

Michael Rasmussen scored a power-play goal with 4:37 remaining in the third period Tuesday to lift the Detroit Red Wings past the Chicago Blackhawks 5-3 in their preseason opener at Little Caesars Arena.

Rasmussen, the 6-6, 221-pound forward the Red Wings selected ninth overall in the 2017 draft, is competing for a roster spot after appearing in 62 games with the Red Wings last season as a rookie. He wasn’t able to play in the AHL in 2018-19 (except for a brief conditioning stint) because he still had junior eligibility.

continued and a few hoghlights below...

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

You Got…Hit-ketts?

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 09/17/19 at 10:56 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

You Got…Hit-ketts?

Posted by SYF

At the time, I thought, geez, that guy just got Hicketts-ed. But I don’t think either of our nicknames will stick, SYF.

Whatever you want to call it, though, I absolutely love Lil’ Joe. I’d take him over E-52 right now because he at least clears the front of the crease. Unfortuntely, with Hronek, Cholo, McIssac, Lindstrom, and others in the pipeline, I don’t think he’ll ever get a real shot in Detroit. And that’s just a damn shame.

As for Rasmussen, the kid still hasn’t discovered the meaning of the word tenacity. He’s still tryng to get by on his size alone. Maybe a few months in GR watching how someone like Lil’ Joe plays will help him. But I’m not holding my breath waiting for it to happen.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 09/17/19 at 11:32 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Unfortuntely, with Hronek, Cholo, McIssac, Lindstrom, and others in the pipeline…

Wow, I forgot about Seider and Kaski. Throw in DeKeyser and Bowey, and I think the best Lil’ Joe can hope for is a trade.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 09/17/19 at 11:36 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 09/17/19 at 11:36 PM ET

I don’t know that there’s another NHL team with room for him either uness he’s happy just being a spare 7th.  He’s just not quite there still.

It’s too bad.  I like the guy, but his skillset isn’t quite where it needs to be to force his way onto an NHL roster.  And if that’s the case, that’s fine for DET still too, because he was “free”.

Posted by Primis on 09/18/19 at 08:04 AM ET