Abel to Yzerman

Videos- After Today’s Morning Skate Before Facing The Carolina Hurricanes Tonight

Marc Staal, then Jeff Blashill below.

Jeff Blashill

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

Any line up info for tonight’s game yet Paul?

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 01/16/21 at 12:42 PM ET

Paul's avatar

The only thing I have heard dd is Ryan in Brohme’ spot who will replace Frans on the 4th line.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/16/21 at 12:43 PM ET

Paul's avatar

I am not going to call this a dilemma on my end, but I am sort of stuck on what to post or not.

The beat writers are basically writing off of the interviews the Wings provide on a daily basis.

What I am going to post here is Ted Kulfan of the Detroit News basically writing what we heard Blashill say hours ago.

I have no problem doing so just want to get a feel of what you prefer, the video, the written word or both.

Of course if an opinion piece appears I will post that but those have been far and few between.

A day after Bobby Ryan returned to practice, the Red Wings welcomed back another teammate.

Darren Helm, who hasn’t been around due to NHL COVID protocols, took part in Saturday’s morning skate.

Helm took part in one practice on Jan. 1 and hasn’t been on the ice since.

Now, it’ll take some time for the veteran forward to catch up to speed.

“You miss that much time, 14 days of not exercising basically, it’s going to take a little bit,” said coach Jeff Blashill after the morning skate. “I can’t put an exact timeline on it but you’d certainly need a number of great skates and practices.”

continued

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/16/21 at 02:56 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Another example from Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press,

Less than a week into the 2021 season, the NHL already has had to reschedule multiple games because of COVID-19. The Detroit Red Wings have seen a couple of their games change, and have players on the league’s pandemic protocol list.

One of the ways the league hopes to facilitate teams being able to complete their seasons is via the use of taxi squads. Those players stand out during Wings’ practices, dressed in grey sweaters in contrast to the red and white sweaters worn by the NHL group. The grey group numbers defensemen Dennis Cholowski and Gustav Lindstrom, forwards Michael Rasmussen and Givani Smith, and goaltenders Kevin Boyle and Calvin Pickard.

The group is likely to change provided the AHL is able to start as scheduled Feb. 5. General manager Steve Yzerman and coach Jeff Blashill both have stated it’s more important for the prospects to play games than practice. But for now, Cholowski, Lindstrom, Rasmussen and Smith have the opportunity to see firsthand what it takes to make it at the NHL level.

“If they are good at self evaluating, they can look at it and figure out what they need to get better at,” Blashill said Saturday.

continued

St. James dressed it up a bit but basically using Blashill’s words today.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/16/21 at 03:21 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I prefer the written word but that’s just me. Whatever is less work for you Paul. I’ll adapt.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Covidquake, "Stay the F away from me" on 01/16/21 at 05:10 PM ET

Paul's avatar

I would assume most do cal…  It certainly quicker than having to watch a 10 minute video.

I will continue to do both but understand if the beat writers are writing about the same topic, i’ll probably use only one, no need to repeat what was already written.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/16/21 at 05:15 PM ET

The Meal's avatar

I also prefer the write-ups to the videos, if you get to the point where you’ll just post one or the other.  I’m okay with seeing both.

Posted by The Meal from Firestone, CO on 01/16/21 at 05:22 PM ET

Paul's avatar

I will keep doing both, the videos arrive at least 2 hours before print and some want their news asap.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/16/21 at 05:26 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

I prefer reading the write ups also. I don’t know why for sure, but I just do. LOL

Posted by bigfrog on 01/16/21 at 06:46 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

I prefer right ups. I like videos for watching replays and that’s about it.

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 01/16/21 at 10:27 PM ET

I prefer right ups. I like videos for watching replays and that’s about it.

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 01/16/21 at 10:27 PM ET

+19 here, Boss.  That kind of posting kind of burned out Malik when he was here.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 01/17/21 at 12:07 AM ET