Abel to Yzerman

Video- The Wings Score, The LCA Goes Dark

Not sure if this is new, but I believe it is.  When the Wings scored last night, the rink lights went out at the LCA except for a spotlight on the goal scorer along with some flashing lights.

My idea is just the opposite.  Keep the lights off during play, then turn them on when the Wings score.  Imagine the saved energy!

Please LCA, don't do this again.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

mattimeo's avatar

You could see them all fine. It’s different, but I don’t have a problem with it.

Posted by mattimeo on 12/08/19 at 11:39 AM ET

Chris in Hockey Hell's avatar

I can’t believe that they still have that stupid goal horn recording.

Posted by Chris in Hockey Hell from Ann Arbor, MI but LIVING in Columbia, TN on 12/08/19 at 12:29 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

It’s been dark for a few seasons now….. hmmm

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 12/08/19 at 01:18 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Yeah I wondered if they were trying to emulate Cal-gary with the spotlight on the goal/goalie where they scored.  Lots of immediate on/off LEDs in the place.  Just as soon not do it, or copy other arenas where the PA goes “Woooooo!” After announcing the goal, so redneck ECHL.

Posted by RWBill on 12/08/19 at 04:21 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

I guess I’m just that old cranky guy, but the “in arena presentation” (music, announcer, ...etc.) is awful.

And can we put a stop to the newly added “WOOO!!” after a goal.

The league must be enforcing this on all teams, as I hear the same insipid music and audio all around the league (clap your hands, Caylipso Da-oo..etc).

All Organ music All the Time ...thank you

Posted by Down River Dan on 12/08/19 at 06:15 PM ET

Primis's avatar

On the bright side, it’s not like you’ll have to see or hear it much this season I guess…  once a home game, if we’re lucky.

Posted by Primis on 12/09/19 at 09:04 AM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Some of the NFL arenas (like green Bay) are doing this, when there is a touchdown they turn off some lights and shoot off fireworks.

Not my cup of tea but whatever.

Posted by TreKronor on 12/09/19 at 09:59 AM ET