Abel to Yzerman

Video- The Talk After Practice

Adam Erne up first and I will add to this post when other videos become available.  added 3:14pm, Below find Moritz Seider and Alex Nedeljkovic.  added 3:17pm, Jeff Blashill is below now too.

Mortiz Seider

Alex Nedeljkovic

Jeff Blashill

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

Paul's avatar

Bob Duff of Detroit Hockey Now,

“I’m super happy right now,” Seider said. “It was a big wait to get here. I’m really proud of myself, making my way up here and now I’m here and I’m really looking forward to it.”

As for all the social media buzz about Seider, touting him as the German Lidstrom, insisting that there will be nothing but blue skies in the Red Wings’ future from the moment he plays his first shift, well, hate to break it to you but your crush – yeah, he hasn’t really noticed you.

Social Media Savior

“It’s definitely not getting in my head,” Seider said of the social media frenzy surrounding him. “I just want to be around the guys. I want to come to the rink and work hard and so far I’m enjoying that.

“It’s obviously cool that the fans are really excited. All in all, I think I’m even more excited.”

There probably hasn’t been this much hype about the arrival of a Red Wings prospect since Henrik Zetterberg showed up for the NHL rookie tournament in 2002. And that one turned out okay.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 09/24/21 at 04:33 PM ET

Paul's avatar

from Ted Kulfan of the Detroit News,

For Nedeljkovic, the bottom line remains the same.

“Stop pucks,” Nedljkovic said during a Zoom interview Friday at Centre ICE Arena. “There really isn’t that much that changes, just in a different division and different team, learning a new system and getting familiar with the guys.

“But eventually that changes and becomes second nature.”

There remains surprise around the NHL that the Wings were able to acquire Nedeljkovic, 25, from Carolina for the rights to goaltender Jonathan Bernier (who eventually signed with New Jersey) and a third-round pick in July’s Entry Draft….

It seemed like Carolina had found its starting goaltender. But Nedeljkovic was a restricted free agent with arbitration rights, and Carolina decided to avert any risk of a salary it didn’t want.

Now they have a goaltender who could hold the net for a long time.

“It’s a great opportunity,” Nedeljkovic said of his joining the Wings. “When the trade happened you kind of see the writing on the wall and this was an opportunity for me to come in and hopefully play a lot of games, or potentially split 50-50 with Greisser (Thomas Greiss).”

more plus other topics, basically covering the videos above…

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 09/24/21 at 05:43 PM ET

I am a little concerned expectations for Seider are too high at this moment. Almost seems like some fans expect him to contend for a Norris.

Posted by VPalmer on 09/24/21 at 06:09 PM ET

Paul's avatar

No that’s next year VP, the Calder this year!  I am with you, give him 20 regular season games first.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 09/24/21 at 06:11 PM ET

Yes, I am sure Seider will be fine, but just being fine could be a major disappointment among fans and the media. I also don’t like all this German Lidstrom stuff. Any time we start comparing players to Lidstrom, Dats, Zet before they play first NHL game, it’s not fair to the rookies.

Posted by VPalmer on 09/24/21 at 06:18 PM ET

Steeb's avatar

Posted by VPalme

Preach! I also hated when one of the questioners (Regnar?) asked about Ned wearing Hasek’s number, as if they were big shoes to fill. <cringe>

Posted by Steeb on 09/25/21 at 12:12 AM ET

Art is a bumbling idiot on most of his interviews and questioning.  He can as a question that is six minutes long with five minutes of leading into it.  Some players forget what he even started with when trying to answer.

Posted by SevensForTed on 09/25/21 at 09:06 AM ET

Imo he’s in a different situation than most prospects.  He’s been playing against men for 3 years and did good in the A as a 18 year old and won best D in the SHL as a 19 year old.  I’m not saying he’s a lock or that he HAS to excel, but I’m excited that he’s got the capability potentially to come in and make an impact.  It will still take some years to refine his game, some playoff experience and some disappointment t along the way.  But compared to just about every d prospect besides honey has been wildly disappointing given the hype, but their development told us to get ready because disappointment was coming.  Seider has had a way different trajectory.

Posted by ThatGuy on 09/25/21 at 10:51 AM ET

Hronek not honey.  AC is at war with me, sorry.

Posted by ThatGuy on 09/25/21 at 10:52 AM ET

“German Lidstrom.”  This bullshit has got to stop and every other hockey media talking head needs to shut their spigots.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 09/25/21 at 02:28 PM ET