Abel to Yzerman

Underdogs? More Like Maidens With Wrought Iron Souls

Oh yes.  Yes, I did.  For the first time ever, since this blog was created back in 1978, we've welcomed Jim Morrison to a Live Blog.

Actually, that's a lie because we talked about our Killer on the Road.  And if that big bastard comes back during this playoff run, we might trot it out again.

But for now, we're together on a thin raft, floating down a beery river toward a land where hockey doesn't belong and where the Pharoa died.

We need at least one in ridiculous Anaheim.  Game 1 would be preferable, but we'll take 2 if its offered.  Give us both and it will be on whore-style.

So here we go, into the breach once more.  We'll do nothing to influence a damn thing but what's done will influence us all to an extent that it's indecipherable to anyone but us and the pets we sacrifice.  Kiss your spouses on their lips.  Kiss your bosses on their asses.  Protect your children.  Warn your neighbors and ask baby Jesus to forgive us for the deals we make when we promise we'll exchange anything for just...one...goal.

It's a Live Blog, you bitches.  It's on.  Again.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›      Next »

monkey's avatar

I’m not so sure this “ignore member” feature is a good idea.  When I take a shit, I flush it.  I don’t leave it on the floor and pretend it’s not there.  If you take a shit on the floor, ignore it, then bring guests over, they’re not going to ignore it.  It’s a big pile of shit on your floor.  It looks like shit.  It smells like shit.  It is shit.

New and potentially new members of the 19 will not be aware of the “ignore member” feature.  They’ll see the shit and think “this place is a sewer”.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/30/13 at 09:32 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

We shall go on to the end….we shall fight on the seas and oceans….we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air….we shall defend our island whatever the costs may be…we shall fight on the beaches and on the landing grounds…we shall fight on the fields and in the streets… we shall fight in the hills…. WE SHALL NEVER SURRENDER.
Loosely paraphrased… but yes sir it fits.
LGRW.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/30/13 at 09:32 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Evening bitches!

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/30/13 at 09:33 PM ET

sjketcheson's avatar

L.G.R.W. I’ll be reading, but probably not posting. Cheers all

Posted by sjketcheson from the floor of the Hasek on 04/30/13 at 09:33 PM ET

sjketcheson's avatar

It’s been so long since I posted anything I forgot what my avatar was! Here’s hoping for some more Kronwalling.

Posted by sjketcheson from the floor of the Hasek on 04/30/13 at 09:34 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Geebuz, helm almighty, isn’t it game time yet?

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/30/13 at 09:36 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

U were born in a sewer metaphor man.

Posted by DAN M on 04/30/13 at 09:37 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

It’s a Live Blog, you bitches.  It’s on.  Again.

Riding dirty into the Honda Ponda…...the DuhUcks are already quacking gibberish.

Let’s Go Red Wings !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 04/30/13 at 09:38 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by monkey from Fear and Loathing on 04/30/13 at 09:32 PM ET

That… was beautiful.  That’s precisely why I don’t block other members.  Someone around here has to sweep the shit under the rug.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/30/13 at 09:38 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

You have chosen to ignore comments from this member.

All hail the emperor!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 04/30/13 at 09:40 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

and now I remember why I blocked him

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/30/13 at 09:40 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

I’ve got a growler full of Southern Tier 2XSteam and a bottle of Seagrams 7.  Ready to get weird.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/30/13 at 09:41 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Who’s blocking who anyway?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/30/13 at 09:42 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

Why cuz u don’t like when someone insults u back and insults your besties. Pray tell why

Posted by DAN M on 04/30/13 at 09:42 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/30/13 at 09:38 PM ET

bezukov- once again we find ourselves in agreement.  I feel like I owe you at least one drink.  Probably several.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/30/13 at 09:42 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Someone around here has to sweep the shit under the rug.

I thought that was why the Master Chief made the big $$?

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 04/30/13 at 09:43 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Trying to get a friend to join. SHe’s like, my cam is broken. I’m like.. Whoa.. not that kind of blog. Rofl. I wonder what the hell she goes to.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 08:33 PM ET

Dude. Ask. Follow her. Make with pictures. That…stuff.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 04/30/13 at 09:43 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

he even knows he’s the one I blocked LOL

at least he has the self-realization that he’s an ass.

step 1 is recognizing the problem.

step 2 is washing it off

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/30/13 at 09:44 PM ET

Thanks for Accepting!! GO WINGS!!! smile

Posted by Sketchy_princess on 04/30/13 at 09:44 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Someone around here has to sweep the shit under the rug.

This I have to disagree with.  Under the rug is the same thing as ignoring.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/30/13 at 09:44 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 08:33 PM ET

Dude. Ask. Follow her. Make with pictures. That…stuff.

screw that.  ask and post the URL!

you guys ever see this one?  I’m ascared!

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/30/13 at 09:45 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

or the original…

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/30/13 at 09:45 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Thanks for Accepting!! GO WINGS!!!

Ahh- someone with a good attitude who apparently wants to be here and wants to get along.  Welcome.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/30/13 at 09:45 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by monkey from Fear and Loathing on 04/30/13 at 09:42 PM ET

As the Virgin Mary once said, “Great minds thinks a like mother fucher.”

Make it a high ball.  I’d raise a glass with you any time sir.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/30/13 at 09:45 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

Well HOMER when u post it directly after MY post that has NOTHING to do with YOU at all….then u kinda figure

Posted by DAN M on 04/30/13 at 09:45 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I use the block feature.  I don’t have time to wade through the shit on the floor.  Can’t stand the smell.

Strangely, I find myself rooting for the Ingalls Sisters tonight…

Hoping that game has a relatively penalty-free third so we don’t miss too much of THE game.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/30/13 at 09:46 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Hey Dannie boy - Take off you hoser.

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 04/30/13 at 09:46 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

I thought that was why the Master Chief made the big $$?

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, DuhUck hunting….whore style on 04/30/13 at 09:43 PM ET

He spends it all on PBR.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/30/13 at 09:46 PM ET

Primis's avatar

you guys ever see this one?  I’m ascared!

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/30/13 at 09:45 PM ET

This is A2Y.  This is probably GoatseRolling isn’t it?

Posted by Primis on 04/30/13 at 09:46 PM ET

Why thank you Monkey.

Posted by Sketchy_princess on 04/30/13 at 09:47 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Thanks for Accepting!! GO WINGS!!!

So, about that webcam.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 04/30/13 at 09:47 PM ET

monkey's avatar

He spends it all on PBR.

And cheddar.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/30/13 at 09:47 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Mayberry and Goober praising the “skill set” of the Squawks.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/30/13 at 09:47 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by DAN M on 04/30/13 at 09:45 PM ET

Oh is this the dung gnat everyone is upset about?  I remember when this blog had trolls that were actually annoying.

I know the standards around here are dropping all the time… but what hell has happened to this place?  Even the trolls are third rate.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/30/13 at 09:49 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Thanks for Accepting!! GO WINGS!!!

Posted by Sketchy_princess on 04/30/13 at 09:44 PM ET

Welcome!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/30/13 at 09:49 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Sometimes I wonder if the Chief has us all blocked.  wink

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 04/30/13 at 09:49 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Why thank you Monkey.

Posted by Sketchy_princess on 04/30/13 at 09:47 PM ET

Welcome aboard the stress train SP!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/30/13 at 09:49 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Why thank you Monkey.

You’re welcome.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/30/13 at 09:50 PM ET

i blame Rorschach for this. lol.

Posted by Sketchy_princess on 04/30/13 at 09:50 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

You have chosen to ignore comments from this member.

ok that’s better.  trolls I can handle.  whatever this idiot is, I don’t think there’s a word for it yet.  calling him a troll gives trolls a bad name.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/30/13 at 09:50 PM ET