Abel to Yzerman

Underdogs? More Like Maidens With Wrought Iron Souls

Oh yes.  Yes, I did.  For the first time ever, since this blog was created back in 1978, we've welcomed Jim Morrison to a Live Blog.

Actually, that's a lie because we talked about our Killer on the Road.  And if that big bastard comes back during this playoff run, we might trot it out again.

But for now, we're together on a thin raft, floating down a beery river toward a land where hockey doesn't belong and where the Pharoa died.

We need at least one in ridiculous Anaheim.  Game 1 would be preferable, but we'll take 2 if its offered.  Give us both and it will be on whore-style.

So here we go, into the breach once more.  We'll do nothing to influence a damn thing but what's done will influence us all to an extent that it's indecipherable to anyone but us and the pets we sacrifice.  Kiss your spouses on their lips.  Kiss your bosses on their asses.  Protect your children.  Warn your neighbors and ask baby Jesus to forgive us for the deals we make when we promise we'll exchange anything for just...one...goal.

It's a Live Blog, you bitches.  It's on.  Again.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

holy shit those DO actually bring up this blog

LMFAO

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/30/13 at 08:27 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

What’s your gamer tag tony perkis. I send you request. We play when u can

Posted by DAN M on 04/30/13 at 08:27 PM ET

monkey's avatar

holy shit those DO actually bring up this blog

LMFAO

I don’t make this stuff up.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/30/13 at 08:27 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

that was “quick”

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/30/13 at 08:32 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Tony Perkis, can you do me a favor and check your email address.  Notifications of comments are getting kicked back to me, saying your email doesn’t exist.

Usually not a problem but in a live blog, they build up.  Thanks.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/30/13 at 08:32 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Trying to get a friend to join. SHe’s like, my cam is broken. I’m like.. Whoa.. not that kind of blog. Rofl. I wonder what the hell she goes to.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 08:33 PM ET

gusoline's avatar

What I find even more strange is that a search for Juvenilicious only brings up this blog for the top 3…

Posted by gusoline on 04/30/13 at 08:33 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Fun fact(s): Ken Jeong (the crazy Asian guy from “The Hangover” movies and the commercial that was just on) was born in Detroit, MI, and grew up here in North Carolina.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 04/30/13 at 08:34 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Oh snap, Red. That dude is funny as fuch!

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 08:35 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from aboard the Crazy Train on 04/30/13 at 08:34 PM ET

his accent gives it away

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/30/13 at 08:36 PM ET

Tony Perkis's avatar

SPL1PH7

I currently don’t have the means or time to go to MI for a game, but I will be at a game ASAP. Hopefully I can make it before they move from the JLA. Definitely need some suggestions on the local brews and bars.

Posted by Tony Perkis from Drinking at Robert's Lounge with Billy Batts on 04/30/13 at 08:37 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Tony - All of them. And go to Cheli’s.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 08:37 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Oh snap, Red. That dude is funny as fuch!

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 08:35 PM ET

He’s also a doctor; M.D. from UNC.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 04/30/13 at 08:40 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Red - Aren’t most Asians?

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 08:40 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Posted by RedMenace

Howdy Bitches.  More fun facts ??

Asian guy Glenn (Steven Yeun) on the Walking Dead grew up in Troy, MI.

LGRW

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 04/30/13 at 08:46 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

Evenin. Been watchin the Cawks vs Mild game. Mild Actuall came out flying, deserve the 1-0 lead

Posted by Yzersyuk on 04/30/13 at 08:47 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Glenn.. He became a bad ass after being the shy fast dude. He all wanna kill people now. Love it.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 08:47 PM ET

Tony Perkis's avatar

I remember reading some reviews of Cheli’s and they weren’t that good, but I’d obviously take advice on here.

Also, have a friend living in VT now, and I was lucky enough to enjoy Heady Topper. http://www.beeradvocate.com lists it as their #1 brew. Think they only sell it in VT, but again, if you have the opportunity, it is a must-try.

Posted by Tony Perkis from Drinking at Robert's Lounge with Billy Batts on 04/30/13 at 08:47 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I put up the banners tonite. One is in the front window. When my Grandson saw it he said ” Ahhh, Christmas.”

Sweet child-o-mine!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/30/13 at 08:51 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Christmas in April! YES!

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 08:54 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Don’t know why this is bugging me: Did anyone see the pre-game studio bit, when they first showed The Cup? Liam was giving Milbury a little shit about it by saying “How do you feel being that close to it, Mike,” and Milbury was like “Shut up, Liam. Just shut up,” and getting all pissy bitch about it?

Does he think anyone—anyone at all—is afraid of him? I mean, I’m sure his shoe-wielding prowess is second to none, but seriously man, get over yourself.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 04/30/13 at 08:56 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

I know we’re only twenty minutes and four teams into the 2013 post-season, but, damn, the Blues are looking amazing.

Ken Hitchcock, Alfred’s grandson, I believe, has his team ready to play.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/30/13 at 08:58 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Which was swiftly proceeded by smack to the back of the head while saying.  “Wrong.  It’s the playoffs, bitch.”

LGRW

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 04/30/13 at 08:59 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Red - Dingleberry is a complete douche.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 08:59 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

They are trying to make Milbury into an American version of Don Cherry, with no success at all.

Grapes can be a xenophobic clown at times, but he is more real, and likable, than Milbury.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/30/13 at 09:00 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

Milbury and Dale Tallon are similar. The terrifying thing is Tallon actually has the reigns to a team currently.

Posted by DAN M on 04/30/13 at 09:01 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Paul, Accept my friend, Sketchy_princess. She’s a keeper. wink

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 09:06 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

LGRW

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Where free agents no longer want to go. on 04/30/13 at 08:59 PM ET
[/quote

Actually,  the playoffs became a bigger deal than Christmas as my 5 sons grew older.  Most of them remember the “Good Wings”.  My youngest being born in ‘83.  The Grandson is 3 on Saturday. He also will grow up knowing the “Good Wings”.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/30/13 at 09:07 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

1-1 in 2nd for chi / min

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/30/13 at 09:09 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Whore iPad.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/30/13 at 09:09 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

Hey great no one cares tho. Damn u hossa. Damn youuuuuuuu

Posted by DAN M on 04/30/13 at 09:09 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Paul, Accept my friend, Sketchy_princess. She’s a keeper.

Did she bring her web cam?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/30/13 at 09:10 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Let them clobber each other like Clubber Lang and Rocky.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 09:10 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

oh man looking through the names of people already posting gives me grow a big rubbery one.  everybody is coming out for the playoffs!

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/30/13 at 09:12 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

If you had mikko’s body and saku’s heart that would be a hell of a hockey player.

Posted by DAN M on 04/30/13 at 09:14 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

You have chosen to ignore comments from this member.

dammit the curiosity is killing me!

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/30/13 at 09:14 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

He threw a little tantrum after I called him homer.

Posted by DAN M on 04/30/13 at 09:16 PM ET

peiz11's avatar

Evening all. I forgot how many more posts playoff games bring. Its comforting to know there are so many people going as crazy as me. Tonight’s gonna be a good night.

Posted by peiz11 from Minneapolis on 04/30/13 at 09:18 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

ROFL!

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/30/13 at 09:19 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

He did and then Kate comes to his aid calling me names like she’s a 6 year old but apparently she’s old enough to have grand children.

Posted by DAN M on 04/30/13 at 09:20 PM ET