Abel to Yzerman

Underdogs? More Like Maidens With Wrought Iron Souls

Oh yes.  Yes, I did.  For the first time ever, since this blog was created back in 1978, we've welcomed Jim Morrison to a Live Blog.

Actually, that's a lie because we talked about our Killer on the Road.  And if that big bastard comes back during this playoff run, we might trot it out again.

But for now, we're together on a thin raft, floating down a beery river toward a land where hockey doesn't belong and where the Pharoa died.

We need at least one in ridiculous Anaheim.  Game 1 would be preferable, but we'll take 2 if its offered.  Give us both and it will be on whore-style.

So here we go, into the breach once more.  We'll do nothing to influence a damn thing but what's done will influence us all to an extent that it's indecipherable to anyone but us and the pets we sacrifice.  Kiss your spouses on their lips.  Kiss your bosses on their asses.  Protect your children.  Warn your neighbors and ask baby Jesus to forgive us for the deals we make when we promise we'll exchange anything for just...one...goal.

It's a Live Blog, you bitches.  It's on.  Again.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 26 27 28

jeweler's avatar

Posted by dingus from the salty great lake on 05/01/13 at 09:26 AM ET

What about the phrase “Jim Nabosr is is way cool?”

Posted by jeweler from Grand Rapids, Michigan on 05/01/13 at 09:28 AM ET

jeweler's avatar

sorry. Meant to write ‘Nabors’

Posted by jeweler from Grand Rapids, Michigan on 05/01/13 at 09:29 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

So I logged in this morning to see what people posted after I signed off last night.  For the most part, all I saw was “You have chosen to ignore posts from this user,” interspersed with people trying to reason with a crazy person.

Are we turning into mlive here?

If so, it ain’t going to be much fun anymore.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/01/13 at 09:38 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

OK, I apologize for my choice of language there.  I should not have said “crazy person.”  I’m tired, as I’m sure everybody is this morning.  That was insensitive of me and wrong.

It’s just that there are some people with whom it is futile to try and reason.  So why try?...

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/01/13 at 09:52 AM ET

jeweler's avatar

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/01/13 at 09:52 AM ET

No need to apologize. There are a few others who regularly contribute to the LB that feel the same way you do.

Posted by jeweler from Grand Rapids, Michigan on 05/01/13 at 11:56 AM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Looks like I missed one hell of an LB. But as a consolation, I did finally learn how to use the ignore feature of this sandbox so I don’t have to suffer through any more drivel. Now if Ignore would keep all of TPSH’s bovine excrement from appearing on the KK home page, I really be happy.

I heard a disturbing Stat of the Day on the Dan Patrick Show. The Ducks have won game one in nine playoff series prior to this one and they have won all nine of those series.

Time to end that freakin streak.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/01/13 at 12:16 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Paul, if x number of people ignore a member, can that member get banned? It would be like voting someone off the island. Personally, I think x should equal something around 24. If two dozen people chose to ignore your posts, you have nothing to offer the village, er, community.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/01/13 at 02:06 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

Did somebody miss nap time?

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 05/01/13 at 03:00 PM ET

Joe Z.'s avatar

DAN I am pretty much a stranger as you are on A2Y. So maybe you’ll understand what I’m going to say.

Whatever Kate said, I am 100% sure that it was hockey related and not targeted at you as a person. I just “know” her from the posts she writes and all I can say that she is a dedicated Wingaholic. Heck I didn’t even know she was a “grandma”, because her posts about hockey are as passionate they can get.

So please step down from the personal level and try to see it about hockey only.

Posted by Joe Z. from Austria on 05/02/13 at 06:08 AM ET