Abel to Yzerman
by IwoCPO on 10/17/09 at 07:49 PM ET
Back to Zeppelin because I feel we won’t be needing Seger. We’ll break Bobby out for the big guns, but we’re not going to waste him on the also-rans and the mediocre. It would be insulting to him, to you and to me.
But I do offer you this…
I had to go out and buy BB’s Avalanche Ale to get my mind right.
I have to see the Red Wings destroyed today. I want to see their spirits crushed. I want to see their women lament the broken husks their husbands have become. I want to see all 18 of the fans in the stands crying and wiping their eyes with **** (reference to male genitalia)-shaped handkerchiefs. I want to see Joe Louis burn to the ground.
Bitter? What makes you ask that?
Naturally, that’s from the game day thread at Mile High Hockey.
“Get my mind right.” That, apparently, is the cool way to say the fans are getting pumped. As opposed to Blues fans who just lift weights before Wing games.
Redmond’s winking in 64 minutes. Be ready because we’re going all juvenilicious tonite with Hit Me Mick.
Rules are here:
Any reference to Samuelsson will be replaced by Bertuzzi.
Speaking of the Unibomber…how funny would it be to see that big sociopathic bastard go off tonite against the little Dive?
It’s a Live Blog bitches.
Updated: here are tonite’s rules.
The following occurrences require you finish whatever beverage you have in front of you. There can be no exceptions and no excuses. Your “partner” may not assist you.
· Mickey Redmond’s wink to open the telecast
· A Bertuzzi shot off the glass
· A fight
· A hat trick
A successful Wing penalty kill
· Any time Ken has to defend the referees or the league
· Any time Larry Murphy doesn’t finish a sentence. One of the 19 will be the official moderator tonite, determined by consensus prior to, and they will make the call on this and any other controversial decision.
· Mick says “BC two hander”
· Billy Joel’s “One, two…One, two, three, four”
· Any mention of Larry Murphy’s two-game goals, but no hat trick (NOTE: any reference to Murphy’s playing career from Ken or Mick is one drink)
take a swig!
Any time Mickey utters any of the following phrases, you must drink.
· This is no place for a nervous person
· Hold it right there gang…or any time Mickey says “gang”
· Wait ‘til you see this replay!
· Datsyukian (Ken or Mick)
· A Redmond chuckle with no explanation
· Any “new NHL” reference
· Any reference to composite sticks
· Is that the rule now?
Any use of the word “rivalry”
Any mention of Patrick Roy, Peter Forsberg or Joe Sakic
Any mention of Kyle Quincey bitching about not getting a ring
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Abel to Yzerman
Welcome to Abel to Yzerman, a Red Wing blog since 1977. No other site on the internet has better-researched, fact-laden and better prepared discussions than A2Y. Re-phrase: we do little research, find facts and stats highly overrated and claim little to no preparation. There are 19 readers of A2Y. No more, no less. All of them, except maybe one, are juvenile in nature. Reminding them of that in the comment section will only encourage them to prove that. Your suggestions and critiques are welcome: email@example.com