Abel to Yzerman

Two In A Row

Once again the Wings will try to put together two wins in a row, which, if it happens, would be the first streak of this season.

Hope for the best.......

It's a Live Blog!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >       Next »

calquake's avatar

Hi Katie. Dare we dream of two in a row? We’ll see. L.G.R.W.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Covidquake, "Stay the F away from me" on 02/23/21 at 07:16 PM ET

I dare we….. wink

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 02/23/21 at 07:23 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Mickey rocking the flannel…. wink

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 02/23/21 at 07:24 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

PooBah in the House!

Evening everyone.

Thanks Kate.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 02/23/21 at 07:38 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Hello Kate, thanks for starting the live blog.  The Wings climb to the SCF begins tonight.

Which year, I don’t know, but it begins tonight.

Posted by RWBill on 02/23/21 at 07:41 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Thanks for Winky Mickey, PooBah.

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 02/23/21 at 07:41 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

The Wings climb to the SCF begins tonight.

Which year, I don’t know, but it begins tonight.

Posted by RWBill on 02/23/21 at 07:41 PM ET

Yes it does… ohh

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 02/23/21 at 07:43 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

I’m done complaining about the personnel decisions, but for the life of me I don’t understand why Sevchnikov is not playing in GR or in Detroit? Who benefits from him sitting in the press box… confused

Posted by Down River Dan on 02/23/21 at 07:46 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I got nothing against the guy but why is Helmer on the first line? Brome- Seltzer deserves it more.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Covidquake, "Stay the F away from me" on 02/23/21 at 07:48 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Or Svechnikov.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Covidquake, "Stay the F away from me" on 02/23/21 at 07:49 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

I don’t understand why Sevchnikov is not playing in GR or in Detroit?

I noticed a little more pep in Neilson’s effort so far tonight. maybe that was the reason?

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 02/23/21 at 07:50 PM ET

Posted by Down River Dan on 02/23/21 at 07:46 PM ET

But Nielsen is playing….. how wrong is that? Rewarded for not being claimed off waivers…..

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 02/23/21 at 07:52 PM ET

Bad call!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 02/23/21 at 07:53 PM ET

The Meal's avatar

“Glendening, best face off man in the NHL.”  DRINK!

Posted by The Meal from Firestone, CO on 02/23/21 at 07:53 PM ET

The Meal's avatar

DRW coach (Blysma) pulling his mask down.  DRINK!

Posted by The Meal from Firestone, CO on 02/23/21 at 07:55 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Howdy 19. Had a beautiful 70 degree day and made some barbecue beef and homemade potato salad. A win tonite with cap it off. LGRW

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 02/23/21 at 07:55 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

TSN insiders between 1st period in Ottawa game,  say teams are inquiring on Bobby Ryan, Luke Glendenning, and Staal…???

Posted by Down River Dan on 02/23/21 at 07:55 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 02/23/21 at 07:55 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

“Glendening, best face off man in the NHL.”  DRINK!

Posted by The Meal from Firestone, CO on 02/23/21 at 07:53 PM ET

That just shows the state of the league right now. It’s not top caliber NHL hockey this season. Not knocking Glennie here. Just sayin…...

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 02/23/21 at 07:57 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

With=would. Dang self correcting.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 02/23/21 at 07:58 PM ET

The Meal's avatar

Kate, I see it the exact same way.

Still here watchin’ though!

Posted by The Meal from Firestone, CO on 02/23/21 at 08:00 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Yes. It was a really beautiful day here in Cackalacky. This week is shaping up really well weather wise.

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 02/23/21 at 08:01 PM ET

The Meal's avatar

“Only” 63° here today.  Wasn’t a week ago and we were at -17°.  I know which I like better…

Posted by The Meal from Firestone, CO on 02/23/21 at 08:02 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Kate, I see it the exact same way.

Still here watchin’ though!

Posted by The Meal from Firestone, CO on 02/23/21 at 08:00 PM ET

At least it’s decent hockey. A good distraction for us all.

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 02/23/21 at 08:03 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

I would not trade LGD for anyone. He is one of the building blocks needed in my opinion.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 02/23/21 at 08:03 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I’m still a fan of Karen Newman, but it may be time to come to grips that she’s not going to respond to my stalkin, overtures.  I will probably move on to Katheryn Winnick, Viking Queen and recent TV murder investigator.

I have to admit, I would let her punch me in the face just as much as she wanted to.  And if history is any indication, after she got to know me, she’d want to.

Untitled

Damn

Posted by RWBill on 02/23/21 at 08:04 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Hope it is two wins in a row tonight. grin

Posted by bigfrog on 02/23/21 at 08:04 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

He always comes to prepared to play hard. A keeper.

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 02/23/21 at 08:05 PM ET

The Meal's avatar

I mean it says that LGD can “turn it on” with or without fans.  We all already know that though, being familiar with his background and what he did in college.  Compare to a player such as much maligned Mantha.  Big Tony seems to feed off the fans, and is not well geared for the 2021 League.

No judgment, just observin’.

Posted by The Meal from Firestone, CO on 02/23/21 at 08:06 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Mickey telling like it is.

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 02/23/21 at 08:07 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

No judgment, just observin’.

Posted by The Meal from Firestone, CO on 02/23/21 at 08:06 PM ET

Bright lights, big city. They give these kids big money way too soon. Glennie came in when a player had to prove something before the big payday.

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 02/23/21 at 08:11 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Running the goaler is ok if your not a Red Wing.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 02/23/21 at 08:12 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

I don’t know if any of you drink Labatt beer but some info. I don’t work for them or get money or anything.

offer good until 2-28-21 for some of the stuff. I am going for the chair - smile    and maybe a hat.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 02/23/21 at 08:21 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Three friends stranded on an island find a magic lamp containing a genie. He grants them each one wish. The first wishes he were off the island back home. The second wishes the same. The third guy thinks to himself, “I’m lonely. I wish my friends were back here.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Covidquake, "Stay the F away from me" on 02/23/21 at 08:26 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Covidquake, “Stay the F away from me” on 02/23/21 at 08:26 PM ET

Haha, now that’s a guy you’d like to punch in the face!

Posted by RWBill on 02/23/21 at 08:29 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

What a cool chair Poobah. Last time I was in the thumb, Labatts was like 11 bucks a case. That was a couple of years ago.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 02/23/21 at 08:33 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

Hi and thank you Kate!

Hello 19!

My favorite poet Lawrence Ferlinghetti died today.

I meet him multiple times at City Lights book store when i lived in San Francisco. I mention this because we have lost our connections with these types of people and characters because of netflix, MTv before it and so on. I look at Mickey as our last connection to a past maybe better reality and i hope he lives to a healthy 101 also.

Lets go Redwings!

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 02/23/21 at 08:34 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Thanks for Quaking us up…... wink

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 02/23/21 at 08:35 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Man Buffalo is a mess. They may have better talent than Detroit right now, but they’ve been going 10 years without playoffs and that Jeff Skinner contract makes Nielsen’s deal look like a walk in the park.

Posted by Down River Dan on 02/23/21 at 08:35 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Last time I was in the thumb

The offer is good in different states. - go to the website if interested - but a knit hat for one case. pretty good deal.

I wish there was more time but i just found out about it last game.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 02/23/21 at 08:39 PM ET

1 2 3 >       Next »