Abel to Yzerman

Two Goals And A Cloud Of Suck

I don't remember the exact statistic, but in 2009 Chris Osgood was like 55-0-0 when the Wings scored 3 goals.  That's astounding, especially when you consider I made it up.  But as with so many things with life when you're not quite a pharmacist's mate (good job Okie)?  Specifics don't really matter.  We actually argued about that ditty way back when, way back in the good old days when playoff berths were clinched well before the Ides of March.  It was a proven fact of life that Osgood rarely lost when spotted 3.

Clearly we all know where I'm going with this.  George brought us a nugget from our own Ken Kal today.

The Red Wings are 4-15-6 this season when scoring 2 goals or less, however, they are 16-0-2 when they score 3 or more

No lineup changes for the Wings tonite, except for Drew Miller's damaged digits.  Eaves is in, which leads me to this...

...I know.  I know I promised I wouldn't say bad things about Tick Tock or his congressionally appointed band of advisors to include but not limited to Al Sobotka, Rick Zombo, Champ Summers and Gerry Rafferty, and I said I wouldn't speak poorly of our Uncle Mike until the bad thing happens.

But unless Todd Bertuzzi is well below, say, 80 percent?  Wouldn't it be a cool idea to, I don't know, get his big ass on the ice tonite?

I know we need Eaves' 8 minutes. I get it.  I'll stop.

If you're not drinking already I can't be your friend.  The Wings, who haven't won more than 3 in a row all year, need to win the next four.

RSV bitches. It's a Live Blog.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 13 14 15

dougie's avatar

We’re smart guys.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 04/22/13 at 10:10 PM ET

Phucking pharmacists.

Posted by dougie on 04/22/13 at 10:11 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

What the hell…. Poppers.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/22/13 at 10:12 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Four goals and three goalposts. And a shut-out.

My first star?  Abby.

Great win!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/22/13 at 10:13 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Me likey J.R. and Milbury fighting over Doanbag being a Doanbag.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/22/13 at 10:15 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

This new #93 musta fried up the ole #93 in pork fat and ate the poor fucher.  Bacon rasslin’ bacon bathed in pig fat—nasty-ass greased pigs whore-style with a nashville twist and back that ass up while y’all are at it.

Whatever it takes to make the playoffs I guess.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/22/13 at 10:16 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

My first star?  Abby.

Great win!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/22/13 at 10:13 PM ET

Hard to argue that, not the first time either.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/22/13 at 10:16 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Getting 2 regulation points is nice, but it sure makes it better knowing that it pretty much wasted yet another of Shane Doan’s seasons.

I hear the World Championships will start soon, and Canada will need a captain that takes dumb penalties at horrible times.

Posted by Primis on 04/22/13 at 10:24 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Something is wrong with my clock.  It says only 10:25.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/22/13 at 10:26 PM ET

BC's avatar

Me likey J.R. and Milbury fighting over Doanbag being a Doanbag.

For once in my life I have to agree with the hater, Milbury.  Roenick’s defense of Doan’s stupid penalty at a critical time for his team was indicative of Roenick’s M.O.

Posted by BC on 04/22/13 at 10:27 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by BC on 04/22/13 at 10:27 PM ET

Oh yes. Milbury was spot on. J.R. played in Phoenix with Doanbag, hence, the defense.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/22/13 at 10:35 PM ET

Primis's avatar

“NO, I DOAN KNOW WAT PLAYOFFS ARE!”

Posted by Primis on 04/22/13 at 10:38 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

This is the play I noted Q looked like one of us in Owosso trying to wrestle our dates whore style post prom.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/22/13 at 10:50 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

It gets a little awkward at the next family reunion, being cousins and all.  But a couple of belts of corn likker and you forget that and disappear behind the barn and get after it again.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/22/13 at 10:54 PM ET

MsRedWingFan's avatar

I can’t log on during the game it just doesn’t feel right,  but I sure do enjoy reading it after wards ...  wink

Evening 19. I pose a question: if you could call any one member of the red wings organization before this game started who would it be and what would you say?  As for myself id call Flip and say “Your brother’s twice the hockey player that you’ll ever be.” Then hang up, I’d that wont make him shoot more I don’t know what will
Posted by Yzersyuk on 04/22/13 at 07:25 PM ET
LOL

NBC broadcast. Gypped again.
Oh joy, here comes Eddie Icepatch

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Looking for a “D” man on 04/22/13 at 07:26 PM ET

LOL

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan hometown of Abdelkader on 04/22/13 at 11:32 PM ET

Nice.  A shutout.  Let’s see you do that for the next three games, Wings.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 04/23/13 at 12:56 AM ET

MIN:  LAK, EDM, @ COL
CBJ:  @ DAL, NSH
DET:  LAK, NSH, @ DAL

FYI, the Kings play tonight @ MIN - - Go Kings

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/23/13 at 09:13 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

HAPPY LENIN’S BIRTHDAY !  Red advances.
More to come, maybe.  A look at the conference is important because of the battle for fourth, which the Wings will be in the middle of Wednesday night.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/23/13 at 09:52 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Sorry, I didn’t update the ROW in the Legend box above.  Add one to Detroit.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/23/13 at 09:55 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Original image came from HFBoards.  Along with my avatar it may be the only good thing to come out of there in many years.  Myself included.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 04/22/13 at 09:59 PM ET

I should probably take offense to being left out of that statement, but I know I could never live up to HD’s immeasurable… whatever it is. wink

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 04/23/13 at 10:08 AM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/23/13 at 09:52 AM ET

If I am reading your graph correctly, we should be pulling for the Kings and Sharts tonight, and a Kings win tonight combined with a Kings loss tomorrow (L.G.R.W.) would vault the Wings from 9th to 7th?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/23/13 at 12:15 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Yes, by all means.  The Wild have been stinking it up Wings style for several weeks and could be the team that surprisingly ends up on the outside.

In a perfect world, Kings wear themselves out beating up on the Wild tonight in regulation time, then run out of gas tomorrow against Detroit when a win could vault us over both the Wild and the BJs.

It may be too greedy to ask for the Sharks to flatline Dallas too, but no harm in asking.

If I put up the broader chart you can see LAK and SJS groping each other for 4th place, so they are still playing highly motivated for home ice. ( or you could just look at the standings smile )

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/23/13 at 12:44 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

The jump of 2 points provides so much orgasmic relief, if only for 24 hours.
San Jose and LAK will have a major impact on teams 7-10 as they fight for home ice, and will likely play each other in the first round.

How long are playoff rounds this year, 4 games and 1 period?

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/23/13 at 01:36 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Maaaan wouldn’t it be wonderful if that MIN line continues to flat-line and DET gets in at their expense?  I’m sure the names Suter and Parise would NEVER come up amongst Wings fans then, not once…

Posted by Primis on 04/23/13 at 08:27 PM ET

MIN won.  Shit just even more real for the Wings.  Imperative that the Wings to outright win the remaining three games if they want to see post-season play.  Im-fuching-perative.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 04/24/13 at 12:58 AM ET