Abel to Yzerman

Two Goals And A Cloud Of Suck

I don't remember the exact statistic, but in 2009 Chris Osgood was like 55-0-0 when the Wings scored 3 goals.  That's astounding, especially when you consider I made it up.  But as with so many things with life when you're not quite a pharmacist's mate (good job Okie)?  Specifics don't really matter.  We actually argued about that ditty way back when, way back in the good old days when playoff berths were clinched well before the Ides of March.  It was a proven fact of life that Osgood rarely lost when spotted 3.

Clearly we all know where I'm going with this.  George brought us a nugget from our own Ken Kal today.

The Red Wings are 4-15-6 this season when scoring 2 goals or less, however, they are 16-0-2 when they score 3 or more

No lineup changes for the Wings tonite, except for Drew Miller's damaged digits.  Eaves is in, which leads me to this...

...I know.  I know I promised I wouldn't say bad things about Tick Tock or his congressionally appointed band of advisors to include but not limited to Al Sobotka, Rick Zombo, Champ Summers and Gerry Rafferty, and I said I wouldn't speak poorly of our Uncle Mike until the bad thing happens.

But unless Todd Bertuzzi is well below, say, 80 percent?  Wouldn't it be a cool idea to, I don't know, get his big ass on the ice tonite?

I know we need Eaves' 8 minutes. I get it.  I'll stop.

If you're not drinking already I can't be your friend.  The Wings, who haven't won more than 3 in a row all year, need to win the next four.

RSV bitches. It's a Live Blog.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 11 12 13 14 15 >       Next »

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Nashville where the men are men, the women are too, and the pigs run scared

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/22/13 at 08:49 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

BTW. I had the grave misfortune of living in Nashville for a while—great town if living among backwards-ass, one-tooth, pig-ignorant idiots are your thing.  Me?  I fled that hell-hole as fast as humanly possible.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/22/13 at 08:49 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

42jeff….I refuse to click.  wink

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 04/22/13 at 08:49 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

balls…

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/22/13 at 08:49 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Oh, and since I mentioned Hitler earlier

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 04/22/13 at 08:49 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Yeah, but how was the pig wrasslin?

tolerable up to the point where bodily fluids were exchanged—beyond that, not so much.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/22/13 at 08:50 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

42jeff….I refuse to click.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, pelotoning….whore style on 04/22/13 at 09:49 PM ET

I’d forgotten icheezbuger doesn’t allow outside linking…it’s safe

mostly

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/22/13 at 08:50 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Where free agents no longer want to go. on 04/22/13 at 09:49 PM ET

There’s the original artist when we need him and/or her.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 04/22/13 at 08:50 PM ET

dougie's avatar

42jeff….I refuse to click.  wink

And you are a wiser man than me. TWO things I cannot unsee tonight.

Posted by dougie on 04/22/13 at 08:50 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Mule - -blocking shots?

The end is nigh

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/22/13 at 08:51 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Holy crap…who the hell stole Franzen’s uniform tonight?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/22/13 at 08:51 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

CLANG!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 04/22/13 at 08:51 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

CLANK

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/22/13 at 08:51 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Say what youse will….Abby is on fire tonight!

WestWing's avatar

seriously, who the fuch is the new guy wearing #93?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/22/13 at 08:52 PM ET

Tony Perkis's avatar

Great *#$%@& game for Abbey and the Wings

Posted by Tony Perkis from Drinking at Robert's Lounge with Billy Batts on 04/22/13 at 08:52 PM ET

calquake's avatar

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE bring that intensity for the next three games.

Posted by calquake on 04/22/13 at 08:52 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

somewhere, the Master Chief is smiling ...

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/22/13 at 08:52 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Franzen has always been my favorite Wing.

Posted by dougie on 04/22/13 at 08:53 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Cojones?  No Cojones?  Feenix should pull their goalie…right now.  G’head.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 04/22/13 at 08:53 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 04/22/13 at 08:54 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Holy crap…who the hell stole Franzen’s uniform tonight?
Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 04/22/13 at 09:51 PM ET

Yeah, he looks like 08-09 playoff mule tonight.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/22/13 at 08:54 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Franzen has always been my favorite Wing.

Posted by dougie on 04/22/13 at 09:53 PM ET

Luckily most of us are fluent in sarcasm

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/22/13 at 08:54 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Franzen has always been my favorite Wing.

Posted by dougie on 04/22/13 at 09:53 PM ET

That made me spit out my drink - -

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/22/13 at 08:54 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

The gays were still in the closet then Vooxie. Used to be able to buy it by the bottle at a head shop like the trading post back in the day.

Mule is possessed tonite. 2 blocked shots within a couple of seconds.Keep er goin.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 04/22/13 at 08:55 PM ET

dougie's avatar

What is this weird parallel universe, where I am actually around at the end of a LB, and in a good mood?

Posted by dougie on 04/22/13 at 08:55 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Where free agents no longer want to go. on 04/22/13 at 09:54 PM ET

Great work never gets old.  Whatever happened to that guy?

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 04/22/13 at 08:55 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

True it resulted in a missed chance…but that backhand spinorama pass from Pav just now was just filthy

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/22/13 at 08:56 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Posted by dougie on 04/22/13 at 09:55 PM ET

Hallucengenics?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/22/13 at 08:56 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

ZZ missed the return pass….not used to being out there with the awesomeness of Dangleium

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 04/22/13 at 08:57 PM ET

VooX's avatar

The team needs to maintain their twerk until the end.  No pig wrassling until after the game.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 04/22/13 at 08:57 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Puck Possession Hockey returns to the Joe!

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/22/13 at 08:58 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

DAMN - - another post!

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/22/13 at 08:58 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Oooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Clang!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 04/22/13 at 08:58 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 04/22/13 at 09:55 PM ET

Oh there was one on the loose

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/22/13 at 08:58 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Gus learnin the Pav magic

Posted by Hootinani on 04/22/13 at 08:59 PM ET

BC's avatar

Unleash the FIlpulator

Posted by BC on 04/22/13 at 08:59 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

C’mon grampa, tell us again about the “swagger”—hang on though, I need another drink.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/22/13 at 08:59 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Great work never gets old.  Whatever happened to that guy?
Posted by monkey

Original image came from HFBoards.  Along with my avatar it may be the only good thing to come out of there in many years.  Myself included.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 04/22/13 at 08:59 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 04/22/13 at 09:58 PM ET

Our class president, what a… guy?

Posted by calquake on 04/22/13 at 08:59 PM ET