Abel to Yzerman

Tick…Tock

Honestly, the best I can hope for is the only logical conclusion.

My fairy tale ends like this...

...the Wings play 14 more games. It doesn't matter how many they lose or win.  In a draft position sense, yes it matters. But when it comes to the way we view this team and the way we view this organization, no win-loss total really matters.

My fairy tell includes the season ending quickly, then Ken Holland retiring, or moving himself upstairs equally as quickly.

He won't be fired. The Wings are too classy and too loyal.  They'll nudge him, direct him, beg him, shuffle him upstairs like they should have done four years ago.

He refused, of course. That's why Steve Yzerman's in Tampa instead of chomping at the crust to open up a fat ass box of Little Caeaser's.

We lost to Denver, the worst team in the league.

Tonight we play Phoenix, the worst professional organization in North America (unless you talk to Washington Redskin fans).

A loss would not surprise any of us.

It's a Live Blog. 14 more to go. FKH ASAP.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 >       Next »

calquake's avatar

Imagine… posting a live blog and nobody comes.  It’s been that kind of season.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 03/16/17 at 10:07 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

I’m here for better, or as we have seen this year,worster.  LGRW

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the season Greenville Pylons on 03/16/17 at 10:16 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

1-0 Larkin on the PP. cheese

Posted by bigfrog on 03/16/17 at 10:26 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Beautiful assist by Sheahan.

I’m at the game. The ice seems unbelievably slow

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/16/17 at 10:27 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I’m at the game. The ice seems unbelievably slow posted by CaptainDennisPolonich

from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/16/17 at 10:27 PM ET

Nah, that’s just the Wings new skating style.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 03/16/17 at 10:31 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

calquake's avatar

Dang, Cal. You weren’t kidding about the LB being cancelled due to lack of interest. Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/16/17 at 10:47 PM ET

To coin a phrase… Sad!

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 03/16/17 at 11:02 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Bigly sad.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/16/17 at 11:04 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Really Razr???

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/16/17 at 11:10 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Hi gang !
I’m little late !!  The first I see is Arizona scoring..

....Lets Go Red Wings..clap clap clap

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 03/16/17 at 11:13 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Well cheer up Bitches. I’m here. wink

Fuching Verbata.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/16/17 at 11:14 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

1-2. Ground Hog day again like Wednesday. Frustrating. shock

Posted by bigfrog on 03/16/17 at 11:15 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

I’m at the game.

Well Capn you always were a glutten for punishment!

LGRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, Czech out my recliner..... on 03/16/17 at 11:16 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

And I’m a jink.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/16/17 at 11:16 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Imagine… posting a live blog and nobody comes

Sorry gang….With the bag on my head I couldn’t find the remote, my tablet , or my whiskey. But, ya know it’s a process….

Posted by Down River Dan on 03/16/17 at 11:16 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Rumbears yur Uncle!

Lets do this!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, Czech out my recliner..... on 03/16/17 at 11:17 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

2-2 Tats. 2 PP goals tonight. grin

Posted by bigfrog on 03/16/17 at 11:17 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Yihaaa 2-2   tatar

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 03/16/17 at 11:17 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Tatar!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/16/17 at 11:17 PM ET

calquake's avatar

With the bag on my head I couldn’t find the remote, my tablet , or my whiskey.

And watching the Wings I can understand not wanting to live anymore. cheese

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 03/16/17 at 11:18 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Kate! How the hell are ya?

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, Czech out my recliner..... on 03/16/17 at 11:19 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Hey! It’s senior citizen night at A2Y.  Amiright?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/16/17 at 11:20 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

If Mrazek could try to be in position sometime…He might save a puck once in awhile

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 03/16/17 at 11:20 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Hey! It’s senior citizen night at A2Y.  Amiright? Lets Go Red Wings!!!!! Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/16/17 at 11:20 PM ET

Free Polident for everyone!

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 03/16/17 at 11:23 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Hell, this team could drive the bus off a cliff and I will be cheering for them to stick the landing. As a young, butterfaced Petty Officer once uttered….

.I am a Wings fan, not a hockey fan.

LGRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, Czech out my recliner..... on 03/16/17 at 11:23 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Kate! How the hell are ya?

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, fanning the flames, with rum….. on 03/16/17 at 11:19 PM ET

Livin’ the dream, Rummy. And, close enough to to Charleston to go Bill Murray stalking.. cool smile

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/16/17 at 11:23 PM ET

calquake's avatar

butterfaced

Is that some kind of code? cheese

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 03/16/17 at 11:27 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Why Kate…...Do I detect a southern accent in your typing?

Shut my mouth!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, Czech out my recliner..... on 03/16/17 at 11:27 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Is that some kind of code?

FLA slang .... unless he’s in bed already.

LGRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, Czech out my recliner..... on 03/16/17 at 11:29 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Planning on one last trip down to JLA, hoping to see either the leafs on April Fools day, or the Habs the following Saturday.

My first game at the Joe 1982 vs the Lanny Macdonald and the Flames. I still have my ticket stub.

Never saw the wings play at the Olympia, but did see a Jr. Wings game with some guy named Mark Howe.

Posted by Down River Dan on 03/16/17 at 11:31 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Jeebus their PP looks just like our. Fricking copy cats…..

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, Czech out my recliner..... on 03/16/17 at 11:40 PM ET

calquake's avatar

My take…  if the Wings get a top 10 pick, draft an offensive threat first unless a stud D-man is available.  Thoughts…?

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 03/16/17 at 11:49 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Why Kate…...Do I detect a southern accent in your typing?

Shut my mouth!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, fanning the flames, with rum….. on 03/16/17 at 11:27 PM ET

Fiddle de-de! After all, tomorrah is another day…........

It’s the vapors, kind sir.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/16/17 at 11:54 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin’ on my manifesto on 03/16/17 at 11:49 PM ET

You can never have enough D-men.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/17/17 at 12:06 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

The Doanhole is out with a “lower body injury”.

Your comments to follow….

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, Czech out my recliner..... on 03/17/17 at 12:08 AM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

yesss Mike Green

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 03/17/17 at 12:09 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Bingo Bango!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, Czech out my recliner..... on 03/17/17 at 12:09 AM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Greener 3-2.  LOL

Posted by bigfrog on 03/17/17 at 12:09 AM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Greener!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/17/17 at 12:10 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Razer has to make that save.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 03/17/17 at 12:17 AM ET

1 2 >       Next »