Abel to Yzerman

The Main Hatchway Is Secure

Down 0-1 to this team is not necessarily a concern.  Down 0-2 would make me sad but not fetal.

Am I stressed?  Yes ma’am.

But concerned?  No.

Blogging from a mobile device?  That makes me itch.  The San Jose Sharks do not.

Live blog it.  But don’t stress too badly, too soon.

Filed in: Admitting I'm Wrong, | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »

Nati's avatar

Rain and storms rolling thru SE Mich. If I lose power, I’m gonna be all kinda of pissed off.

I have a pretty hard downpour up where I am right now. Hopefully that’s all I get.

Posted by Nati from school or work, either would apply on 05/02/10 at 09:51 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

I’m out in Novi. It’s raining fairly hard, but I think the thunder has all rolled past. I’m a bit scared to check the radar.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 05/02/10 at 09:53 PM ET

Twig in Houston's avatar

if not for nabokov, fleury would be the worst goalie left in the playoffs.

i know that came from nowhere, but if any trolls are reading this, prove me wrong.

Posted by Twig in Houston from Houston, TX on 05/02/10 at 09:54 PM ET

You know, Las Vegas could use that damn system flooding the Midwest.  Pass some this kindly please?

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 05/02/10 at 09:54 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Puck, CreaseMonkey, and HippyDave are holing it down at the Tank, row 6 bitches.

Awesome.  Be loud.  Don’t take any guff of those swine!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 05/02/10 at 09:56 PM ET

Nati's avatar

I’m up in Rochester and we had a storm about an hour or so ago but it looks like its letting up around here now. Last I checked it just one bad band, and a smaller rain band following up later. Hopefully

Posted by Nati from school or work, either would apply on 05/02/10 at 09:56 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Statistically I would say that so far Fleury has been by far the worst of the goalies still playing.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/02/10 at 09:57 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Lately for some reason I’ve been reading Yahoo’s NHL articles, and some Puck Daddy stuff too, and the comments there are maybe the stupidest I’ve ever seen anywhere.  I keep telling myself to stop reading, but it’s like a car crash, I can’t look away.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 05/02/10 at 09:58 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Don’t take any guff of those swine!

That’s right.  Of course the gentleman has a major credit card.  Do they know who the *#$%@& they’re dealing with?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/02/10 at 09:58 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

finally some buzz…

Posted by pgoody on 05/02/10 at 09:58 PM ET

From NHL.com:

Injury Report—Marleau, who missed Game 1 due to the flu, practiced with the team on Saturday and will be in the Sharks’ lineup for Game 2. … Wings forward Patrick Eaves (arm) did not skate on Saturday but is expected to play in Game 2. Defenseman Brian Rafalski also did not skate, but will be in the lineup.

I’m tired of the will-he/won’t-he shit.  I’ll believe it when the teams play.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 05/02/10 at 09:59 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

remember its not a series until the trolls show up…

Posted by pgoody on 05/02/10 at 09:59 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

All set ...

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/02/10 at 09:59 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Every now and then I stop in there and/or ESPN “conversations” (ridiculous use of the term), shudder violently, and run away screaming.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/02/10 at 09:59 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

yes in spite of his obvious racial handicap, Nabokov is our bitch!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 05/02/10 at 10:00 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Posted by monkey from bat country on 05/02/10 at 07:57 PM ET

I love when people always try to talk about Fleury is some insane NHL superstar goalie, or is going to be in the future (Gretzky??).  He is a totally average goalie.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 05/02/10 at 10:00 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Have to miss the beginning of the game but I’ll be back.  Hold down the fish, bitches.

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 05/02/10 at 10:00 PM ET

monkey's avatar

yes in spite of his obvious racial handicap, Nabokov is our bitch!

Those Russians are all the same.  No faith in the essential decency of the Red Wing culture.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/02/10 at 10:01 PM ET

Jennemy of the Skate's avatar

Stonehands… NICE!

Posted by Jennemy of the Skate from the bar car on the stress train on 05/02/10 at 10:01 PM ET

thethirdcoast's avatar

Uh, I’m stuck with a Vs feed right now…

...if I search hard enough would it be possible for me to come up with an FSD feed? I can tell the Vs crew was thrown off the short bus and it’s only pregame…urgh…

Posted by thethirdcoast from Algiers, DZ on 05/02/10 at 10:02 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

how can you even form a coherent thought looking into lindsay soto’s eyes…

red face

Posted by pgoody on 05/02/10 at 10:03 PM ET

cs6687's avatar

He is a totally average goalie.

Hardly. He might not have the great numbers, but he wins.

Posted by cs6687 on 05/02/10 at 10:03 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Nope. Game 1 and 2 are Versucks exclusive. Best you could do is a TSN feed.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 05/02/10 at 10:03 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Why the hell would anyone ever look at Lindsay Soto’s eyes?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/02/10 at 10:03 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

No worries? Your great team gave Sidney Crosby his first Cup, I wouldnt be talking

At least we’ve put ourselves in the position to give the Cup away.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 05/02/10 at 10:04 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

ah these damn bats, Nabby will see them soon enough!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 05/02/10 at 10:04 PM ET

Gabriel's avatar

Uh, I’m stuck with a Vs feed right now…

FSD isn’t carrying the game.

Posted by Gabriel from San Diego, CA on 05/02/10 at 10:04 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Hardly. He might not have the great numbers, but he wins.

This argument, I’ve heard it before, but no one listens to us when we make it.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/02/10 at 10:05 PM ET

Gabriel's avatar

Why the hell would anyone ever look at Lindsay Soto’s eyes?

So she’ll believe whatever bullshit you’re telling her to get her into bed.

Posted by Gabriel from San Diego, CA on 05/02/10 at 10:05 PM ET

monkey's avatar

It was not given, it was taken in a very vicious manner. Nasty, tricksy little thieves, they stole it from us.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/02/10 at 10:05 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Posted by Jennemy of the Skate from putting the b*tches in the box on 05/02/10 at 08:01 PM ET

Thanks.
It’ll keep him from being sacraficed if it works.
Otherwise, no promises ...

Let’s hope Mule can avoid those 2 minute “bleeding” penalties tonight, eh?

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/02/10 at 10:06 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Lindsey Soto has eyes?????

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 05/02/10 at 10:06 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Posted by cs6687 on 05/02/10 at 08:03 PM ET

yep. ok. great. bye…

Posted by pgoody on 05/02/10 at 10:06 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Hardly. He might not have the great numbers, but he wins.

Posted by cs6687 on 05/02/10 at 08:03 PM ET

Do you know what the word average means?  The only way to measure a goalie is by his numbers.  He gets wins because the team in front of him scores more goals than he lets in.  He still lets in enough goals to make his numbers literally average.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 05/02/10 at 10:07 PM ET

thethirdcoast's avatar

Is it me or does that shark mouth tunnel look more like an alligator…or mutant whale?

Posted by thethirdcoast from Algiers, DZ on 05/02/10 at 10:08 PM ET

cs6687's avatar

The only way to measure a goalie is by his numbers.

Not entirely. Wins and big saves > numbers.

Posted by cs6687 on 05/02/10 at 10:08 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Posted by thethirdcoast from Rottenchester on 05/02/10 at 08:08 PM ET

Posted by pgoody on 05/02/10 at 10:09 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Ready bitches?  I trust Uncle Mike. You should too. Let’s Roll.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/02/10 at 10:09 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Posted by cs6687 on 05/02/10 at 08:08 PM ET

yes. got it. ok. bye…

Posted by pgoody on 05/02/10 at 10:09 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Not entirely. Wins and big saves > numbers.

Soooo….Ozzy is God?