Abel to Yzerman

The Main Hatchway Is Secure

Down 0-1 to this team is not necessarily a concern.  Down 0-2 would make me sad but not fetal.

Am I stressed?  Yes ma’am.

But concerned?  No.

Blogging from a mobile device?  That makes me itch.  The San Jose Sharks do not.

Live blog it.  But don’t stress too badly, too soon.

Filed in: Admitting I'm Wrong, | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 29 30 31

stonehands-78's avatar

2-0 van

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/03/10 at 10:22 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

2-1 birds score @ 12:19 of the 1st.

seabrook

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/03/10 at 10:28 PM ET

3-2 BOS.  2:57 left in the third.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/03/10 at 10:32 PM ET

Pronger saved a goal.  Yes, read that right.  Pronger saved a goal in an empty net situation for the Flyers.  Still 3-2 BOS with less than 15 seconds left to play.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/03/10 at 10:37 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Claude Julien and Bruce Boudreau like clones or what?

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/03/10 at 10:38 PM ET

3-2 BOS and the B’s go up 2-0 series lead.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/03/10 at 10:38 PM ET

Kesler was awesome on that PK.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/03/10 at 10:47 PM ET

Still 2-1 VAN after two periods.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/03/10 at 11:38 PM ET

CBC color says that the Nucks have only ONE giveaway and it’s Luongo.  In contrast, the Hawks have 12.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/03/10 at 11:55 PM ET

creasemonkey's avatar

Hippy Dave (and wife) and Puck, it was an awesome coincidence to end up a few rows away from you guys at the game.  For anyone daring to go to a Sharks home game, the Club Seats have a nice feature with separate restrooms, bar, and food sales separate from the masses.  It was nice not having to walk too far just to take a piss.

Too many people have made too many good points to quote them all.  The Wings did not play perfectly, but they played well enough to match games from the win streak at the end of the season.

The broken stick 3 on 1 is not entirely Howard’s fault; I put more blame on Rafalski for not committing to covering the pass and the trailing players.  On those breakaways, goalie handles the shot, skater covers the pass and any back door rebound opportunities.

I actually felt pretty decent at the second intermission.  Wings were playing decently, were up by one, and were owed a few powerplays from the S.O.P. officiating manual of the NHL.  Once the penalty was called on Bertuzzi, I could just feel the game slip away.  It was disappointing, you knew there was going to be another call for the 5 on 3, and that no penalties called in the Wings’ favor would make up for it.  Then I was upset, stricken with hockey Tourette’s and driving for 3 hours of the trip home listening to a few documentary podcasts was the only thing to calm me down enough to get some sleep.  So today I catch up on the comments and have to resort to looking at classic bicycle designs to calm down a bit more.

My husband did turn to me at the end of the first period, asking how in the hell I could watch and not have an anxiety attack every 3 minutes.  I may be able to convert him a bit more to hockey, as   Plus I was able to see the Datsyukian magic in person; witnessing the Dangle Dangle is a wonder to behold.

Still, cannot resist posting this because everyone needs a whipping boy:

Posted by creasemonkey from sweet home san diego on 05/03/10 at 11:58 PM ET

SHG for the Hawks.  2 apiece.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/04/10 at 12:05 AM ET

pgoody's avatar

do they only have 4 shirts over at pucking hilarious

Posted by pgoody on 05/04/10 at 12:07 AM ET

pgoody's avatar

Posted by pgoody on 05/04/10 at 12:09 AM ET

Sorry you had to see that officiating abomination live, creasemonkey.  I don’t know what would have taken to keep me restrained from using the bluest language I could spit out on Pollock and Watson.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/04/10 at 12:10 AM ET

3-2 Hawks.  90 seconds left in the match.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/04/10 at 12:29 AM ET

4-2 Hawks.  Kane with the EN backhander.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/04/10 at 12:30 AM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

#1) If that’s the case you are going to be so wasted by the end of the day.
#2) Your wife and my better half need to meet up… she’s a quilter also.
#3) They hit the quilting/yarn shops, we hit the breweries.

#4) Ditto, ditto, and ditto, so me and Mrs. FromAnnArbor are going to join you.
#5) After the breweries are drunk dry, we’ll grab shotguns and go zebra hunting.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 05/04/10 at 03:19 AM ET

Lucce's avatar

Birds did good tonite. The sedinettes did not live up to their standards. Its now or never tonite. Looking forward to it!

Posted by Lucce from Kingdom of Zweden on 05/04/10 at 04:47 AM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

So I started a Be a Pro campaign in NHL 09 last year in like March or April, played about the first half of the season and made it up to the first line of the Wings from the Griffins, and then just kind of stopped and forgot about it until a month or so ago when I picked it up again and resumed from where I left off.  In my experience, the majority of the games are reasonably realistic in terms of final scores; there’s a bit more scoring than reality in some games here and there but most are within the realm of realism.  So tonight I go in to play my next game of the season and what do I find, it’s against the Sharks.  Final score - Wings 10, Sharks 1.  Z had two goals and two assists.  I really hope that’s some sort of omen.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 05/04/10 at 06:16 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Morning bitches. Game day in Hockeytown. No, I’m not worried aboot the first game back after a road trip. The game is at 7:30 not 12:30.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!