Abel to Yzerman

The Wings Have Turned The Minutes To Hours

And I have no idea where the love of god has gone.  No, that's not pessimism talking. That's not me saying that adorable cherub, that drooling, babbling bundle of baby fat and joy, our precious 8lb baby Jesus has forsaken us and punished us for our many, many sins.  Baby Jesus has not decreed the end of our (shortened) season.

I'm talking about Stress.  I'm talking about disgusting, horrific Stress.  It's going to overtime tonite.  Because it must.

Double overtime, because if this season is going to end tonite it's going to end in the most painful way possible.

I'll say it again, how awesome would it be if that little tazmanian bastard skated out for the opening faceoff?  Do you know what Darren Helm would add to this equation? I don't. Because I can't remember the last time he played.

The musty old hall will be rocking.  Hopefully, if providence allows, we'll hear the echoes of  "You..Got...Kronwalled". My god that is a beautiful invention.

Something else, and I have to tell you this because I've sucked as a blogger for the entire year.  I've left the carrier Navy and moved on to the shooters, the small boys, the little ships who blast away.  Two weeks ago I took over as Command Master Chief of a Destroyer here in San Diego and the pace is...unbelievable.  That's why I've been largely absent except for the live blogs.  I don't see the work slowing down but I will maintain the blog the best I can.

It's a Live Blog bitches.  One shift, one beer at a time.

LGRW

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »

stonehands-78's avatar

...  Does this mean more or less chance of being put out to sea for long engagements?

more or less

(killing time ... is it game time yet?)

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/10/13 at 07:46 PM ET

The Hurricane's avatar

You are correct pgoody…drunk already….hiding.

Posted by The Hurricane on 05/10/13 at 07:47 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Evening, bitches, what are you drinking?

Link.  Load link into VLC or Quicktime.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/10/13 at 07:48 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Evening, bitches, what are you drinking?

Absinthe on the rocks. Make it a double. Better yet, give me the bottle and a bucket of ice.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/10/13 at 07:50 PM ET

TeamDub's avatar

I don’t know if I’m just slow or what, but I cannot get that damn VLC link to work for me. Keeps telling me “stream not found” no matter what I try. Vipbox it is.

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 05/10/13 at 07:52 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Better yet, give me the bottle and a bucket of ice.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/10/13 at 07:53 PM ET

If anyone’s interested as well, vipbox is also showing the Griffins/Marlies game.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 05/10/13 at 07:54 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

This ain’t no place for a nervous person.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/10/13 at 07:55 PM ET

Tony Perkis's avatar

Dogfish Head Aprihop. Must-try for anyone on the East coast (near PA or DE though). You will not be disappointed. A good time will be had by all.

Posted by Tony Perkis from Drinking at Robert's Lounge with Billy Batts on 05/10/13 at 07:55 PM ET

It’s currently 2-nil GR at the first intermission.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 05/10/13 at 07:55 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

You are correct pgoody…drunk already….hiding.

Posted by The Hurricane on 05/10/13 at 07:47 PM ET

Only reason I know that is because I watched WarGames three times in a row

Would you like to play a game….?

Posted by pgoody on 05/10/13 at 07:55 PM ET

VooX, a pint of Guinness and another.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 05/10/13 at 07:57 PM ET

VooX's avatar

nly reason I know that is because I watched WarGames three times in a row
Would you like to play a game….?
Posted by pgoody on 05/10/13 at 07:55 PM ET

WarGames fuching rules.  And all my DEFCON knowledge is derived from it as well.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/10/13 at 07:57 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Evening all.  Congrats CMC…..yur on the pointy end of the arrow now.

VooX!  Double rum over ice in a dirty glass if you please!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the prospect shuffle.... on 05/10/13 at 07:58 PM ET

Not much of anyone in the arena where the Marlies play.  YIkes.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 05/10/13 at 07:59 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

All mine’s from one of the Naked Guns

Posted by Hootinani on 05/10/13 at 08:00 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Cap’n ...Mrs. Rumbear authorized expenditures for game #7?  Thinking aboot it, how bout you?

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the prospect shuffle.... on 05/10/13 at 08:01 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Yea man, hopefully Howard can make the Ducks feel like they’re playing tic tac toe against themselves, never win…

Posted by pgoody on 05/10/13 at 08:02 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

I think the IQ of the country drops every time they show that Discover card commercial.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the prospect shuffle.... on 05/10/13 at 08:04 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Oh, it’s 8:03.  Getting really nervous now. Gulping wine.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/10/13 at 08:04 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

and the pace is…unbelievable

I hear ya Chief.  After so many years of working F-111s and F-16s…when I came up to B-52s seven years ago I was tearing my hair out I was so damn bored.

nly reason I know that is because I watched WarGames three times in a row
Would you like to play a game….?
Posted by pgoody on 05/10/13 at 07:55 PM ET

I know more about nuk-yoo-lar stuff now than I ever thought I would.  And in 33 days I get to forget ALL of it. smile  I can’t wait I can’t wait I can’t wait

I am about damn done with PRP too..ugh.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/10/13 at 08:05 PM ET

Pugna Vox's avatar

GCL feed is fsd. Many thanks to the bouncing eight-pounder of unabashed joy and love,

LGRW

Posted by Pugna Vox from Idiot Out Wandering Around on 05/10/13 at 08:05 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

I just switched from Budweiser to gin n tonic. That 3 am alarm might be painful…..

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/10/13 at 08:06 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

FSD Feed

Not HD…but still a pretty damn good feed.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/10/13 at 08:07 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/10/13 at 08:07 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Howdy ALL!
Congrats Chief!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 05/10/13 at 08:08 PM ET

3-nil now GR on a beauty goal by Pulkinnen.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 05/10/13 at 08:09 PM ET

Pugna Vox's avatar

John Keating needs to cut down his microwave time.

Posted by Pugna Vox from Idiot Out Wandering Around on 05/10/13 at 08:09 PM ET

Remember, it’s Watson and Joanette…I mean, Dumb and Dumber.

Hootinani's avatar

Keating’s face looks like he just got to the dessert portion of some Wonka dinner gum

Posted by Hootinani on 05/10/13 at 08:09 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

3-nil now GR on a beauty goal by Pulkinnen.

Posted by SYF from the Flood on 05/10/13 at 08:09 PM ET

Appreciate the updates!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/10/13 at 08:09 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Redemption time for Cleary, Sammy, Bert and Fil.  Add in Coca Cola for good measure.  You are veterans and put in for a reason… make us all understand why.

Posted by calquake on 05/10/13 at 08:10 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Octopus!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/10/13 at 08:10 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Thanks for the reminder SYF.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/10/13 at 08:10 PM ET

VooX's avatar

I know more about nuk-yoo-lar stuff now than I ever thought I would.  And in 33 days I get to forget ALL of it. smile I can’t wait I can’t wait I can’t wait
I am about damn done with PRP too..ugh.
Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 05/10/13 at 08:05 PM ET

Lucky bastard, enjoy the time to yourself.  PRP, had to look that one up, I think my inherent cynicism, aggressiveness, and willingness to tell anyone to fuch off, regardless of their status, would cause me to fail that test.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/10/13 at 08:10 PM ET

Pugna Vox's avatar

Sing it.
Throw it.
Drop,it.

LMFGRW

Posted by Pugna Vox from Idiot Out Wandering Around on 05/10/13 at 08:10 PM ET

Appreciate the updates!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/10/13 at 08:09 PM ET

Do I get a snog?  Or a Guinness?  lol

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 05/10/13 at 08:10 PM ET

klank's avatar

talk to me Dave Strader.

LGRW!!

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/10/13 at 08:10 PM ET

Norskirama's avatar

Oh, it’s 8:03.  Getting really nervous now. Gulping wine.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/10/13 at 08:04 PM ET

No gulping MRW…use a straw.

Howdy 19.  Just home from work and trying to catch up with your intelligent comments before puck drop.

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 05/10/13 at 08:11 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

The Chief got himself a fishing boat of his very own.  Fuching awesome.  Congrats bitch.

LGRW

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 05/10/13 at 08:11 PM ET

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »