Abel to Yzerman

The Playoffs Are A Thorny Issue

So I'm still optimistic.  The trades could still be filtering in to the league office. Kenny kicked a lot of tires and we all know you don't just kick for the sake of it.  That would be...

...self-flagellating, of course.

Yes, I've been reading.  Bad Wing fans. Screaming across each other while you type sarcastic words poking fun or even daring to question Saint Kenneth.  At some point I'm going to have time and the hardware to address that. It needs...examination.

Now though?  It's just a simple live blog bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »

MoreShoot's avatar

That was ugly and beautiful

Posted by MoreShoot on 04/04/13 at 09:13 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Schaudenfreude.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/04/13 at 09:13 PM ET

klank's avatar

start the Big Red Machine

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 04/04/13 at 09:13 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

now imagine yesterday went differently and Filpulla was in another city.

hmmmm….

“keep me, Kenny, and I will start scoring”

uh huh

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/04/13 at 09:13 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Starting early. I like it.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/04/13 at 09:13 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Nice nolook backhand.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/04/13 at 09:13 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Huh? Flips it in on the flip side.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/04/13 at 09:13 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

FLIP!!!

“...drier than a bone…” SCORESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

1-0

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/04/13 at 09:14 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Holy Miller Speed Burst Batman

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/04/13 at 09:14 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

When did Ochocinco start playing hockey?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/04/13 at 09:14 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

1:56 Valtteri Filppula 7 (power play) (Assists: Gustav Nyquist 3, Brendan Smith 5)

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 04/04/13 at 09:14 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

former Red Wing Chris Connor?  why don’t I remember that?

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/04/13 at 09:14 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Z, 13 and Mule?

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/04/13 at 09:15 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

former Red Wing Chris Connor?  why don’t I remember that?

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/04/13 at 10:14 PM ET

He wore 41 if I remember right

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/04/13 at 09:16 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Euro twins together?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/04/13 at 09:16 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

settle it on the scoreboard, Toots.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/04/13 at 09:16 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

former Red Wing Chris Connor?  why don’t I remember that?

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/04/13 at 10:14 PM ET

The Rifleman

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/04/13 at 09:17 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

former Red Wing Chris Connor?  why don’t I remember that?

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/04/13 at 10:14 PM ET

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/04/13 at 09:17 PM ET

calquake's avatar

former Red Wing Chris Connor?  why don’t I remember that?

How could you forget “the Rifleman”?

Posted by calquake on 04/04/13 at 09:17 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

I want Klinkhammer on the Wings…just so we can have a catchy nickname for him here.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/04/13 at 09:18 PM ET

Bent's avatar

former Red Wing Chris Connor?  why don’t I remember that?

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/04/13 at 10:14 PM ET

He didn’t play that much and spent a lot of time with GR.  I remember him well though, he played hockey for Michigan Tech during my years there.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 04/04/13 at 09:18 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

E-52 - - don’t tee ‘em up for the Dogs

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/04/13 at 09:19 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Jimmah!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/04/13 at 09:19 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

I wish Tootoo had hit Doan with this fist instead.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/04/13 at 09:19 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

I’d rather Toots fist kissed Douchy Doans face!

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/04/13 at 09:20 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

I always thought you got a penalty for unsportsmanlike if you dropped the gloves and the other guy didn’t.  ??

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/04/13 at 09:21 PM ET

klank's avatar

Tyson Nash is a mega dooch.  There, I feel better now.

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 04/04/13 at 09:22 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

I know I am only drawing a flurry of requests for me to close up a promiscuous orifice…but I’m not getting all those crappy security errors on A2Y tonight using Chrome….

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/04/13 at 09:24 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

The Coyotes broadcast crew is getting on my last nerve.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/04/13 at 09:24 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Buckets with some jump tonight?

Nah, it must be a mirage

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/04/13 at 09:25 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Clicky here for Ken and Micky

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/04/13 at 09:27 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 04/04/13 at 10:24 PM ET

It happened to me a several times- - pissed me off so I went to Firefox

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/04/13 at 09:27 PM ET

klank's avatar

...but I’m not getting all those crappy security errors on A2Y tonight using Chrome….

shhhh..

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 04/04/13 at 09:28 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

It happened to me a several times- - pissed me off so I went to Firefox

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Looking for a “D” man on 04/04/13 at 10:27 PM ET

I just got in the habit of hitting backspace twice , then F5 and it always got me past it.  But tonight I haven’t gotten it yet.

Yet.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/04/13 at 09:28 PM ET

klank's avatar

The Coyotes broadcast crew is getting on my last nerve.

wow… was not expecting those interviews by Babs and Tickity Tock.

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 04/04/13 at 09:31 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Nothing compares to TPH. Nothing.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/04/13 at 09:31 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Yet.

What is a woman’s Yet?  I don’t know either but I read a story in the paper and it said a woman was shot and the bullet was in her yet.  (thank you Jerry Lewis)

Posted by calquake on 04/04/13 at 09:31 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

don’t look now, but Filpulla is playing pretty darn well.

did they say he has 5 goals in his last 8 games?  why haven’t I noticed?

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/04/13 at 09:31 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

nice shift by the 4 liners

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/04/13 at 09:32 PM ET

calquake's avatar

did they say he has 5 goals in his last 8 games?  why haven’t I noticed?

You haven’t noticed a lot of things lately… pee into this cup for me will you? cheese

Posted by calquake on 04/04/13 at 09:33 PM ET