Abel to Yzerman

The Playoffs Are A Thorny Issue

So I'm still optimistic.  The trades could still be filtering in to the league office. Kenny kicked a lot of tires and we all know you don't just kick for the sake of it.  That would be...

...self-flagellating, of course.

Yes, I've been reading.  Bad Wing fans. Screaming across each other while you type sarcastic words poking fun or even daring to question Saint Kenneth.  At some point I'm going to have time and the hardware to address that. It needs...examination.

Now though?  It's just a simple live blog bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 5 6 7 8 >       Next »

VooX's avatar

I walked away for half of that period from the game and the LB.  No goals against.  I return and the Coyotes hit the post/crossbar a minute later and then have the 3-on1 rush off the neutral zone turnover.

The hockey gods have spoken.  I will make myself scarce, bitches.

Before I go, I would be remiss in saying that I am looking forward to when you can get your hardware in your hands again and proceed with your examination, Chief.  Very Muchos.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 04/05/13 at 12:20 AM ET

klank's avatar

were the Wings poolside this afternoon?

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 04/05/13 at 12:21 AM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Putting on the foil

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/05/13 at 12:21 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Like you, the power play has had too much whiskey.

Hello Vodka, how you doing?

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 04/05/13 at 12:22 AM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Hello Vodka, how you doing?
Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, procrastilaxin….whore style on 04/05/13 at 12:22 AM ET

2 Mt. Gay and Diet Cokes and I am feeling fine

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/05/13 at 12:23 AM ET

calquake's avatar

3 such easy uncontested goals.

This game reminds me of the Dark Times.

Posted by calquake on 04/05/13 at 12:23 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Might the color of a visiting team’s locker room at a major Midwestern university be a matter of interest to the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights?

Jill Gaulding, a cofounder of the advocacy group Gender Justice, claims that the University of Iowa is engaged in “pink shaming” and “cognitive bias” by making its football team’s opponents dress and undress in a locker room that is painted . . . pink:

Civil Rights?  Really?  Tell me again why most folks hate lawyers…....

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 04/05/13 at 12:24 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

What a disastrous night. StL picked up 2 points on us AND they still have 2 games in hand, assuming we don’t get 2 goals in 6:15.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/05/13 at 12:24 AM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

This game reminds me of the Dark Times.
Posted by calquake on 04/05/13 at 12:23 AM ET

So combine that with Sunday and ya gotta trend.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/05/13 at 12:25 AM ET

tkfergy's avatar

I’d certainly lay some rubber to the Belle Tire lady.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/05/13 at 12:17 AM ET

So that’s what you’re supposed to do with the rubber when you’re done using it.

Posted by tkfergy on 04/05/13 at 12:25 AM ET

VooX's avatar

Like you, the power play has had too much whiskey.

Hello Vodka, how you doing?
Posted by Rumbear

How are the 19 aboard the Stress Train’s Hasek Club Car like Darren McCarty?

We all love watching hockey and doing shots on rails.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 04/05/13 at 12:25 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Tigers sign Val Verde, a “Free Agent Hoser”??  Maybe I heard that wrong…..

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 04/05/13 at 12:26 AM ET

calquake's avatar

2 Mt. Gay and Diet Cokes and I am feeling fine

<cough> <cough> pussy <cough>  you could at least drink regular coke or straight on the rocks.

Posted by calquake on 04/05/13 at 12:26 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Bazinga

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/05/13 at 12:27 AM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Civil Rights?  Really?  Tell me again why most folks hate lawyers…....
Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, procrastilaxin….whore style on 04/05/13 at 12:24 AM ET

Yup, because it couldn’t have anything to do with all that psychology research that shows pink has a calming effect.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/05/13 at 12:28 AM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

why does Franzen think there’s going to be a rebound on a puck shot chest high?

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/05/13 at 12:30 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Sheesh, tough crowd.  Maybe it’s a dirty glass.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 04/05/13 at 12:30 AM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

pussy

Still have a grandkid in the house, so no.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/05/13 at 12:31 AM ET

calquake's avatar

why does Franzen think there’s going to be a rebound on a puck shot chest high?

Positive Thinking?

Posted by calquake on 04/05/13 at 12:31 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

3 goals in two minutes?........hit me, I got this.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 04/05/13 at 12:31 AM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

it’s almost as if the refs randomly pick a penalty they won’t call, each game…but only tell the Wings’ opponent which one.  what does it take for them to call slashing?

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/05/13 at 12:32 AM ET

GOAL!!!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 04/05/13 at 12:33 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

that;s one ...

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/05/13 at 12:33 AM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Buckets

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/05/13 at 12:33 AM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

not that it matters, but how was an arm not in the air for interference on Cleary?

why are the refs even out there?

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/05/13 at 12:34 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Still have a grandkid in the house, so no.

I concur.  The future generation does not need regular coke in their mixed drinks. C’mon Cal, it’s for the chillern.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 04/05/13 at 12:34 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

6 x 4

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/05/13 at 12:34 AM ET

Do this.

calquake's avatar

My apologies.

Posted by calquake on 04/05/13 at 12:35 AM ET

Ugh…...

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 04/05/13 at 12:37 AM ET

klank's avatar

I liked our effort.

latta bishes

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 04/05/13 at 12:37 AM ET

calquake's avatar

I yam outta here…

Posted by calquake on 04/05/13 at 12:37 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

My new, improved, mobetta Red Wings is feeling alot like Grandpas old Buick.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 04/05/13 at 12:38 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

g’nite

see ya tom., 19

never giv up

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/05/13 at 12:38 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Well, I could say Ima gonna go drink and drown my sorrows.  However, that would be repetitive and redundant…...

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 04/05/13 at 12:39 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

I’m outta here….manana, we begin the run for the Cup!

Yannow, ya like this team…..

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 04/05/13 at 12:41 AM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Till tomorrow 19.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 04/05/13 at 12:41 AM ET

I’m smoshed and redicuylys so becuus the wIngs plyed like shit’s got them through and it’s enouh.

w’er se not makng the playoffs thei s year.

if we get *ht spot this yr, it’s four an dout.  potOful.

Oy, i so drunk…

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/05/13 at 01:03 AM ET

calquake's avatar

w’er se not makng the playoffs thei s year.

if we get *ht spot this yr, it’s four an dout.  potOful.

Oy, i so drunk…

Posted by SYF from the bottom of a pint of Guinness on 04/05/13 at 01:03 AM ET

Easy for you to spell.

Posted by calquake on 04/05/13 at 01:06 AM ET

8th spot. is mean.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/05/13 at 01:14 AM ET

« Previous       ‹ First  < 5 6 7 8 >       Next »