Abel to Yzerman

The Mule Stood There Bright As The Sun On That California Coast

Bob Seger and his Silver Bullet Band are touring our nation.  I've not yet seen a confirmed San Diego date.  I will go scorched frigging earth if he hits the west coast, does Portland, NoCal and skips my transplanted home city.

Uncle Mike Babcock doesn't care. He doesn't care about Bullet Bob and he doesn't care about the calorie count in a Charleston Chew.  He just doesn't. He doesn't care about hurting your feelings and he's not impressed by your roomate's cousin in St. Louis who keeps forwarding him pictures of the tattoo he has on his chest of Erik Estrada.

And Uncle Mike doesn't care if he's hurting Ian White's feelings. All our Uncle wants is a win, and then about 20 more.  Then 16 after that.

So he's gonna sit a vet and then he and Kenny might trade one plus a kid or two.

Uncle Mike will spring for a Fresca and he'll tell Ansar how cool it was to watch you win a game of Boggle on the plane.  But when it comes right down to it, he just wants to win and I'm pretty good with that.

I think something's brewing on that there horizon.

And Uncle Mike doesn't give two shits who it is that gets dealt if it means #12 becomes more of a possibility.  No, I don't mean 13 or 40 so just stop.  I mean a 51 or a 4, but never a 43. Ever.  I don't even remember what number Quichedouchebag wears, because I shield my eyes instead of looking at him...but if we can trade him...YEP.

With every game this team wins without a healthy complement, Tick Tock is getting itchier.  I know he's done exactly jack squat to make Detroy-et better but tonite he should be reminded that anyone can win in this league built by a parody-driven midget.  Anyone. Even the Kings.  Win, win, win...deal. Win, win, win...deal.  Next thing you know Uncle Mike's got himself a contender.

We headed west because we felt that a change would do us good.  Good for the soul, you know.  Well, now it's time for a Live Blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 8 9 10

dougie's avatar

Where there is a Pavel, there is a way

Posted by dougie on 02/28/13 at 01:39 AM ET

And my feed’s gone and I can’t get it back.  Walkdum hacked this game from the Wings.

What a sack of shit for a ref.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/28/13 at 01:39 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

That’s why I wanted 6 more goals in the first when we were dominating.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/28/13 at 01:39 AM ET

klank's avatar

great to see Smith back out.

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 02/28/13 at 01:40 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Abby mugged in front of the net

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/28/13 at 01:40 AM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

So Remada and Eddie O have lifetime passes to the jackitorium. FO NBC.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 02/28/13 at 01:41 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Abdelkader bulldozed over in front of the net, no interference.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/28/13 at 01:42 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

g’nite

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/28/13 at 01:43 AM ET

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 02/28/13 at 01:43 AM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Whatever.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 02/28/13 at 01:43 AM ET

Bent's avatar

So that does it.  Wings lose, kings mvp Walkom.  Fuch him.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 02/28/13 at 01:44 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Can’t be mad at the Wings.  This game was given to LA by the refs.

Posted by calquake on 02/28/13 at 01:44 AM ET

klank's avatar

be well bishes..  will be swimming with the Sjarkies tomro.

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 02/28/13 at 01:44 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

If it weren’t for bad luck, and home reffing.  Just atrocious.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/28/13 at 01:45 AM ET

dougie's avatar

I woke up long enough to get pissed off with the refs. I see Ambien in my immediate future.

Can’t sleep with bile in my throat

Posted by dougie on 02/28/13 at 01:46 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Party in Walkoms mouth tonite. Everybody’s coming.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/28/13 at 01:47 AM ET

dougie's avatar

Kate, Imma crash the party, and take a dump

Posted by dougie on 02/28/13 at 01:49 AM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

3 stars of the game. Walkon, Walkon, Walkon.
Just replayed the last goal and saw blatant interference by the goal scorer. I don’t know how much more of this shit I can take.
Later 19.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 02/28/13 at 01:49 AM ET

« Previous       ‹ First  < 8 9 10