Abel to Yzerman

The Mule Stood There Bright As The Sun On That California Coast

Bob Seger and his Silver Bullet Band are touring our nation.  I've not yet seen a confirmed San Diego date.  I will go scorched frigging earth if he hits the west coast, does Portland, NoCal and skips my transplanted home city.

Uncle Mike Babcock doesn't care. He doesn't care about Bullet Bob and he doesn't care about the calorie count in a Charleston Chew.  He just doesn't. He doesn't care about hurting your feelings and he's not impressed by your roomate's cousin in St. Louis who keeps forwarding him pictures of the tattoo he has on his chest of Erik Estrada.

And Uncle Mike doesn't care if he's hurting Ian White's feelings. All our Uncle wants is a win, and then about 20 more.  Then 16 after that.

So he's gonna sit a vet and then he and Kenny might trade one plus a kid or two.

Uncle Mike will spring for a Fresca and he'll tell Ansar how cool it was to watch you win a game of Boggle on the plane.  But when it comes right down to it, he just wants to win and I'm pretty good with that.

I think something's brewing on that there horizon.

And Uncle Mike doesn't give two shits who it is that gets dealt if it means #12 becomes more of a possibility.  No, I don't mean 13 or 40 so just stop.  I mean a 51 or a 4, but never a 43. Ever.  I don't even remember what number Quichedouchebag wears, because I shield my eyes instead of looking at him...but if we can trade him...YEP.

With every game this team wins without a healthy complement, Tick Tock is getting itchier.  I know he's done exactly jack squat to make Detroy-et better but tonite he should be reminded that anyone can win in this league built by a parody-driven midget.  Anyone. Even the Kings.  Win, win, win...deal. Win, win, win...deal.  Next thing you know Uncle Mike's got himself a contender.

We headed west because we felt that a change would do us good.  Good for the soul, you know.  Well, now it's time for a Live Blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 5 6 7 8 9 >  Last ›      Next »

klank's avatar

did we just see Q-tip make a fine defensive play?

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 02/27/13 at 11:37 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Holy Q with good d….it raining toads anywhere?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/27/13 at 11:37 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Suck my Balls!  What a PK, no give aways now boys!!

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/27/13 at 11:38 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

wow, ok give the ref props for blowing the whistle when he lost the puck..and then taking the rap that it wasn’t.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 02/27/13 at 11:38 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Dong!

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/27/13 at 11:38 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Quick whistle works in our favor for once.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 02/27/13 at 11:38 PM ET

Quick whistle FOR the Wings, Walkdum?  For our Jimmy, Walkdum?

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 02/27/13 at 11:39 PM ET

The Hurricane's avatar

Murph: How big’s the one in your mancave Keats?

Ken Daniels: (sound of crickets)

Posted by The Hurricane on 02/27/13 at 11:40 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Fishy Fishaaaaay

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/27/13 at 11:40 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

well that’s certainly one way to muck up the neutral zone

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 02/27/13 at 11:41 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Murph: How big’s the one in your mancave Keats?

Ken Daniels: (sound of crickets)

Posted by The Hurricane on 02/27/13 at 11:40 PM ET

i caughtt that too ... made me giggle

LOL

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/27/13 at 11:41 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

It has datsyuk on it of course it’s working. I’m not sayin the idea of adding grit too a line with dats is a bad one. But abby while he does have a grea forecheck is lacking in size and skill to play with pavel day in and out. As for cleary I think we all know that he is reaching his end, his heart is beaten by none but with all the talent avalialable this team just can’t keep him for much longer. It doesn’t make sense that these two are datsyuks( possibly the best player in the NHL) linemates.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 02/27/13 at 11:42 PM ET

E52’s first fuch up, but he recovers right away.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 02/27/13 at 11:42 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

I think I heard him say, “Sorry.  I’ll make up to you guys with another 5 on 3.”

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 02/27/13 at 11:42 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Fishay Fishay!

Hey, this smells just like my cousin’s vagina, says the Nashville Ice Girl.

2012-04-14_01-09-29_436-1.jpg

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/27/13 at 11:43 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by Yzersyuk on 02/27/13 at 11:42 PM ET

It won’t stay that way once Serial Killer and William Tell are back.

Posted by calquake on 02/27/13 at 11:43 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

That was a tough period. They boys better come to play in the third.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/27/13 at 11:46 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

damn nice goal by Palmieri.  wait, two nice goals.  holy shit it’s got to be fun to be on an NHL team and get yourself a natural hat trick.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 02/27/13 at 11:48 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I’m no pharmacist, but it seems the Datsyuk, Cleary, Abby line is working very well…
Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 02/27/13 at 11:36 PM ET

I’ve seen Abdelkader do a lot of good before he was put with Z and now Datsyuk, and is frequently right in the crease or sliding the puck through it.  I’d really like to see him convert that into some points, however, as that is the bottom line, and not just because I want to introduce my daughter to him.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/27/13 at 11:50 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Lucky Scorpion.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/27/13 at 11:50 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I’m choking while saying this but… watch out for the Ducks this year. (excuse me while I go wash my mouth out with the Nashville Ice Girls’ cousin)

Posted by calquake on 02/27/13 at 11:51 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

time for Ken Holland to sign him and teach him to skate.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 02/27/13 at 11:51 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek.

Good luck with that.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/27/13 at 11:52 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by calquake on 02/27/13 at 11:51 PM ET

I nasty.

Posted by calquake on 02/27/13 at 11:52 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Two big turnover passes right to LA at our blue line.  Early in the year every mistake was ending up in our net.

Glad to get out of that still up 1-0.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/27/13 at 11:52 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

I know that Bert and sammy will be on his line whn they get back but that line still doesn’t appease me. If abby and cleary can play with dats then all of our young talent should be just as feasae. I’d rather have them learn from him and gain confidence from his playmaking. It’s just like how dats and z played with Brett Hull on the two kids and a goat line. Why can’t some of our young guys get that chance?

Posted by Yzersyuk on 02/27/13 at 11:52 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by

PaulinMiamiBeach

on 02/27/13 at 11:51 PM ET

This guy might be good on the grind line

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/27/13 at 11:54 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

JR - There’s where mama keeps the peanut butter? The Fuch does that mean?

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/27/13 at 11:54 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Why can’t some of our young guys get that chance?

Because we don’t run the team.

Posted by calquake on 02/27/13 at 11:55 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by calquake on 02/27/13 at 11:51 PM ET

I nasty.

Posted by calquake on 02/27/13 at 11:52 PM ET

Indeed!  But we knew that!

Hey, just tonight, every time I copy someone’s name and paste it I get this at the end.  I’ve been deleting it.

- See more at: http://kuklaskorner.com/a2y/comments/the-mule-stood-there-bright-as-the-sun-on-that-california-coast/P240#sthash.S9RtO04r.dpuf

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/27/13 at 11:56 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

JR - There’s where mama keeps the peanut butter? The Fuch does that mean?

Posted by

RorSchach

from Datsberg on 02/27/13 at 11:54 PM ET

I heard him say that last week too…I recall thinking the exact same thing

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/27/13 at 11:56 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Why can’t some of our young guys get that chance?

Because we don’t run the team.
    Posted by
    calquake
      on 02/27/13 at 11:55 PM ET

What?  I don’t know about you guys, but April 7th is my day to run it…

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/27/13 at 11:57 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

Aloha bitches.  Hope I don’t jinx Tiberius’ thing that he’s got going on. A2Y’s going nowhere. I’m not a fan of the LB-only thing we’ve had here lately but we’ll stick it out. I don’t want you pharmacists taking your shit over to St. Louis Game Time or MHH.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 02/27/13 at 11:58 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Those YouTubes don’t work for me. Whom are the guys?

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/27/13 at 11:58 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

April 7th is my day to run it…

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 02/27/13 at 11:57 PM ET

- See more at: http://kuklaskorner.com/a2y/comments/the-mule-stood-there-bright-as-the-sun-on-that-california-coast/P240#sthash.kcYcM5Vj.dpuf

Fishay Fishay!

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/27/13 at 11:59 PM ET

calquake's avatar

What?  I don’t know about you guys, but April 7th is my day to run it…

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 02/27/13 at 11:57 PM ET

Mine is April 1st.

Posted by calquake on 02/27/13 at 11:59 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

20 good minutes of hockey.  That is all.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 02/28/13 at 12:01 AM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Fuch GameTime or MHH.  I be takin my talent to the Pen(I)sblog.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 02/28/13 at 12:01 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 02/27/13 at 11:58 PM ET

good to hear, Chief.

grin

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/28/13 at 12:01 AM ET

Aloha, Master Chief.  Glad to hear that.

Third period.  Get some foals.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 02/28/13 at 12:02 AM ET

« Previous       ‹ First  < 5 6 7 8 9 >  Last ›      Next »