Abel to Yzerman

The Main Hatchway’s Given In

Just go ahead and let it fly.  The vomit.  Don't be embarrassed.  We'll laugh, because watching adults throw up is funny.  But we'll be spewing vomitus at the same time, which will ramp up the hilarity to a redolent degree.

Mikael Samuelsson is on the PP point.  Tatar is the "big net front presence".  Dan Cleary on the first unit.

The Wings have lost three in a row. Half the team remains hurt. Tick Tock is in a slumber of self-denial, with no moves in sight.

And Detroit sits in 9th place.  Gary's playoffs start next week after a 22 game season.

Ready, set, vomit.

Oh, and you know those inbred ruhtards will be blowing those stupid whistles because half of them literally believe Tootoo is still a Predator.

The prospects aren't even dim. They're dimmer than dim. They're dank and dark like the alley Jiri Hudler used to fester in waiting for 6 dollar hookers.

Those were the good old days there, boy.

No chance in Gary's kitchen of hell that the Wings win this thing tonite.

Tatar with one, Wally with one. James Tiberius MF Howard with a shutout because we damned well need it. Wings win 2-0.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

stonehands-78's avatar

thanks, Chief ... i think.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/19/13 at 07:35 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Schools already closed again up here for tomorrow, day two of one hell of a storm. The Fitz would have had a bitch of a time with these gales, too. Late-February is such a beautiful time.

At least I have the Wings to get me out of the doldrums.

The last comment was a mix between sarcasm and depression, sarpression or decasm, I guess it would be called.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 02/19/13 at 07:43 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

This is gonna be a train-wreck tonight.  Culture in the room needs to change, everyone needs to get one the same page, play the system, play hard.  Best coach in hockey, listen to him.

Hopefully Filpulla comes back soon we could use his scoring.  Oh, wait.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 02/19/13 at 07:47 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

We can’t put our Petr out against their Pekka, because their Pekka is up but ours is down.

Wonder if our Jimmy will do.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 02/19/13 at 07:50 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

Mikael Samuelsson is on the PP point

Lets call it what it is, Buckets pt. 2 The buck-toothed kitties get a shorty thanks to things like this. I cringe every time we get a PP, because I know it means the other team gets a goal.

I’ve eaten my slop for the night, its time for the Tootoo Twain. Lets hear boos and whistles all at the same time.

Lets see if Tatar can get one in and get Shaybutter riled up.

Only lookin for 2 points, nothing else will do.

Game On!

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 02/19/13 at 07:50 PM ET

LGRW!

RSV!

YGBFKM!

ROFL!

ugh..

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/19/13 at 07:56 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

DET have not displayed any ability to play consistently good hockey for 60 minutes.  With the roster they have, you can’t really blame anyone.  Though it would be nice if some of the veterans showed up more consistently.

There simply is very little margin for error, and DET haven’t played anything like that type of hockey.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/19/13 at 07:57 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

I had some photoshop inspiration yesterday…hope Jimmy gives me reason to use it.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/19/13 at 07:58 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 02/19/13 at 06:58 PM ET

you got Tiberius wearin a toga?

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 02/19/13 at 08:00 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Evening All!

Time for a W as in…... WIN.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 02/19/13 at 08:02 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Chief already said the “s” word… I wont tempt fate above that…. but man would that woud sure look good after 60 minutes.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/19/13 at 08:04 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/19/13 at 07:04 PM ET

you been drinking already MO?

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/19/13 at 08:05 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

you got Tiberius wearin a toga?

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 02/19/13 at 07:00 PM ET

Oh that’d be good…I hadn’t thought of that.

This one is dong related…...

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/19/13 at 08:06 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Anybody else want to play World of Tanks until puck drop?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/19/13 at 08:07 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

42jeff, I would but it’s apparently going to take me 19 days to download it

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 02/19/13 at 08:11 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Yeah the initial install is a bit hefty.  The game is freaking addictive though.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/19/13 at 08:13 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Does a couple beers mean the same as drinking?

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/19/13 at 08:14 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Does a couple beers mean the same as drinking?

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/19/13 at 07:14 PM ET

Only if it’s while you’re driving.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/19/13 at 08:15 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

What good is a road soda if ya aren’t going somewhere??

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/19/13 at 08:17 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Just how many neutral zone, or worse - D zone, turnovers end up in our net?

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/19/13 at 08:18 PM ET

ZERO dammit

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/19/13 at 08:18 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

I see I don’t drink alone… 42Jeff has been tipping too.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/19/13 at 08:19 PM ET

maybe.

I see I don’t drink alone… 42Jeff has been tipping too.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/19/13 at 07:19 PM ET

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/19/13 at 08:22 PM ET

w2j2's avatar

There is nothing like Wings’ hockey on a howling, cold, snowing night in Alpena…
Win or lose, I will be rooting for the Wings.
It may not be pretty…but…
Wave after wave of 3rd & 4th line guys / rookies pounding on the forecheck is the way it has to be.
And Micky & Ken always make it go down like Glenfiddich…

wink

Posted by w2j2 on 02/19/13 at 08:31 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Win or lose, I will be rooting for the Wings.
Posted by w2j2 on 02/19/13 at 07:31 PM ET

Preach on brother.  -11 here in Minot right now.  Even this morning when it was -26 I was thinking “Hot damn…Wings game tonight…now where the HELL are my gloves…..”

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/19/13 at 08:34 PM ET

w2j2's avatar

Samuelson is out with a broken hand.  Eaves in.

Posted by w2j2 on 02/19/13 at 08:40 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Samuelson is out with a broken hand.  Eaves in.

Posted by w2j2 on 02/19/13 at 07:40 PM ET

Long time injury I suppose…wouldn’t that really effect your accuracy? wink

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/19/13 at 08:41 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Samuelson is out with a broken hand.  Eaves in.

Posted by w2j2 on 02/19/13 at 07:40 PM ET

joke, right? right?

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/19/13 at 08:41 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

You turk hunt at all 42, or just deer? Lotsa birds here in MO…. just sayin’.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/19/13 at 08:45 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

joke, right? right?

You mean about our 2009-10 redux?  Yep. Frickin hilarious!!

Posted by MoreShoot on 02/19/13 at 08:45 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

With the roster they have, you can’t really blame anyone

I blame Tick Tock.

Have to use young entry level talent playing above their head to be successful.  Look at Pitt.  Most of their success was on Sid and Malkins entry level deals when they could afford to put money on other positions.

With the Jarnkroks, Pulkkinens, Shaehans, Jurco’s and Frks that in 3 years we wont be able to make up for playing Tatar Andersson and Gus now?

Getting tired of the kids being the spark for the team.  Aside from Z no one else seems hungry.  Get fuching hungry, worry about jobs, care about losing enough to shoot the fuching puck on the PP.  Why is the coach having to twist these players are to try to score?

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 02/19/13 at 08:45 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Can’t wait for tonight’s game!  (I’m a liar too.)

Thanks, Chief, hope all is well at sea.

Time to go pour a drink before puck drop.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/19/13 at 08:50 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

one good thing that will hopefully come from this season is that some of these young players will develop into solid NHL talent long before we’re used to that happening.

hopefully a few gems (like Brunner) will come out of this, and the team will be stronger and younger for a few years.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 02/19/13 at 08:51 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

I to am starting to look at management as we have kids needing ice time but yet reward it to some guys who who need less.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/19/13 at 08:53 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

You turk hunt at all 42, or just deer? Lotsa birds here in MO…. just sayin’.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/19/13 at 07:45 PM ET

Actually went turkey hunting this spring with bow…that was pretty fun.  Those damn things look damn funny up in a tree I tell you what.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/19/13 at 08:54 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

players arms* to try to score?

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 02/19/13 at 08:56 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

You turk hunt at all 42, or just deer? Lotsa birds here in MO…. just sayin’.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 02/19/13 at 07:45 PM ET

Is there much of a pheasant season down there?  The pheasant season up here absolutely has sucked the last couple years.  All of the game birds really except for turkey.  The deer population up here has really taken a whack the last few years also.  Between global warming killing them all with extreme cold, and the CWD…chronic…something….killing them…they’ve cut tags back by about half since 2009

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/19/13 at 08:58 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar