Abel to Yzerman

The Ducks Are Going To Use One Of Those Elmer Fudd Guns And Blast Us

We're about to Live Blog a shipwreck.

I have nothing good to report.  Anaheim is the best team in hockey right now.  We are the 7th best team in the Western Conference, if that.  Anaheim hasn't lost at home since 1985.  The Wings are in a fun little dance we like to call, "One step forward, eight steps back right into a pile of steaming dog shit."

Mike Babcock actually said...

“Bert and Helmer and Sammy (Mikael Samuelsson) have been on our roster, but I haven't seen them. It would be like a trade-deadline deal (getting one or two back). It would be unbelievable to have them.

God. Please. Just STFU.

But hey, don't worry.  The trade deadline's right around the corner and the Wings are ready to stick some shishkabob spears into some burning meat just to see if it's raw or cooked and if it's cooked, well then shit let's send it down to GR to get even more cooked but if it's raw? Well hell. If it's raw, you let a good talented defenseman sign with Edmonton instead of making a big push to get him in Detroit because Kyle Quincey, for instance, is wayyyy better than, oh I don't know...Justin Schultz?

And if you don't learn your lesson from that, then you go ahead and do what the smart kids tell you is the stupidest fuching thing ever...you repeat the same mistake.  What am I saying?

Don't even think about this Dekeyser kid. Thinking about it is setting yourself up and that leads to nothing but disgust because Tick Tock's trying to decide whether we can afford yet another young player who makes less than 500 thousand, eh?

What he's really trying to do, and he's said as much, is figure out whether the Wings are a playoff team.  Well, are they? Huh? We'll find out soon enough. Tonite. Sunday. In Anaheim. It's not looking good. Not one bit.

Live Blog it, bitches.  The ugliness is just beginning, really.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 8 9 10

ITDeuce's avatar

Fuch you Budreau.  These are the same fuching Duck’s I’ve been watching for several years now.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/23/13 at 12:35 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Solid win. Sunday will be a goonfest.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/23/13 at 12:35 AM ET

calquake's avatar

See youse all on Sunday.

Posted by calquake on 03/23/13 at 12:35 AM ET

Bent's avatar

Great game, wasn’t expecting it to go quite that way.  Night all.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 03/23/13 at 12:36 AM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Gator with his first career trick. And first career 1st star. Rofl.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 03/23/13 at 12:36 AM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

see if I can rent Zero Dark Thirty !

Bin Laden dies at the end

Posted by MoreShoot on 03/23/13 at 12:36 AM ET

WestWing's avatar

Let’s do this again on sunday, whaddya say?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/23/13 at 12:36 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

good win

book it.

see you Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!!

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/23/13 at 12:36 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Kelly Chase is an a$$hole.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/23/13 at 12:37 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Kelly Chase is an a$$hole.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/23/13 at 12:37 AM ET

He looks like that creepy guy down the street who waters his lawn in sandals and socks and just stares at you when you drive by…

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/23/13 at 12:38 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Sunday, Bitches. Later.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/23/13 at 12:38 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Desperately needed win… let’s do it again on Sunday.

Good fight(s); good night.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/23/13 at 12:39 AM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

The ucks broadcasters were actuallly tolerable tonite. Abby with the curley fries,and the Cleveland steamer day turned into a great and bizarre night. Have a great weekend 19.Until Sunday.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 03/23/13 at 12:39 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Meteor lights up the sky over the East Coast tonite. Google it.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/23/13 at 12:41 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

see if I can rent Zero Dark Thirty !

Bin Laden dies at the end

Posted by MoreShoot on 03/23/13 at 12:36 AM ET

Spoiler Alert you Bitch!!  Thanks for wrecking it for me !!

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/23/13 at 12:42 AM ET

Guilherme's avatar

What you call “eating crow” we call “burn tongue”. I’ll just leave this here.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 03/23/13 at 12:54 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

That was the Fastheth goalie change I’ve seen in a while.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/23/13 at 01:11 AM ET

monkey's avatar

That Abdelkader line is on fire.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/23/13 at 01:21 AM ET

monkey's avatar

Having actually watched most of the game for a change all I can say is SHOOT THE PUCK FRANZEN.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/23/13 at 01:30 AM ET

Sorry, this team’s inconsistency remains the thorn in tonight’s rose.  I do NOT expect the same effort against these same DuhUcks on Sunday night.

I am not impressed.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 03/23/13 at 02:10 AM ET

dougie's avatar

These are a series of TRAP games, and for once, they are trap games for the OTHER teams.

I like our chances.

Posted by dougie on 03/22/13 at 10:40 AM ET

Sometimes, if you don’t blow your own horn, there ain’t gonna be any music, folks.

Humbly yours-
dougie

Posted by dougie on 03/23/13 at 08:30 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the score this morning, and then when I watched and saw the night Abby had!  Whatever happens from here on out, I’m really happy for the kid.

Count me among those who thought it was a stretch putting him on one of the top lines, but I never ragged on him personally because he works his ass off every game.  So yes, I am happy as I can be for him.

Sure hope the Wings can bring it again next game.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 03/23/13 at 08:55 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

This was posted on George’s blog.  Go and sign the petition to BRING MURPH BACK!

Posted by marcotte from Hancock, MI on 03/23/13 at 08:59 AM ET

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 03/23/13 at 09:08 AM ET

monkey's avatar

“I didn’t play anywhere during the lockout and I had a slow start. It took a little bit for me to get my legs underneath me and get my hands and everything going good. I think it took me about 10 games to do that—and I think I’m speaking for most of the guys who didn’t play during the lockout. But thankfully, we won’t have to go through it for another eight years.”

Quote of the night from Justin Abdelkader, showing that the players are aware the owners are already laying the groundwork for the next lockout.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/23/13 at 09:24 AM ET

monkey's avatar

This was posted on George‚Äôs blog.  Go and sign the petition to BRING MURPH BACK!

They fired Murph for low ratings?  What the hell?

Dear Fox Sports:  the product on the ice is what drives ratings.  Please come up with a better excuse.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/23/13 at 09:52 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

I sent an email to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) , not that it will make a difference.  My gist was that Murphy was popular with the fans because of, not inspite of, his informal fan-to-fan style, some other things, and that if viewership is down it is because of the lockout turning many fans against the NHL, and the Wings not winning at the same high level as in the past.

I’m really stunned by the news, there has to be more to it than “lower ratings”.  He’s certainly more enjoyable to listen to than that stiff as a board guy in the studio.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/23/13 at 10:58 AM ET

dougie's avatar

Had to be the new glasses.

Posted by dougie on 03/23/13 at 11:33 AM ET