Abel to Yzerman

The Church Bell Chimed Til It Rang 93 Times

It's rough. Probably too rough to feed you.

But we've haven't broke deep, or capsized or taken on water.

Not yet.

Close, but not yet.

It's a Live Blog, bitches and the waves have turned the minutes to hours.

15 to 12.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

Alan's avatar

Here’s to hoping our prayers and ritualistic sacrifices to the hockey gods have been heard, and we walk away from this game with a victory.

I know a Mr. Franzen is hoping this as well. He’s hoping for this because if we win, the heat that’s currently on him might grow a tad subdued.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 04/26/14 at 01:07 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I just want the Wings to put it all out there. Anything can happen.

LGRW!!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/26/14 at 01:09 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Ouellet in for Kindl, Alfredsson for Bert and Howard will be on the bench.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/26/14 at 01:23 PM ET

SK77's avatar

WTF Here We Go.

Posted by SK77 on 04/26/14 at 01:33 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Hejsan,howdy !!

I predict a win today!! ..Lets Go Red Wings clap clap clap   wink

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 04/26/14 at 01:35 PM ET

YYZerman's avatar

Let’s Go Red Wing’s

Posted by YYZerman from Detroit, Michigan on 04/26/14 at 01:41 PM ET

FranzensMouthguard's avatar

Here’s hoping 93 can remove his head from his rectum and remember he’s a hockey player again

Posted by FranzensMouthguard from Chicago, IL on 04/26/14 at 01:43 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Nothing like just getting to a kids baseball game an hour before game time.
Fuch it, they got nothing to lose so play like it.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/26/14 at 01:56 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Cinch em down kids….this could get bumpy.

LGRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the prospect shuffle.... on 04/26/14 at 02:00 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Afternoon, bitches, looks like a fine time to grow some more hockey-related ulcers.  The kids better play today like will be spanked with the belt if they fail.  The veterans better play like they will be sold to the glue factory if they can’t get the job done.

What are you reprobates drinking?

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 04/26/14 at 02:00 PM ET

Let’s Go Boys! I am all in!

Posted by Lidstromfan on 04/26/14 at 02:09 PM ET

What are you reprobates drinking?

At this point my ulcers have ulcers.

My libation of choice today is Ron Swanson approved.

I have a feeling I’m not going to be around in any sort of mental capacity this evening.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/26/14 at 02:11 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Hi-dee-ho-style, Bitches. Master Chief.

Leave it all out on the ice. I’m all in. All the way home.

Whatever it takes to Win Game #5.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/26/14 at 02:24 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Not feeling great about this.  The 19 have their torches lit and pitchforks filed to a dangerous point.  Remind me again what we like about the playoffs?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/26/14 at 02:25 PM ET

BrendonR's avatar

Hi all, time to show the East who’s boss around here. Wings have looked great when they’re playing with speed and tenacity…just need it for the full 60 this time.

Posted by BrendonR on 04/26/14 at 02:26 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Remind me again what we like about the playoffs?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/26/14 at 02:25 PM E

The Hasek. The vomit. The sweating it out till the final buzzer.

Being die hard, true blue, Detroit Red Wings Fans.These are the ties that bind all of us together.

Fuch the odds!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/26/14 at 02:32 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Remind me again what we like about the playoffs?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/26/14 at 02:25 PM ET

Making them. After that, I got nothing good to say aboot them.

Posted by dougie on 04/26/14 at 02:34 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

clock ticking down to 00 in the final period of victory #16 is really the only playoff moment that ever really satisfies

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/26/14 at 02:43 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

As I see it we have only ONE option -
WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 04/26/14 at 02:45 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

the postgame skate with the cup, and then seeing the puppies, firetrucks, hookers and assorted midges parading down Woodward is pretty nice too.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/26/14 at 02:45 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Remind me again what we like about the playoffs?

I’m here for the booze, chronic heart failure, and more booze.

Let’s do this. We’ve pulled off miracles before with our butts on the line. We can do it again.

The time is 15 to 12, and I’m all-fuching-in. LGRW

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 04/26/14 at 02:54 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Here until the end.  It worries me that Monster is in goal today.  I apparently did not see what some saw last game.  The only reason the game was close was because Boston couldn’t put the puck in a wide open net… twice.  Monster was all over the place but not in the net at crucial times.  If Boston is just a little more patient we could see a blowout today.

That being said… Fuch Bahston and the horses they rode in on.  Play like you mean it Wings…  for a full 60 minutes and I’ll be satisfied win or lose.  L.G.R.W.

Posted by calquake on 04/26/14 at 02:58 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Am I the first to say that this is a must win?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/26/14 at 03:00 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Paste this in the options:
http-user-agent=PS4 libhttp/1.60

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 04/26/14 at 03:01 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

I’m all in

one shift at a time

steady determination by all

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/26/14 at 03:04 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Paste this in the options:
http-user-agent=PS4 libhttp/1.60

Voox you’re a damy pshsyshics….I was just trying to find a feed worth a shit

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/26/14 at 03:04 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

ack…it keeps getting stuck in a loop

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/26/14 at 03:08 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Aloha Bitches. I am working today so will have to rely on the 19 for game updates on this here blog. Time for the vets to earn their pay and the youngins to gain some more playoff experience. LGRW

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 04/26/14 at 03:08 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

I get superstitious. I have worn suit and tie to the bar, quit shaving,  etc. So I told my today I am going to watch in the nude. I will try anything

Posted by Rdwings28 on 04/26/14 at 03:09 PM ET

VooX's avatar

If the 4500 stream is too much bandwidth, substitute 3000 or 1600 for the 4500 value in the URL.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 04/26/14 at 03:10 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Looks like we are spared Emerick, but not Olczyk.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 04/26/14 at 03:10 PM ET

Looks like we are spared Emerick, but not Olczyk.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 04/26/14 at 03:10 PM ET

Not an improvement.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/26/14 at 03:11 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

oh sweet….I’ll try 1600…

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/26/14 at 03:11 PM ET

VooX's avatar

ack…it keeps getting stuck in a loop

The loop happens at all bandwidths.  Sometimes it self-corrects.  If it doesn’t, press stop and then play to reset the feed.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 04/26/14 at 03:11 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Make Olsuck weep.

Just. Win.

GO WINGS!  GO WINGS!  GO WINGS!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/26/14 at 03:11 PM ET

VooX's avatar

I also recommend increasing cache to 3000ms.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 04/26/14 at 03:12 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

Founders makes a GREAT pale ale

Posted by Rdwings28 on 04/26/14 at 03:13 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Not an improvement.

I hate Emerick almost as much, his voice is grating and his mannerisms are stupid.  So I respectfully disagree.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 04/26/14 at 03:13 PM ET

Bill from GR's avatar

Afternoon, Bitches.

Let’s do this thing. I’d like a nice 25 year old Macallan, Voox. Neat.

I’m in victory mode.

Posted by Bill from GR on 04/26/14 at 03:14 PM ET

Subtle Interference comment by the 3 minute mark is my guess.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/26/14 at 03:14 PM ET