Abel to Yzerman

The Blues Are Back In Town

First off, I could use whatever you folks are drinking tonight.

One of each would be just fine, just overnight it!

It feels like ages ago since we faced the Blues and things have changed.

The Wings are barely treading water while the Blues have grown up to become a team to deal with this season.

But none of this matters tonight and all we can ask of this winged-wheel team is keep delivering the effort.

Helm should help, but once again, it is all on Jimmy.

Deal with those cross-ice passes the Blues like to make and maybe, just maybe, we can start this stretch of home games at 2-0.

It's a live blog bitches and keep in my mind when watching the game on how much IwoCPO hated this team!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Huh? O.K.!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/20/14 at 07:48 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Gratuitously borrowed from I have no idea where.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 01/20/14 at 07:48 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Don’t downplay the 19, sir.
I’d not have had the chance to tip beers with you in CA and MI if not for this asylum.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 01/20/14 at 07:43 PM ET

Downplay the 19?  Never.  I was referring to real life for the Chief.  Besides I’ll forever be grateful for the picture of us at the Shart Tank with the glowing fairy over your head. LOL

Posted by calquake on 01/20/14 at 07:49 PM ET

Man, the effort might be there but they can’t do anything in the offensive zone so far, and they’re just killing themselves in the defensive zone by passing to guys who already have someone bearing down on them.

Same old, same old, I guess…

Posted by CrimsonPhoenix on 01/20/14 at 07:49 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Nice try Abby. Need to see that offsides replayed.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 01/20/14 at 07:49 PM ET

Alan's avatar

I’m not sure that was offside, but that doesn’t matter anymore.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/20/14 at 07:49 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

I lost that pic in my old $%^&* photobucket… but it was posted on here.
Dang that’s funny shit right there, Cal.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 01/20/14 at 07:50 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

In KC so I’m being treated to the blues feed. I really do like Darren Pang as a color guy, but man it’s tough to take him as a blues homer.

Posted by Down River Dan on 01/20/14 at 07:50 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Panger says the Wings are like the Blues having to “earn it” in the minors and then get called up.
Sheesh, I used to like the little cue ball.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 01/20/14 at 07:52 PM ET

Jesus, that’s what I’m talking about. Kindl goes behind the net for the puck while the Wings line change, and he has no one to pass to for a good 10 seconds. What the hell was that…

Posted by CrimsonPhoenix on 01/20/14 at 07:52 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

beautie setup by Nike

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/20/14 at 07:52 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

In KC

Where abouts?

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 01/20/14 at 07:52 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

#$%^&

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 01/20/14 at 07:53 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

beautie setup by Jurco

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/20/14 at 07:53 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Hot damn. Kids making things happen. Just gotta bury one

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/20/14 at 07:53 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Q-ball with a weak back hand shot on net. Figures it’d be his own.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/20/14 at 07:54 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by sjketcheson from Ottawa on 01/20/14 at 07:46 PM ET

You’re a saint.

Many thanks.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 01/20/14 at 07:54 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Bert is not the goat on that kid line.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 01/20/14 at 07:55 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Brutus is due. The boys are bringing it tonite!

Let’s Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/20/14 at 07:55 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

In KC

Working on a project at Ford assembly planting Claycomo, been here off and on for about a year.

Posted by Down River Dan on 01/20/14 at 07:56 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Jeebsus.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 01/20/14 at 07:57 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

damn

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 01/20/14 at 07:57 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

ugh

Come on Wings, ANSWER!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 01/20/14 at 07:57 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Wait..i thought this hybrid icing tie went to the defender. They havent waved off shit tonite.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/20/14 at 07:57 PM ET

Dammit.  Jimmy caught turning his back to the puck.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis on 01/20/14 at 07:57 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

need to answer right away

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/20/14 at 07:57 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Claycomo

That’s 10 minutes away. Just sayin’.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 01/20/14 at 07:58 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

I just hope Jimmy is investing that contract money… wisely…

Posted by pgoody on 01/20/14 at 07:58 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Arggggggggh!

Let’s Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/20/14 at 07:58 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Wow. What kind of nonsense is that.

Oh well. Get it back, fellas.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/20/14 at 07:58 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

err…flustered by the goal. they’ve waved off everything that should’ve been icing. including what led to that goal.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/20/14 at 07:58 PM ET

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 01/20/14 at 07:48 PM ET

MO, I like our babes better:

Much, much better

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis on 01/20/14 at 07:59 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by SYF from calquake’s rug inspection office on 01/20/14 at 07:59 PM ET

OMG… I can’t stand up.

Posted by calquake on 01/20/14 at 08:00 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

MO, I like our babes better:

Much, much better

Jeebus, no wonder our team cant get healthy. The surgeons are all busy fixing other things.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/20/14 at 08:00 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

That goal off the netting was great.  Its nice to be on the winning end of the NHL random bullshit generator for a change.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 01/20/14 at 08:01 PM ET

Zata had a fantastic setup and Nike was late in seeing it.

Stick on the ice, Nike.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis on 01/20/14 at 08:03 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Now, since the Wings benefited, they will make a rule.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/20/14 at 08:03 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

I think I see some red wings….

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 01/20/14 at 08:04 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

make good on it boyz

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/20/14 at 08:04 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar