Abel to Yzerman

The Big Game At The Big House

Yesterday's games had a sit back, reminisce a bit and relax feel to it.

Today, the stress level will be on the upswing once again.

First a few bits-Channel 4, the local NBC affiliate will have a pre-game show on at 12:30pm ET today and CBC/HNIC does too.

Game time is just after 1:00pm ET on NBC and CBC.plus RDS.

Question of the day for Detroit fans, will Jimmy Howard have a bounce back game?

Because of the ice conditions, expect a north/south game and play in front of the net will be crucial.

No matter of the outcome, it should be an enjoyable event to watch.

But, knowing Detroit fans, the stress level will be high and a perfect game will be expected.

It's a live blog bitches on the first day of a new year.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 10 11 12

shanetx's avatar

Sorry, meant USA, just flustered

Posted by Hootinani on 01/01/14 at 04:53 PM ET

I figured as much.  I’m right there with you.  This is damn frustrating.

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 01/01/14 at 06:06 PM ET

gowings's avatar

“I wish he was playing for team Canada. He’s on team USA”

Shit no! a bit of respect for Canadians here LOL:) I have to say that I am not sure I understand the reasoning for him to be there…..

Starting Sat…HELL WEEK. I hope Gus is feeling good, bc Howie will have problems :(

Posted by gowings from MTL on 01/01/14 at 06:22 PM ET

moocat's avatar

Aside from the Shootout Howard played well today. Gus has been coming back to earth of late and Howard has to get some time in net if he is ever going to get back in the groove.

Howard got the nod for team USA due to his international experience. He’s not likely to play so it’s unlikely to be a factor.

Posted by moocat on 01/01/14 at 06:35 PM ET

shanetx's avatar

I think Gus’s coming back to earth has been more because of the injury decimated team in front of him than anything he’s failed to do, really.  And that’s why I’m scared of Howard trying to get back in the groove in front of this defense.

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 01/01/14 at 06:38 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 01/01/14 at 05:38 PM ET

I’m totaly agree with you !!!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 01/01/14 at 06:39 PM ET

The team was hurt more when he was called up, you know.

Gus hasn’t fallen back to earth, he’s playing as he should be reasonably expected to play.  He’s a 15ish goal, 40ish point player at the NHL level right now.

Posted by HockeyinHD on 01/01/14 at 06:55 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Posted by HockeyinHD on 01/01/14 at 05:55 PM ET

I think he means Gustavson, not Nyquist

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 01/01/14 at 07:05 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

I haven’t watched all the games, but two games ago I watched Gustavsson make some incredible kick saves and win a game for the Wings in regulation.

if that’s falling to earth, more please.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 01/02/14 at 08:15 PM ET