Abel to Yzerman

Terrible Ted’s Got a Fever…

... and I'm not talking about Ted Lindsay.

Yeah, I had to take a swipe at the low-hanging fruit there. Sue me. Wait, on second thought, don't. I know there are more than a couple lawyers around here...

Don't have much to say regarding tonight: Second half of a back-to-back, against a bad team, with Gustavsson making back-to-back starts; Stevie White playing his first game against his old club; the kids are playing well, for the most part, in the absence of Hank and The Ghost... I guess we'll just have to see how it goes, won't we?

I hope everyone's had their shots, because here comes another Live Blog, Bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >       Next »

dougie's avatar

I do have a fondness for banjo pickin’.

Full disclosure. There HAVE been banjo pickers on the porch on more than one occasion.
You can use them to tell if the porch is level or not. If it is level, they drool out of both sides of their mouth.

Posted by dougie on 12/07/13 at 08:27 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 12/07/13 at 07:26 PM ET

That looks more like Trainspotting than “You sure do got a purty mouth…”

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 12/07/13 at 08:27 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by dougie on 12/07/13 at 07:27 PM ET

The more you know…

Posted by calquake on 12/07/13 at 08:29 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

I once played bass in a band for some idiot fuching banjo player—dude was such a tool

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 12/07/13 at 08:30 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Hell, ya’ll are a bad influence. Here I was not gonna drink tonight. 30 minutes here, and the plan has changed entirely.

Posted by dougie on 12/07/13 at 08:31 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by dougie on 12/07/13 at 07:27 PM ET

That would explain the extensive water staining…

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 12/07/13 at 08:32 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Enablers R Us

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 12/07/13 at 08:32 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Reminds me I could use another beer

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 12/07/13 at 08:33 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Mick, you told the exact same story last night…

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 12/07/13 at 08:34 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Enablers R Us

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 12/07/13 at 07:32 PM ET

I’m not just a member… I’m the president.

Posted by calquake on 12/07/13 at 08:36 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Mick, you told the exact same story last night…

It’s what old guys DO, Red. It’s one of my biggest fears, that I tell the same story twice to the same person.

My employees are instructed to politely stop me, if they have heard the story before. If they can tell me the rest of the story accurately, I pay them $5 on the spot. Helps keep me sharp

Posted by dougie on 12/07/13 at 08:38 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Gus.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 12/07/13 at 08:38 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Hey Cal, you gonna replace your avatar? - heard tell # 5 going to the rafters in March.

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 12/07/13 at 08:39 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Mick, you told the exact same story last night…

Posted by dougie on 12/07/13 at 07:38 PM ET

Just how much in debt are you? cheese

Posted by calquake on 12/07/13 at 08:40 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

that 18, 20 an 21 line was buzzing there - damn!

anybody else here getting the feeling that Tatar is really close to becoming a star in this league?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 12/07/13 at 08:41 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 12/07/13 at 07:39 PM ET

If someone will take a picture for me… absolutely.

Posted by calquake on 12/07/13 at 08:41 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

“last minute to play ... in this period”

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 12/07/13 at 08:41 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Just how much in debt are you?

If I run out of $5 bills, I just STFU, and stop telling stories until I get more

Posted by dougie on 12/07/13 at 08:42 PM ET

Sorry, I’m late, 19.  Last 10 seconds and I see the Wings up 1-nil.  Bucktkets with the goal???

Ah, I see the replays now.

I just got the feeling Babcock’s feeling all justified now.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 12/07/13 at 08:43 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Where are all the grrrrls this Sat night?  Lil’ Redhead, you still with us ?

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 12/07/13 at 08:45 PM ET

Terrible Ted, RedM?

Little Miss Dangerous.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 12/07/13 at 08:48 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Where are all the grrrrls this Sat night?  Lil’ Redhead, you still with us ?
Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 12/07/13 at 07:45 PM ET

Yes, I am here.  Just wondering if I entered into an alternate live blog tonight, so I have been hitting refresh a lot….. lol smile

You do a great job keep up with the guys!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 12/07/13 at 08:53 PM ET

Jon Gruden said in a Playboy interview (yeah, I read the fuching articles) that he relies on his veterans a lot because he can learn from them.  They’ve been through the battles.  They can tell him if certain plays will or will not work.  Rookies can’t tell you anything.

Wonder if Babcolland’s of the same mindset since they’ve been so insistent on playing the vets over the young guys.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 12/07/13 at 08:56 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Wonder if Babcolland’s of the same mindset since they’ve been so insistent on playing the vets over the young guys .

Different sport entirely. Hockey has 90% more spontaneity than pro football, which relies heavily on more or less scripted plays.

Either you can execute in the free flow of hockey, or you cannot. Age is irrelevant, more or less.

Posted by dougie on 12/07/13 at 09:00 PM ET

Second period.  Here we go.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 12/07/13 at 09:00 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Buncha crap

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 12/07/13 at 09:04 PM ET

Shit.  Tied at 1.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 12/07/13 at 09:05 PM ET

dougie's avatar

WHAAAAT??

Posted by dougie on 12/07/13 at 09:05 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Either you can execute in the free flow of hockey, or you cannot. Age is irrelevant,  more or less.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 12/07/13 at 09:05 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Jimmy Mays Hayes.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 12/07/13 at 09:05 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Evening everyone, just caught up to live.  Seems Cleary finally broke his streak, now for Weiss…

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 12/07/13 at 09:06 PM ET

sjketcheson's avatar

How do you NOT blow the whistle on that?!?!?!

Posted by sjketcheson from the floor of the Hasek on 12/07/13 at 09:07 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Sammy back was to the shooter who poked in the goal.

Posted by dougie on 12/07/13 at 09:07 PM ET

Smitty actually having a decent game in his end of the ice.

Q, not so much.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 12/07/13 at 09:08 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

How do you NOT blow the whistle on that?!?!?!

Welcome to the wacky world of NHL officiating - clown college degree required.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 12/07/13 at 09:09 PM ET

Whatever you guys do, absolutely do not ask Q to carry the puck to the redline.  He sucks.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 12/07/13 at 09:11 PM ET

Welcome to the wacky world of NHL officiating - clown college degree required.

Picture of a clown made with crayons will suffice in place of diploma

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 12/07/13 at 09:11 PM ET

Welcome to the wacky world of NHL officiating - clown college degree required.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 12/07/13 at 08:09 PM ET

With a major in sucking up to the midget shrew.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 12/07/13 at 09:12 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Evenin’ Bitches. I saw Uncle Tedophile and the Amboy Dukes in January, 1970, at the Birmingham Palladium.  He was wearing a pelt, to sort of cover his man parts.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 12/07/13 at 09:12 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Did TimTom sell that or what??

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 12/07/13 at 09:12 PM ET