Abel to Yzerman

Split ‘em Up, Mike…That Solves Every Woe

There is no problem in Mike Babcock's life that can't be cured by splitting up Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk.  Hair, hunting, Fresca shortages: split them up because it always works.

Split them up because Franzen hasn't scored in five years. Weiss has zero assists. Charlie Buckets: one goal. Split them up because that's what we do. Every year. Several times. It's the solve-all.

Mike Babcock is a strong man and we love him in a way that doesn't involve any sort of physical contact. But, man, if that's the only solution...why are we paying assistant coaches? Why does Babcock even own a white board? If splitting them up is the best we've got in terms of creative solutions to a team that can't score? Shit, man.  Just play Words with Friends and call it a night.  Just pick names out of a hat and toss them out there.

Ten games in and life is looking mediocre.

I told you I was nervous at the beginning of the year because I'm not convinced the Weiss/Alfredsson thing is going to work. Oh, it probably will but not right away.  Some genius commented on an MLive story that he thinks it's a "chemistry issue", because all of us are so astute we can see a chemistry issue when it exists.  That's just dumb, but it does have a little credence when you consider that ten regular season games may not be enough time for the two new guys to get acclimated to the Wing Way.

So in march the Rangers with Nash and Richards and they can't score either.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.  And it's Saturday.  Drink up and celebrate the New Plan to split up hockey's two best players.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »

Bent's avatar

Miller time!!

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 10/26/13 at 07:40 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Drew!

Posted by MoreShoot on 10/26/13 at 07:40 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

MILLER!!! Yeah Baby!

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/26/13 at 07:40 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Miller - Yeah Baby!!!!!!! Woo Hoo

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 10/26/13 at 07:40 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

It’s Miller Time!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/26/13 at 07:40 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Also, I really dislike Quincey as a hockey player.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/26/13 at 07:40 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Also, I really dislike Smith as a defenseman - gives the puck away, then just stands there and tries to pylon the attacking forwrad.

KONG HIT POST

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/26/13 at 07:42 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

purely abysmal start has improved somewhat

Posted by MoreShoot on 10/26/13 at 07:43 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Mick interviewing Nik? You know NHLN ain’t gonna let us see that shut eye

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/26/13 at 07:44 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

wow 16 shots by the wings that period. that’s almost more shots that the wings have shot in the last three games.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 10/26/13 at 07:45 PM ET

Norskirama's avatar

Mick interviewing Nik? You know NHLN ain’t gonna let us see that

Posted by

CaptainDennisPolonich

from Warm and sunny SoCal on 10/26/13 at 07:44 PM ET

Was thinking the same thing, Captain.

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 10/26/13 at 07:45 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

garden angel approved auto sales? really?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 10/26/13 at 07:47 PM ET

Still a lot of shots against, but that period looked okay and we ended up with 16 shots on goal…those are like, Red Wing numbers.

Posted by CrimsonPhoenix on 10/26/13 at 07:48 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

It hurts my soul a little bit that Lecav4lier is playing for the Flyers.

Ew. And/or ick.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/26/13 at 07:51 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

Evening Bitches!

Ten games in and life is looking mediocre

gOTTA lOVE that salary cap system

I don’t really mind splits. Well… at least when it is split tail   smile

Posted by SnLO from the sub great-white north on 10/26/13 at 07:54 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

I like Vinny too..

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 10/26/13 at 07:55 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Intermission story txted to me by my daughter today, one of the funniest things I’ve read in a while.

—————

So I’m talking to this Nam vet at the bar the other day. He’s saying how he doesn’t remember the 70s and he was at Woodstock and it was a crazy time yadda yadda. I said so how was Richie Havens and how was that epic Santana performance. He says he was there for 4 days and only remembers about 1 of those days. I said you know if as many people were at Woodstock as think they were there would’ve been 4x as many people there. He says well I was there man it was crazy I was living in Colorado at the time. I said so what were you doing in New York? He says oh I’ve never been to New York.

I met him the time I was there before. He said I ain’t right. I said no you’re not.

————-

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/26/13 at 08:00 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/26/13 at 08:00 PM ET

Hah, wow. At least my mom admits she thought traffic was so shitty that she turned around and went back home. Regrets that choice.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/26/13 at 08:03 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/26/13 at 08:00 PM ET

I remember not being at Woodstock. cheese

Posted by calquake on 10/26/13 at 08:03 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Howdy bitches. Just caught up with the l-bee and a lead after one.

The Rags don’t look very inspired to play tonite. They look to be playing like my team when we tailgate before a late scheduled game.
Almost Pavs.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 10/26/13 at 08:03 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Aren’t you guys called the “Dr. Rahmani All-Stars”?

Posted by calquake on 10/26/13 at 08:05 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

And there’s no problem with the Wings that can’t be solved by bitching about it.
Posted by HockeyinHD on 10/26/13 at 06:15 PM ET

So you really have not quite caught up with the concept of blogging?!?

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/26/13 at 08:06 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Mmmmmm, curly fries.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/26/13 at 08:07 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I remember not being at Woodstock.

Posted by calquake on 10/26/13 at 08:03 PM ET

Somehow I thought that story would resonate with you, LOL.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/26/13 at 08:09 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Great save!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/26/13 at 08:09 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Nah. Quake the only all stars we are are beer drinkers.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 10/26/13 at 08:11 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

That blocker save was Elite

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/26/13 at 08:12 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

wow jimmy…

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 10/26/13 at 08:12 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Fuching-A Jimmah!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/26/13 at 08:12 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Somehow I thought that story would resonate with you, LOL.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/26/13 at 08:09 PM ET

I cannot fathom why anyone would associate me with drug use, rock ‘n roll and overall bat-sh*t craziness. smile

Posted by calquake on 10/26/13 at 08:13 PM ET

What happened to defense? Howie is saving this game…

Posted by CrimsonPhoenix on 10/26/13 at 08:14 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Posted by calquake on 10/26/13 at 08:13 PM ET

Because we’ve met?;)

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/26/13 at 08:15 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Jimmah skating to the bench saying I’ll be back when you bitches start playing some d.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 10/26/13 at 08:15 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

What happened to defense? Howie is saving this game…

Posted by CrimsonPhoenix on 10/26/13 at 08:14 PM ET

Yes we are giving up a ton of shots on goal this year but I think it is as much a factor of not being able to forecheck and keep the puck deep as it is on our young defense.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/26/13 at 08:16 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by calquake on 10/26/13 at 08:13 PM ET

Urban Legend!

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/26/13 at 08:17 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

JIMMAH!!!

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/26/13 at 08:17 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

ok I had it on my computer, no sound because I was on the phone, and it looked like they showed Lidstrom on the bench.

I just about peed myself.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 10/26/13 at 08:17 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

JIMMAH

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 10/26/13 at 08:17 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

All of those shots that were not hitting Jimmy the other night are hitting him tonight, and then some.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/26/13 at 08:18 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Because we’ve met?;)

Oh that… well… umm… sez you.

Posted by calquake on 10/26/13 at 08:18 PM ET