Abel to Yzerman

Shanahan’s Jig

And I’m ready to hold up the city’s hockey coverage for the 19.

I’ve got my H2H hat on so that 19 bitches are always on my mind.

I’m rocking the blazer and v-neck t-shirt because I’ve got more style than professional journalists.

image

I’m wearing tight rock-star jeans to show off that I’ve got more balls than professional journalists.

And I’m wearing high-top sneakers, because that is how I roll.

I bring you this highly professional fashion report as not only will I be fashionable, I intend to be fashionably late for the Shanahan Summit.

Let no one mistake me for a professional journalist.  We can’t have that, bitches, now can we?

image

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

Guilherme's avatar

Have fun and make us proud, bartender.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 08/18/10 at 09:46 AM ET

Sullyosis's avatar

I wonder what questions he’ll pull from the suggestion box.  My favourite was the one for Gary asking if he’d ever paid for his own entry to a hockey game prior to being commish.

Posted by Sullyosis from A hateful lair in Post Apocalyptic US (or Arizona) on 08/18/10 at 10:35 AM ET

FranzensMouthguard's avatar

Go get em Toronto Kid!

Posted by FranzensMouthguard from Chicago, IL on 08/18/10 at 11:00 AM ET

Cwix's avatar

Hey VooX, don’t forget your cup (not Stanley). That’ll put the deep diggers into a tizzy. Looking forward to your reporting.

Posted by Cwix from Grand Rapids, now Chicago, IL on 08/18/10 at 11:00 AM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

Give ‘em both barrels, barkeep.  Hold back nothing and reprazent The 19 with verve and panache.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 08/18/10 at 11:27 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

I dunno, for some reason the words of Sarah Silverman come to mind as advice,

“Don’t be a Dick”

What happens in A2Y stays in A2Y, because society won’t understand it.

Also the Emperor may not have any clothes, but he has worked tirelessly for five years without clothes to build the best true fan-based hockey site where we are free to frolic with no limits and pursue a life of religious fulfillment, and I would hate to see His Rep tarnished by his association with us becoming public knowledge.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 08/18/10 at 12:00 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Good luck, Voox.

Remember, do us proud.

If you are ever invited back to any type of NHL function like this again, we’ll know something went terribly awry.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 08/18/10 at 12:21 PM ET

Twig in Houston's avatar

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste. Marie on 08/18/10 at 11:21 AM ET

Posted by Twig in Houston from Houston, TX on 08/18/10 at 12:54 PM ET

Andy from FightNight's avatar

Good luck Orst! Must your redolent fragrance and radiant splendor take everyone’s breath away. Make us proud brotha!

Posted by Andy from FightNight on 08/18/10 at 01:14 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by Sullyosis from A hateful lair in Post Apocalyptic US (or Arizona) on 08/18/10 at 09:35 AM ET

That is epic, and I think I know the answer to that question.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 08/18/10 at 01:22 PM ET

Paint that town red, VooX.  Looking forward to your write up.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 08/18/10 at 01:44 PM ET

Sullyosis's avatar

That is epic, and I think I know the answer to that question.
Posted by RWBill from Detroit, and I’m a Red Wings fan. So F You. on 08/18/10 at 12:22 PM ET

Seriously, kudos(TM) to whoever asked that one.  And here’s to hoping the Barkeep asks it of the tiny leader of large men who play hockey.

Posted by Sullyosis from A hateful lair in Post Apocalyptic US (or Arizona) on 08/18/10 at 02:06 PM ET

GrahamWIIM's avatar

You will have to let us know if he tries to make you kiss his ring when you approach him. Or if he has to stand on a crate so that he can look you in the eye.

Posted by GrahamWIIM from Chicago via Toronto on 08/18/10 at 02:09 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

You need a pipe. One of them Sherlocky Holmes types.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 08/18/10 at 04:04 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Posted by Sullyosis from A hateful lair in Post Apocalyptic US (or Arizona) on 08/18/10 at 01:06 PM ET

Not to toot my own journalistic horn, but that was me ( I )  who suggested that query.

I hope Voox has more self control than me, because if I was that close to lil gary - I might do something I may regret.

Posted by Down River Dan on 08/18/10 at 05:52 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

Or if he has to stand on a crate so that he can look you in the eye.

he’d have to stand on a crate just to head butt a normal person in the chin.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 08/18/10 at 06:00 PM ET