Abel to Yzerman

Roll The Dice…One More Time

South Detroit doesn't exist.  Many richards have told us that many times.  Something about geography and bottled water. I don't know the precise equation, having dropped out of Northern before I could attain my prestigious associate's degree in advanced Pharmacy.

Physically, it's a myth.

But spiritually, in a place where we live that is not real life, it's everything.  It's less than a minute to go and it's a Wing lead in a game that means way too much to way too many.

Steve Perry has been replaced by a young Filipino who sounds exactly like his predecessor. It's weird.  But it doesn't matter. It could be Al Sobotka singing it. It just doesn't matter. It's the timing.  That's everything.

I need to hear that song.  Tonite.

Two weeks ago we were at some middle school function. There was a band. They were not very good, but don't tell them I said that.  They were playing a song with flutes and recorders and silly drums.  Somebody had a trumpet.  I recognized the tune but I couldn't place it.  My wife, who knows every Wing score before I watch the game on DVR but somehow doesn't give away the result and do you have any idea how hard that would be? She nudged me and said, "that's got to be an omen."

It was that song.  I know. Like I've said...it's cheesy.  But holy hell if it isn't the greatest thing ever because when we hear it, you know the end is nigh.

We need to hear that song. Tonite.

It's a Live Blog, bitches. For all that's good in this world, baby Jesus.  You adorable, drooling, swaddled and innocent little bundle of Helm.  Do it. Give us this game. We'll be good. I promise.

1 to the WCF.  5 to the Burning.  9 to 12.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

stonehands-78's avatar

thanks, Chief.

Burn.This.Conference.Down.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/27/13 at 06:23 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Rambo and i will be tuned in.  Unlikely to comment on the LB, too much stress.  Lets all hope for a 7-1 statue of liberty type game.

Yea, thats the ticket.

LGRW

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 05/27/13 at 06:25 PM ET

monkey's avatar

It’s on now.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/27/13 at 06:30 PM ET

monkey's avatar

South Detroit doesn’t exist.

Not since they changed the name to Southpointe.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/27/13 at 06:31 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Lets all hope for a 7-1 statue of liberty type game.

Wouldn’t it be nice for Mule to show up and score 7 goals?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/27/13 at 06:35 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

I want to puke

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 05/27/13 at 06:47 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Link 1
Link 2
Both for VLC/Quicktime.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/27/13 at 06:49 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Give us this game.

No one is going to give us anything. The Wings have to take this game, or, they deserve nothing.

Take this game. Give no quarter.

Let’s Roll.

LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/27/13 at 06:55 PM ET

VooX's avatar

What are you bitches drinking?

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/27/13 at 06:59 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

I found some extra good intermission entertainment today.

Consider yourself forewwarned.

smile

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/27/13 at 07:03 PM ET

dougie's avatar

What are you bitches drinking?

Surprisingly, only iced tea.

Posted by dougie on 05/27/13 at 07:05 PM ET

Puppies and Hookers's avatar

My memory may be off but wasn’t the statue of liberty game 2-0 and game 6? and the 7 goal game in gm 7?  Yeah, I know I’m annoying…

Posted by Puppies and Hookers from La la land on 05/27/13 at 07:06 PM ET

Pugna Vox's avatar

What are you bitches drinking?

Been a day of Rockstar and ice water so far. Think i will skip the bourbon and go right to Ibogaine and ether.

Posted by Pugna Vox from Idiot Out Wandering Around on 05/27/13 at 07:07 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Oh helm, I feel sick.

No LB for me.  Can’t chew my fingers and type at the same time.

Do.This.Wings.Just.Do.It

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/27/13 at 07:07 PM ET

Only a matter of time until #22 is in the rafters now boys.

Posted by maltby18 on 05/27/13 at 07:08 PM ET

Puppies and Hookers's avatar

Gm 6 2-0:  http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=220529017
Gm7 7-0: http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=220531005

great memories!!

Posted by Puppies and Hookers from La la land on 05/27/13 at 07:12 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Since Monday’s child is fair of face, according to the old nursery rhyme, let’s close it out tonight, and not wait until Wednesday’s child hold court,eh?

LETS GO RED WINGS. Skate to the sack.

Posted by dougie on 05/27/13 at 07:16 PM ET

Primis's avatar

I just grilled out in the the garage tonight because it’s freaking Memorial Day and rain & 50F doesn’t change that.  No f**ks were given.  You-Ess-Ay, You-Ess-Ay!

Wings aren’t going to give any f**ks tonight either.

Like I’ve said…it’s cheesy.  But holy hell if it isn’t the greatest thing ever because when we hear it, you know the end is nigh.

It’s buying in.  You buy in to it, others buy in.  Everyone buys in to it.

It’s kinda’ like how in Hawaii on 4th of July those lunatics starting singing heartfelt renditions of “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” to fireworks (seriously… someone really should have warned us about that ahead of time…).  It means something to them, so to them it’s f**k everyone else.

No f**ks given.

Posted by Primis on 05/27/13 at 07:18 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Only a matter of time until #22 is in the rafters now boys.

Posted by maltby18 on 05/27/13 at 07:08 PM ET

For Cicarelli of course….or maybe Knuble?

SURELY you don’t mean mr train whistle…...

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/27/13 at 07:19 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Only a matter of time until #22 is in the rafters now boys.

Posted by maltby18 on 05/27/13 at 07:08 PM ET

Somewhere some clueless Avs fan thinks that means Tootoo is getting his number raised.

But really COL is wondering why DET’s taking so long raising Dekeyser’s.

Posted by Primis on 05/27/13 at 07:19 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

What are you bitches drinking?

Kool-Aid

EVERYONE drink the Kool-Aid.

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 05/27/13 at 07:22 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Wings in 6.

Do this.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 05/27/13 at 07:31 PM ET

slimelord's avatar

OOOHHHH YEAAAAHHHHH

Posted by slimelord on 05/27/13 at 07:31 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Edzo looking at tonight as a chance for the Wings to “get back in this series”  LOL

What an incompetent boob

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 05/27/13 at 07:32 PM ET

klank's avatar

pass the jar of Kool-Aid; friend told me to try FinLaggan Whiskey.  holy hell, chit tastes like kerosene.  make note pharmacists.

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/27/13 at 07:35 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Game 6…nobodies gonna give the Wings anything.

Take it.

Take it tonight.

Burn.This.Conference.Down.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the prospect shuffle.... on 05/27/13 at 07:38 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/27/13 at 07:35 PM ET

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/27/13 at 07:38 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Here’s tonights poison.

Still have tequila too… it’s gonna be a good night.

LGRW!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 05/27/13 at 07:39 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

Evenin bitch’s. No LB for me tonight. But last game I didn’t post and. . . u guys know how that one went. Let’s roll boys.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 05/27/13 at 07:44 PM ET

MsRedWingFan's avatar

these fawking NBC announcers act like the Red Wings have lost game 6 and it is game 7 ....  F*ckem
do it tonight Red Wings .... no mercy !!!!

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan hometown of Abdelkader on 05/27/13 at 07:45 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

South Detroit doesn’t exist.

Actually…

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 05/27/13 at 07:45 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Take it away Mickey…

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 05/27/13 at 07:47 PM ET

Tony Perkis's avatar

Babcock > Quenneville anddddd Zetterberg > Toews. Plus I’m on my third brew so I’m feeling good about tonight.

Posted by Tony Perkis from Drinking at Robert's Lounge with Billy Batts on 05/27/13 at 07:48 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

PeeAire ....wow.  Did I miss something…...did the Cawks play the Perfect Game in #5.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the prospect shuffle.... on 05/27/13 at 07:49 PM ET

I said Wings in 6.  So tonight it has to happen.  Can’t take another game 7 anyway.

Uncle Mike will make sure they do.

LGRW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Jeff from CO. on 05/27/13 at 07:49 PM ET

klank's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 05/27/13 at 07:38 PM ET

Cheers!

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/27/13 at 07:51 PM ET

TeamDub's avatar

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 05/27/13 at 07:51 PM ET

TeamDub's avatar

PBR - it’s sacrilicious!

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 05/27/13 at 07:52 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 05/27/13 at 07:52 PM ET

Turning water to….PBR?!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the prospect shuffle.... on 05/27/13 at 07:54 PM ET

bezukov's avatar